scratchin

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2006
Hey does anybody here scratch? I just got the Stanton DJLab.3 and pretty much new to this, so can anybody give me some pointers on scratchin? Im bout to get Techs 12" vinyls to scratch to...i thought that would be sick seein how Techs got some Ill beats and i havent seen anybody scratch to it. If by any chance anyone seen scatchin done to Techs beats and can throw up a video of it by all means do it up! I looked on youtube and found nothin.

Sep 16, 2002
tetsuo said:
Hey does anybody here scratch? I just got the Stanton DJLab.3 and pretty much new to this, so can anybody give me some pointers on scratchin? Im bout to get Techs 12" vinyls to scratch to...i thought that would be sick seein how Techs got some Ill beats and i havent seen anybody scratch to it. If by any chance anyone seen scatchin done to Techs beats and can throw up a video of it by all means do it up! I looked on youtube and found nothin.
I took a video of my boy scratchin' and mixin' "Bout Ta' Bubble" and other tracks with some Dre and other people's beats...I'll put them up one day whenever I have time to edit all the damn videos I have....I just don't have that much time to.

Aztek

My Mom Sucks Cock For Crack
Mar 6, 2007
ill look for you....i know mad dj's in the club scratch his ish.....when im at raves i hear it all the time.....if you do some scratchin to it....post it up!!!

Sep 23, 2002
www.wannabattle.com
I do.

but know that you're going to be buying lots a vinyl ($$$$$$) if all you want to do is be a good scratcher.

Learn to mix and juggle as well as.

Just like your momma said when you were little... IT WILL FUCK UP THE RECORD SON! (although now a days it takes longer because of the newer needles made)

I use Stanton str8-150's... I'd suggest saving up for some of those or Technics 1200/10's

Jan 2, 2004
My friend Frank DJs and he gots the Technics 1200s.. And if you're gonna get into it, just know it's really, really, expensive if you want to start doing more.

But you should also learn more than just scratching as well, as DJing is a lot more than just that. Mixing and Juggling is also nice like Slacker said.

You can buy bargain bin vinyls cheap for a dollar to two dollars a lot of times, and get some good stuff, but new singles usually cost 4-5 dollars on vinyl, and if you're juggling you need two copies.

So it's expensive, don't get into it on a whim.

I would say check out CD turntables but they suck really bad for scratching and the shit sounds fake as hell.