Reggae Rising

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
nah man.

it's not the same as reggae on the river back in the days, but fun nonetheless!

have a good time, Humble Soul & The Original Wailers are reason enough for me to wanna hit this up.
Fuck no it isn't. I went a couple times back in the day, that shit used to be way better it's all too commercialized now or something. It's just not the same.

I remember seeing Danny Glover getting loaded at Reggae on the River that shit was funny, he used to go every year...

drewski.kalonji

Shark Finning & Grinning
May 17, 2002
Murky Bay Waters, CA
Yeah I just got a press pass so my broke ass is mobbing. I've been hitting up the eel river for reggae since 2000. This year's line up is phenomonal. My crew will be posting up a dancehall inside the campground right before the concert bowl at the last main curve of the river. Large mackie speakers and hopefully chino and laden making an appearance on the late night tip. Holla @ broken silence or blessed coast if you can't find it.
if you see a fool cruising around on a orange inflatable kayak with some jungle juice say whats up lol.

drewski.kalonji

Shark Finning & Grinning
May 17, 2002
Murky Bay Waters, CA
@ Shea and Lamburto: yeah it seems like the festi has always been fairly commercial with some negative "frat boy" and "drug addict" overtones. Shit when I first saw the the red bull tent i got super sad lol.

So if your looking for a more real concious vibe with great reggae music check out the 3 day festival sierra nevada world music festival in mendo.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
@ Shea and Lamburto: yeah it seems like the festi has always been fairly commercial with some negative "frat boy" and "drug addict" overtones. Shit when I first saw the the red bull tent i got super sad lol.

So if your looking for a more real concious vibe with great reggae music check out the 3 day festival sierra nevada world music festival in mendo.
Where do they have that festival in Mendo? I'm from up there but I've never been to the Sierra Nevada festival, where's it at? Ukiah?

drewski.kalonji

Shark Finning & Grinning
May 17, 2002
Murky Bay Waters, CA
Where do they have that festival in Mendo? I'm from up there but I've never been to the Sierra Nevada festival, where's it at? Ukiah?
now its officially in boonville CA. Used to have it in marysville (lol), then angels camp in calavaras county, but now boonville is its official home. there website is snwmf.com but the site doesn't do it any justice homie

Dec 9, 2005
Damn, I went twice to Reggae on The River...in 2003 and 2004, got to meet and join in on a session with Leon (dude from Cool Runnings...lol) but it was kinda grimey. LOL