SHOULD THE WEST COAST RAP OG'S MAKE ROOM FOR THE NEXT GENERATION?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 27, 2005
We saw Jay Z step down, and he said that he was probably the reason people slept on the other artists at Rocafella, but do you think theres enough room for everyone to eat in this game, or should the pioneers step aside for the new class of up and comers. Really, the people that still sell the most on the west are niggas that done been here for damn near 15 years more or less. And they still sell maybe because they were in the game at the highpoint, when distribution was at international level, and had a worldwide following til this day. Do you think that fuck it, let there be old ass rappers like a James Brown not even able to walk around the stage, or that niggas should hang it up when the writing is on the wall? Let me know..........

Aug 15, 2002
nope...but they need to start cosigning and using there political pull at the labels to give the guys they really believe in more shine....like how Dre did for Em and Em did for 50...it aint always gonna work(see JayZ and Memphis Bleek) but i mean...they should really release and album and feature the hell out of one artist make sure they guest in the videos and all that...from there the fans have to decide

Apr 6, 2004
i dont bump snoop unless its his older material..same cw/ alot of them other generation cats..but i respectem.its all love 4 tha music..they got they're money...time for the rest to eat...its harder cuz back in the 90's there wasnt cd burners.u had 2 buy,..1 luv tha whole california car

Jun 2, 2004
yeah they do. that really does block out new talent. crooked i, spitfya, and sly boogie cant get any shine when their biggest competition is snoop dogg, ice cube, and dr. dre

Jan 10, 2004
since the westcoast isnt really on the radio, which OGs are suppose to stepdown? I think today's westcoast supporters dont listen to the radio to tell them whose cd to buy. todays westcoast supporters know of all the rappers who are "underground" outside of the westcoast

Apr 25, 2002
I think it depends. There OG rappers on the West Coast like San Quinn, who is only like 26 right now but been rappin since like 1992...I wouldnt want to see some of the rappers who are still young, like Quinn, Yukmouth etc. to step down when there time is not up.

On the other hand, you got cats like Snoop Dogg and E-40 who have had there day, why do they keep rappin? I guess because they got love for the game and they are still makin good music, but in my opinion cats like Snoop need to give it up because they really aint giving back to where they came from. If Snoop was raisin some new artists out of the 213 that would be all gravity but he's busy makin music with the Neptunes...40water is a great example because all he has done for the Bay Area is give back...he's signing young artists like Turf Talk and developing talent like the Mossie, he gets all the young gunz from Quinn to Messy Marv to Keak Da Sneak and helping them get exposure...

Well I guess my point is no one should give it up until they are ready, but its important to yield to talent and help point new artists in the right direction like 40 rather than be all about your cash when you got millions like Snoop...