So 40 is first....who is next to come out commercially?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

reza

Sicc OG
Jun 9, 2005
Keak is already getting attention. He is close to consistently getting played on MTVjams and i think he had a video clip on direct effect.

Mar 8, 2006
Id say San Quinn. MTV should start playin his "Look what Ive done for them" video. That song is dope as fuck and the video is legit. The Bay needs something thats not Hyphy to represent it in a different light. No one knows that theres more to the Bay than hyphy.

May 5, 2005
707senator707 said:
Doc truth I understand JD has pull but don't think rick is some powder puff. Music industry people respect rick as well. Who do you think these majors run to when there artist needs a west coast sound but no dr dre budget? Your right feds had there chance but so did guerilla black at the same time and virgin went with G black cuz he was from LA and he had the biggie buzz. I will not speak on keak business but its the feds who have the major deal and will be the next to get major attention.
You right, Rick Rock is one of my favorites and he's well known also but JD has been in the game alot longer than Rick Rock and has endless connections, even his dad is a record exec or something. I mean there's really no comparison. You dont see rick rock in video's like JD. JD is a puffy type where his face and name helps sell records. Not rick rock. Rick Rock to me is more like a Chad Hugo, dope and lays low which is what a real producer is in my opinion. Fuck being all in the video.

Dec 9, 2005
Doc Truth said:
They've had major buzz before anybody in the bay with that hifey stuff yet they havent really done anything. Franchize boys have Jermain Durpris producing for them. He has serious industry pull thats why they made it.

I hear ya man...thing is...back when Hyphy dropped The Bay didn't have half the buzz it does now...and with the support that 40/The Bay is getting from radio, MTV, and BET its not like they'll be doing it alone this time around.

As far as the whole Franchise Boyz thing...I think that JD obviously played a part in thier success, but The South has had the game on lock for some time now...and they're just part of the whole wave...plus they make catchy radio/club friendly songs.

Mar 11, 2006
MacFee said:
Id say San Quinn. MTV should start playin his "Look what Ive done for them" video. That song is dope as fuck and the video is legit. The Bay needs something thats not Hyphy to represent it in a different light. No one knows that theres more to the Bay than hyphy.
I Agree..messy marv,jacka,bailey, and ya boy should blow up also

Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
I think The Fed is a better choice right now to put out before Keak, because as someone said, he is way too unorthodox to really blow at that level. If he did blow, he still might be seen as a gimmick or somethin because of his style, and I know everyone would hate seein him turned into a joke.

Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
MacFee said:
Right now...y'all really need to ride the hyphy bus while it's makin buzz. As shady as it might sound, the nation is only going to want to hear hyphy tracks from the Bay, and if not "Hyphy" at least songs like "Hell yeah" that can work in the same setting. I always have said that it is a well known fact that the Bay is diverse and can do much more than hyphy, but the only reason people outside the Bay are thinkin about the Bay right now is because of the hyphy movement. So after a few artists keep it movin, then y'all can start to show the diversity.

Apr 5, 2006
true that --- gotta ride the hyphy movement. we all know that we've got more than that, but the world will take it one by one.

so since keak is already on mtv/mtv2, its just a matter of time for the "superhyphy" and "3 freaks" videos to get airplay.

san quinn has a video out for "blow the whistle" on mtv i hear too... along with e40 and tpain's "u and dat" soon to be released.

four videos at the moment, getting mtv2/mtv jams recognition -- i think you'll see em on normal mtv within the next month or so.

"mainstream" audiences want great videos... i hope ya boy, valentine, feds, turf and FAB hear this! middle america wants videos!