shooting at chop suey last night

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

C-Lo

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.soundclick.com
anybody see this shit on the news? 1 person died and 2 people got injured. the news is saying oneve the injured was a performer. young soprano, fatal luccianno, dividenz, anonymous, and no clue were the performing artists. anybody know who the injured performer was?

Jul 12, 2002
http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2009/01/04/shooting_at_chop_suey

Shooting at Chop Suey
Posted by Jonah Spangenthal-Lee on Sun, Jan 4 at 1:11 PM

Originally posted at 12:54 AM

Shot have been fired at Chop Suey.

Three men in their twenties have been taken to Harborview and at least two of them appear to be seriously injured.

Update: One of our readers sent in a photo.

chps.jpg

According to a witness, someone opened up the side door at Chop Suey, opened fire and fled. One person was killed. Police have two possible suspects in custody.

There were several hip hop acts scheduled to perform at Chop Suey tonight, including Young Soprano, Fatal Lucciano, No Clue, Dividenz and Anonimous. A witness says Young Soprano was performing when the shooting happened.

Update 2: One of the show's promoters says he'd been urged to cancel the event because of the possibility of a gang related conflict.

"There were rumors circulating about the show and people told me not to put it on," the promoter says. "Some of these people are from down south and some of them are from the Central District." Schatzer says one of tonight's performers even brought their own security.

The promoter says he heard 5 or 6 shots in the back of the club near the bathrooms and saw the show's host, 1st Black Prez, get hit in the shoulder.

SPD's homicide and gang detectives are investigating.

Update 3: One of the victims of the shooting has been released from the hospital. One man died from his injuries earlier this morning and another is still being treated for life-threatening injuries.

Police say they've released one of the men arrested in relation to the shooting. Another man is being booked in to King County Jail for investigation of assault.

Police say they are still looking for another suspect.

Update 4: It appears local MC 29-E was killed in this morning's shooting. 1st Black Prez, who was shot in the chest, went in to surgery this morning. He's apparently stable but, according to someone familiar with the situation, he is "not breathing on his own."

Dec 3, 2005
just saw this on the news. they said the one killed was one of the artists. nobody still knows who it was? with all those known names on the bill someone around the sicc should know the deal. can we get an update that tha loco, soprano, luciano, notes and cola, etc are ok?

Dec 3, 2005
^i agree neema but it wont. i rarely go to hiphop shows anymore strictly for that reason. thought the loco is one of my favorite northwest artists.

and to 3rd eye: thanks for the info, i did read the front page article in the times or pi today about it. never heard of 29E before but never the less RIP. hope the others injured will pull through

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
chop suey is fucking gay anyway. and so is the seattle rap scene the last couple years. fuck this place, i'm getting sick of it.

but rip to 29 E.....I heard about it on the news and my coworkers were askin me if i knew dude....honestly, i've never heard of him or the other 2 guys that were injured.

the news made it seem like there were very few artists performing......i saw a young soprano POSTER...but they never said he was there......

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
This aint got shit to do with Hip Hop. only a sucka would shoot and hit muthafuckus that aint got shit to do with anythang. aint nothing @ these shows anyway, but a bunch of rappers watching rappers.
you're right, it has to do with dumb ass people who should have killed themselves.

i've been to shows sporadically over the last 7 years or so....the seattle scene WAS good awhile back....and now it's fucking crap. I've been to large venues, or large for seattle (twista/neema) and i've also been to album release parties at chop suey.

for the most part, it's not real fans. it's other rappers and friends of the artist who's performing.

and from what i heard is that the dudes who shot them just opened the door ran in and then ran out......dunno if that's true.....

eithery way it's too bad that dude died. and either way, seattle rap and hip-hop are fucking pathetic right now (in my opinion).

Oct 23, 2006
FTS and RHS need to come back an get shit crackin again. I really hope that new FTS is really on its way. An we got Notes, Cola and Crytical workin on their new album which is dope.
Anyway this thread aint really the place for that, it just sucks that dude was killed over nothing (at least thats how it looks as of now). Fuck whoever did that shit.