Shooting w/ Lighting Equipment at Mare Island..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2005
I know people are allowed to go around and take pictures over there like it's nothing.

But if I am shooting a subject model with a small light setup, would that be a problem?

All I would be using is the outside of the old buildings...

Thanks, world.

Dec 31, 2005
WWW.JDOTCOLOMBO.BLOGSPOT.COM
I know people are allowed to go around and take pictures over there like it's nothing.

But if I am shooting a subject model with a small light setup, would that be a problem?

All I would be using is the outside of the old buildings...

Thanks, world.
actually u arent allowed to shoot like its nothing.everytime i go there now i get herrassed

PDA

Sicc OG
Mar 12, 2008
ever since 9-11 the government been crackin down on taking pictures of landmarks and shit

you can get away with it...but its illegal..atleast over here in new york it is
cops will straight up try and take your camera if u try and take pictures of the brooklyn bridge and shit

May 15, 2002
ever since 9-11 the government been crackin down on taking pictures of landmarks and shit

cops will straight up try and take your camera if u try and take pictures of the brooklyn bridge and shit
I was at the Braves stadium here in Atlanta taking pictures and the police said something to me about it. I didnt know that it was that serious.

Apr 25, 2002
www.rcanedesign.com
that brought up a good question, did a lil research and nothing has changed legally since 9-11 regarding photography,

i found a pdf that explains your rights as a photographer
http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf

anything in the public domain is legal to photograph, you may run into trouble on private property but there are no real restrictions as to what you can capture in public, and cops have no right to confiscate your property unless your invading someones right to privacy which only exists on private property. although a telephoto lens can reach across the lines from public to private so be prepared to be harassed, but if you know your rights they cant really do shit except try to intimidate

for more info check out

http://www.krages.com/phoright.htm
and
http://www.freedomtophotograph.com/

Jan 10, 2003
^Very good post

However, for the thread starter. Mare Island is now officially private property, no longer owned by the City Of Vallejo. It is now owned by a company called Lennar, as far as I know. But I've gotten away with pictures from there many times, so have a lot of other people. Just be discreet, and stay away from their "Private Patrol"

May 17, 2005

Hahaha real talk. NY is crazy. I was taking flicks with Cuban Link at the Washington Bridge (we was kind of far away and the bridge was just the very far background) and I just had my camera, no lights nothing, all the sudden 14 (!!!) police officers came out of nowhere and got at us! The took my camera and looked through all the photos and I was taking flicks of the graffitis in the hall of fame in Harlem before the shoot so they was searching all our cars for spray cans and all that shit. I got my camera back and everything still they let us sit there 2 hours. One of the police guys calmed it down cause he realized who Cuban was, he was like: "Yo what up with you and fat joe you still got beef?" lol and he was like: "Fuck that fat fuck."

Funny I never had problems with Brookyn Bridge.