Rza will direct Russell Crowe in The Man with the Iron Fist

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 27, 2009
Wu Tang Clan's The RZA directing new kung fu movie...

According to actor/Wu Tang Clan member RZA, he will be starring with Russell Crowe in The Man With The Iron Fist, a kung fu movie that RZA is also directing.

"I won't spoil it for you, but Russell's gonna be the baddest man alive," RZA told E!. "That man is in fighting shape. That man will knock you out."

The movie starts shooting in Shanghai in December. "It's nerve-wracking," RZA said. "He's a master of the craft. I'm quite sure that I may learn something from him."

Crowe and RZA worked together in American Gangster and in the upcoming The Next Three Days.

Quentin Tarantino and Eli Roth are cowriter and coproducer of the new movie, which has a reported $20 million budget.

cant go wrong with Tarantino co writing and producing your joint

May 16, 2002
Yeah, it just sounds like a disaster / straight to dvd movie, BUT! I'll let it go for now.

That's the same mind frame I had when I heard Val Kilmer was playing Jim Morrison in Oliver Stone's: The Doors.

To my surprise Val Kilmer did an superior job & I still feel he should of got some kind of award for that role. One of the best of his career. Had Hollywood embraced him for that role, he'd be more relevant in films today.

We just never know.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Yeah, it just sounds like a disaster / straight to dvd movie, BUT! I'll let it go for now.

That's the same mind frame I had when I heard Val Kilmer was playing Jim Morrison in Oliver Stone's: The Doors.

To my surprise Val Kilmer did an superior job & I still feel he should of got some kind of award for that role. One of the best of his career. Had Hollywood embraced him for that role, he'd be more relevant in films today.

We just never know.
This is more like if Jackie Chan would have played Jim Morrison. lol

Feb 7, 2006
It's H-wwod, big name star more moolah.Kung-fu films, especially the throwback ones appeal to a small dedicated demographic, Russel has the potential to bring in more people.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
i liked the idea that all these partys are involved. i wanna see how this turns out. the worst it could be is boring. if it aint boring then it may have a shot for being good or really bad and corny....which to me is still good