Seattle Is Not West?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2005
The Parker Brothaz shit slaps hard, way harder than a shit load of these bunk ass rappers out of the bay and all over California. It is West Coast to the fullest. They are going to go to the top with tha Bizness. Who else has production like that in cali? Don't sleep on this shit, its hot. Its all about the whole west coast, cause obviously the bay can't put it down worth a shit in the mainstream, besides a few rappers.

Oct 28, 2003
N JAIL U MY HOE said:
So is Canada and Mexico... But on the rap map they aint
Exactly...Rap wise the West is California and outside of Cali the West=LA. When people that arn't from here think of California they think of Hollywood, gangbanging and the Lakers.

Dec 12, 2006
Bruh they alright but this is cailfornia mane we on another beat than oregon and washington cmon get real, just cuz its on the same coast doesnt mean shit just another hustle for u to buy cds from somewhere else

May 4, 2005
When the bay went wack, I went looking elsewhere on the Westside, and whoever put the Parker Brothaz on this forum props. I am sick of all this bay shit, nobody sells shit, everybody steals music, its pathetic. There are a handful of decent rappers from the bay, but common now, after E-40 really who is there that is a fuckin boss? NOBODY!

Jun 24, 2006
SoilSavy said:
The Parker Brothaz shit slaps hard, way harder than a shit load of these bunk ass rappers out of the bay and all over California. It is West Coast to the fullest. They are going to go to the top with tha Bizness. Who else has production like that in cali? Don't sleep on this shit, its hot. Its all about the whole west coast, cause obviously the bay can't put it down worth a shit in the mainstream, besides a few rappers.
good lookin out homie

Apr 10, 2006
The NW is The NW.....We understand cali does their thing...aint none of the real artists Out here or any where in our area tryin steal from california.... if anything folk are trying to bring up their neighborhood....their state ...their city...whether or not we on the "MAP" in some of yalls opinions dont matter........ we do exist!!!!

And honestly I dont see a lot of seperation between the lives of rappers out here and there for real....lot a niggas that rap is broke..among other things....no matter where u from.......same struggle/same hustle...dont let a location keep you from giving some of this good NW shit a chance...........

Of ourse its common in more topics than rap to leave The NW out when u out mention the West Coast... so who really gives a fuck!!!!! If u dont get it...look at the map........then check the definition of what coast is.....
U tell me?????

SYKO

Artist
May 4, 2002
heres some seattle/bay FACTS

sir mix a lot had a video on mtv before any bay area RAP artist
and also won a grammy...something bay RAP artists have yet to do.
seattle is a BIG part of the west, period.
and the bay uses some of the NW most prestigious producers to shape their sound. hands down..

Jan 15, 2006
SYKO said:
heres some seattle/bay FACTS

sir mix a lot had a video on mtv before any bay area RAP artist
and also won a grammy...something bay RAP artists have yet to do.
seattle is a BIG part of the west, period.
and the bay uses some of the NW most prestigious producers to shape their sound. hands down..
when people outside of cali hear westcoast they think LA not LA AND the bay but just LA.. people more familiar with the westcoast think of the bay and la as westcoast as far as RAP GOES. nobody hardly ever mentions seattle or the northwest.. and i know you aint trying to compare the bays hiphop history with seattle or norhwest hiphop history (which is pretty much nonexistent) so im not even gonna go there..

but because ONE artist from the northwest had a hit single more then 10 years ago and 2 underground producers produced some songs for a couple of cali artists they are a BIG part of the west ? u kidding me u gone have to do a lil more then that to be considered anything near a BIG part of the west.. dont flatter yourself cuzzo you produced 2 songs for mac dre that became LOCAL hits and you think you the quincy jones of the bay area..

Jun 24, 2006
the_truth_ said:
but because ONE artist from the northwest had a hit single more then 10 years ago and 2 underground producers produced some songs for a couple of cali artists they are a BIG part of the west ?
One producer that you've probably heard a lot of songs from and dont know about is tha bizness they do all kinds of shit for a lot of people got signed to g unit not too long ago. vitaman d is another one.