Seahawks News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
We held Alex Smith to 108 yards and 0 TD's. We had 0 turnovers to their 2. Russell had 2 TD's, 0 interceptions and 71 rushing yards on top of Lynch's 124 rushing yards. Our time of possession was 35:57 to their 24:03. If you showed me those stats before the game I would have bet my left nut we came out with a win. Can't wait for next Sunday. I'm predicting we come out of these next 6 games with a 5-1 record. We get in the playoffs and with all aspects of the team playing their best, even our bullshit O-line.

May 9, 2002
From Condotta's blog, here is a very interesting stat:

Center Max Unger graded at +2.7 before being carted off. Unger has played in six of ten games and the grading splits when he is in the lineup are quite interesting: with Unger - Wilson +4.6 Lynch +12.9; without - Wilson -2.5 Lynch +2.4.
And another...

To give an idea of how bad the defense performed, of 44 qualifying defensive ends this week, Cliff Avril (-2.5) and Michael Bennett (-3.9) graded at 41st and 43rd. Defensive tackle Tony McDonald (-1.8) ranked 51st of 54. Outside linebackers Malcolm Smith (-2.2) and Bruce Irvin (-3.4) finished 23rd and 25th out of 25 OLBs.
Those numbers are per PFF.

Last edited:
Props: BUTCHER 206
Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
League fines Marshawn Lynch $100,000 | ProFootballTalk

As it turns out, talking to a reporter employed by the NFL wasn’t enough to satisfy the NFL’s requirement that Marshawn Lynch talk to reporters.

The NFL has fined $100,000 for failing to speak to reporters after Sunday’s game, which also included Lynch failing to go to the locker room at halftime.

“Marshawn Lynch has been fined $50,000 for violating the NFL Media Policy,” the league said in a statement provided to PFT. “In addition, the league will collect the $50,000 fine that was imposed following violations of the media policy during the 2013 season but held in abeyance in anticipation of future cooperation.

“The NFL Media Policy mandates that players must be available to the media during the practice week at the team facility and in the locker room following all games.”

The league had threatened Lynch with the fine if he violated the policy again on Sunday in Kansas City. Lynch dressed quickly and left the locker room after Seattle’s loss to the Chiefs. Lynch then spoke by phone to NFL employees Mike Silver and Michael Robinson (a former Lynch teammate). The league declined to accept those calls as a substitute for answering the questions of reporters who actually were at the game.

An appeal is likely, because Lynch has nothing to lose. While Lynch, who has been fined two prior times for violating the policy, is in the wrong, the whole thing currently seems a little goofy, given the far more important fish the league office currently is trying to fry without continuing to splash 360-degree grease all over itself.

Props: BUTCHER 206
Nov 24, 2003
I agree, it is stupid. But I just don't see what is so difficult about going in front of the media and just give them robot answers. He'd save some money by doing so. Oh well.

It's a bit relative though as I am sure you know.

You might do the same thing if your boss tried to make you do some dumb ass shit or fine you $1,000.

I hate the NFL sometimes. These guys are there to play football. Fuck talking to the media, and fuck the NFL trying to act like the justice system....we already have one of those.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
I agree, it is stupid. But I just don't see what is so difficult about going in front of the media and just give them robot answers. He'd save some money by doing so. Oh well.
sounds to me like ice city has a phobia. and if thats the case there should be no fine. dude gets real uncomfortable around cameras