SALE OUT......OR JUS SIMPLY GETTIN PAID

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

WOULD YOU DO A COMERCIAL ALBUM 4 2 MILL

• NO IAM NOT GONNA SALE OUT

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • HELL YEAH SHIT!! GIMMIE THE LOOT!!!! I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT NO ONE SAIDS

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • I DONT NO...ITS HARD QESTION

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 17, 2003
STREETLEVELRECORDS.COM
IT DONT MATER WHAT KINDA MUZIK U MAKE IT DONT CHANGE YOUR BACK GROUND AN WERE YOUR(REALY) FROM HOOD OR SUBRUB...HERES A HIGH PATHATICAL QESTION..............IF YOU WERE OFFERD 2MILL TO MAKE A COMERCAIL ALBUM WITH NO STRINGS ATACHED WOULD U TAKE THE $$ AN SAY FUCK IT AN DO IT OR TURN IT DOWN BCUZZ U DIDNT WANNA GO POP BCUZZ YOUR A GANGSTA..........ME!!!!!!!! SHIT I THINK BIG SAID IT THE BEST,,.....GIMMIE DA LOOT GIMMIE THE LOOT!! ....NEXT QESTION IF YOU DID TAKE THE $$$ WHAT WUOLD YOU DO WITH IT

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
If I was offered 2 million dollars to do an album on the level of a commercial release I would mos def take the deal. You would have to be a fool to NOT take the money. That's the dream we're all trying to achieve whether we want to admit it or not. There are ways to find success commercially and still not sell out. Are any of us shitney spears here? No I didn't think so.... so tell me how we could POSSIBLY "sell out" in this game. I doubt someone can even tell me what selling out is. IMO, selling out is a term used to describe people who come up. PERIOD. There's always going to be people out there who like underground rappers and want them to stay there because they think the music is more real. Fuck that noise. Music isn't more real because that rapper is from your area or you know him, or you think you know him because he's from around the way. Whatever... fact of the matter is, the term selling out is BULLSHIT. So with that said, HELL YEAH I would sign a deal for 2 million and make a commercial record. They sound better because they're put together by PROFESSIONALS and not someone like myself trying my hardest to work with what I got... They're more polished, the packaging is tighter and it challenges the artist.

What would I do with my two million dollars? Easy question. Fuck bling, cars, bitches, and drugs. I would buy a nice home in a nice area where I would want to raise my kids and I would start a family with the woman I love and diversify the rest of the money. If success happens I would plan my life accordingly. Other than that, I really couldn't see spending all that money on bullshit. If you get 2 million, you're really only walking away with at most, 50% of that because of the federal income tax laws so now you're down to 1 million. Don't forget about who made it happen, your manager and your lawyer... now you're down to $700,000... That's more than enough to get your shit together. That's my plan if anything ever happens with my music on the level of what you're talking about Skunt.

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
mo-x said:
If I was offered 2 million dollars to do an album on the level of a commercial release I would mos def take the deal. You would have to be a fool to NOT take the money. That's the dream we're all trying to achieve whether we want to admit it or not. There are ways to find success commercially and still not sell out. Are any of us shitney spears here? No I didn't think so.... so tell me how we could POSSIBLY "sell out" in this game. I doubt someone can even tell me what selling out is. IMO, selling out is a term used to describe people who come up. PERIOD. There's always going to be people out there who like underground rappers and want them to stay there because they think the music is more real. Fuck that noise. Music isn't more real because that rapper is from your area or you know him, or you think you know him because he's from around the way. Whatever... fact of the matter is, the term selling out is BULLSHIT. So with that said, HELL YEAH I would sign a deal for 2 million and make a commercial record. They sound better because they're put together by PROFESSIONALS and not someone like myself trying my hardest to work with what I got... They're more polished, the packaging is tighter and it challenges the artist.

What would I do with my two million dollars? Easy question. Fuck bling, cars, bitches, and drugs. I would buy a nice home in a nice area where I would want to raise my kids and I would start a family with the woman I love and diversify the rest of the money. If success happens I would plan my life accordingly. Other than that, I really couldn't see spending all that money on bullshit. If you get 2 million, you're really only walking away with at most, 50% of that because of the federal income tax laws so now you're down to 1 million. Don't forget about who made it happen, your manager and your lawyer... now you're down to $700,000... That's more than enough to get your shit together. That's my plan if anything ever happens with my music on the level of what you're talking about Skunt.
I feel you on that, most definetly.

Nov 7, 2003
www.myspace.com
mo-x said:

mo x is on point. you real smart homie.........

Apr 25, 2002
Dig that Mo-X. The question really boils down to 'are you serious about your money, yes or no?' There is no inbetween, either you are or you arn't.

Anyone who cares more about strangers opinions than about getting their bills paid and having their life in order is a SUCKA.

Apr 25, 2002
Re: What is a commercial album

YOUNG KRIME said:
Drop some names of who you feel has dropped a commercial album in the last 2 years???i voted that i don't know this is a hard question.
You're just looking at the question from the wrong angle. If you see the question for what it's really asking, it's a no-brainer!