Siccness Tech Goons

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 16, 2006
for someone who knows jack shit about computers like myself, where would i start if i wanted to get into the industry? which classes or courses would i have to take? im from the mission district and i see a lot of these folks moving in, and they're balling. i see that technology is the future and the way to go if you're tryin to make real paper. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
<---- Systems engineer for a wifi firm.

Been in this industry for 15 years & I hate every fucking minute of it.

If you are good with working with all a bunch of people who kiss ass, brown nose, doing the "yes-man" thing, being in a cube or a lab all day, working endless hours even when you're not on the clock, NOT making the wages you thought you'd be making, answering to someone who you feel is lesser than you on the totem pole of life, ...MONOTONY in the purest form, then this is a gig for you!

Me myself, I got a different plan.

I do not plan on staying in this industry for much longer. Promises of bigger & better things, no matter what company you work for (& I have worked for ALL the biggest in silicon valley) ....those promises never materialize. It's a simple tactic used to make you work MORE.

FUCK the tech industry, but I fell into this career though... I have to admit, I didn't work for it, go to college for it, pursue it. This shit was handed to me & I just got hella certifications & moved up the corporate ladder thanks for my experience at Cisco Systems back in 99/2000.

Enjoy your expensive ass student loans for a workplace you are gonna hate in 5 years or so.

Nov 16, 2006

If you are good with working with all a bunch of people who kiss ass, brown nose, doing the "yes-man" thing, being in a cube or a lab all day, working endless hours even when you're not on the clock, NOT making the wages you thought you'd be making, answering to someone who you feel is lesser than you on the totem pole of life, ...MONOTONY in the purest form, then this is a gig for you!

I do not plan on staying in this industry for much longer. Promises of bigger & better things, no matter what company you work for (& I have worked for ALL the biggest in silicon valley) ....those promises never materialize. It's a simple tactic used to make you work MORE.

FUCK the tech industry, but I fell into this career though... I have to admit, I didn't work for it, go to college for it, pursue it. This shit was handed to me & I just got hella certifications & moved up the corporate ladder thanks for my experience at Cisco Systems back in 99/2000.

Enjoy your expensive ass student loans for a workplace you are gonna hate in 5 years or so.
dam never heard anyone talk about the tech industry like that. right on for keeping it real.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
in I.T., if you aint in THE CLIQUE, you most certainly are OUT of the clique.

& no disrespect to my asian folks, because this aint a direct shot at anyone, I got friends of all races, but if you don't speak chinese, consider yourself OUTSIDE the clique.

....in every tech company in the bay.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
Serious question here, any of you work in the Tech industry? Software Engineer/Database Administrator/Network Admin/Web Developer/Project Manager etc...?

I know some cats who are making $140k a year with bonuses. But shit the Bay Area is getting expensive! Started learning Java programming this semester, will probably pick up Javascript as well and either Ruby + Rails or Python + Django.
no, but i am teaching myself ruby at the current time. in the past ive dabbled in java, one click, and c++. but my knowledge of programming was used for bad intentions (hacking, cracking, fraud, id theft, etc.) now im thinking a little different.

i have a whole lot of ideas and plans , and instead of letting someone else take my ideas and bank on them i'm putting myself in the position to make these things reality. one thing ive learned in life in my 30s is how to execute my plans.

if all works out in my life my 'work' will be investing in myself and/or the earth/society. i dont want to work for anyone, but people can come work with (not 'for') me.

Last edited:

short

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
All this negativity making me think this IT jobs are weak as fuck lol

All I know is I want a field job of some kind, I think the cubicle shit would make me kill myself.

the tech jobs are also computer repairmen best buy geek squad style. thats what im aiming for in a couple years. working in a cubicle would be impossible since i got ADHD. working in a cubicle would suck worse than:

the travolta career killer "battlefield earth"

Apr 25, 2002
I started in tech support in 1999, moved up over the years to programmer in 2004 or 2005 or so... Pay went up but the hours got longer, and there's no overtime when you do that kind of work, so be ready to work long nights and weekends... Then when you get time off after a project, you'll probably get a week off that won't count toward your vacation hours (sounds good,) but you'll be to exhausted go anywhere and it will be short notice so you can't really plan anything... If you do plan a vacation in advance, you better pray that you don't end up with a deadline after you plan on leaving, because you'll have to postpone your trip until you're finished, exhausted and don't feel like doing anything.

If you live alone, don't do shit, and don't wanna do shit, it's great. Otherwise... meh.

Apr 25, 2002

^On point.

Jan 5, 2006
Let me ask you folks in the field a real question... if you could choose any position in the tech field what would it be? (C-Level Executives don't count)

I like to design, build shit, solve problems... I don't enjoy hella math though.. and what I mean by that is algorithms.

I think the job I may be looking at is Developer, either full stack or front end with a little bit of knowledge in back end, and of course..... /no homo

Mar 25, 2005

NEXT TO HR, IT FOLKS ARE THE MOST MISERABLE IN MOST COMPANIES...SUPPLY CHAIN IS WHERE ITS AT...NO CEILING WHEN IT COMES TO OPPORTUNITY AS YOU SUPPORT EVERY GROUP IN THE ORG....