Raiders Slap Franchise Tag on Woodson

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
that doesnt mean he has to stay...all that means if he decides to leave the raiders will recieve compensation from the team that signs him...and if he stays the raiders have to pay him 115% of his last years salary....

Jan 4, 2003
glad c. wood is still a raider but too be paid all this $ he hasent really done nething the last couple of years and you know Al this doesnt mean hes staying on the team he can trade him for maybe 2 picks in the draft but I dont know whats up. I think Al tagged someone a while back and then traded him to KC for some picks.

May 17, 2003
RAS 925 said:
glad c. wood is still a raider but too be paid all this $ he hasent really done nething the last couple of years.
yeah i agree, but the only reason why he hasnt been so productive in the past couple years iz cuz of hiz injuries, he had turf toe almost the whole 2001 season and the 2002 season he had to play(supposeibly) with metal plates in both knees for the superbowl

Jan 4, 2003
cali_gangsta said:
yeah i agree, but the only reason why he hasnt been so productive in the past couple years iz cuz of hiz injuries, he had turf toe almost the whole 2001 season and the 2002 season he had to play(supposeibly) with metal plates in both knees for the superbowl
yeah he did have injuries..I remember in the superbowl with his interception to start the game he wasn't running full speed because of the metal plates.

Jan 4, 2003
dude wtf are you talking about?? C. Wood shut down the best reciever in the game in this SH!TTY season and who was that?? RANDY MOSS what did Moss get in that game I beleive it was 24 yrds the whole damn game yes the Same Moss that SHITTED on the 49ers all day LONG! And Do you know that night when Brett Favre was on fire??? Guess what He didn't throw C. Woods way 1 single time he even said he respected charles and knew if he had thrown his way Charles would have stopped them. So what in the fuck are you talking abut mr .dubb

Apr 25, 2002
he had a good game against Moss.............what about the other 15?

we beat that ass twice by throwin right at your all star an he couldnt stop shit

Apr 25, 2002
week 1- Tennessee - Desmond Mason 10-99 an 1td

week 2- Cincinatti - Chad Johnson 8-131, Peter Warrick 8-109 an 1td

week 3- Denver - Ashlie Lillie 3-108 an 1td..........all 3 catches agaisnt woodson

week 4- San Diego- no real numbers against

week 5- Chicago - Marty Booker 4-94 1td

week 6- Cleveland - no real numbers against

week 7- Kansas City - no real numbers against

week 9- Detroit - no real numbers against

week 10- New York Jets- Santana Moss 1-146 an 1td

week 11- Minnesota-Randy Moss 4-25, Kelly Campbell 4-115 an 1td...............an this is the game yall is braggin about????? you lost 28-18

week 12- Kansas City- no real big numbers against, Preist had 100 but that wouldnt fall on Woodson

week 13- Denver - no big numbers here either, except Portis ran 34 times...so not that many passes were thrown.....an oh yea, you lost

week 14- Pittsburg- Hines Ward 4-67

week 15- Baltimore - Travis Taylor 3-62

week 16- Green Bay - Javon Walker 4-124 2tds, Robert Furguson 3-85, Donald Driver 3-78............an Favre did not shy away from Woodson, he torched EVERYONE that monday night

week 17- San Diego - David Boston 4-43 1td

in Woodsons first 2 years, he was great........29 pass defended

but in the last three years he has had 17........with a whole 5 commin in 2003

face it, dude aint what he use to be........I wanna show ya one more thang.....you said he shut down the best reciever in the nfl this year....Moss, what about when he played San Fransico last year????? you forget about that? lemme refresh ya..........Owens 12 catches for 191 yards............all against Woodson

Jan 4, 2003
yo dawg you aint gettin it straight man the vikes lost they didnt win 28-18 they lost that game..But 4realz I aint trippin off of this past season cuz of the shit about the coach and shit that players didnt want to paly for him anda ll that bul lshit im just sayin this fool is good

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
here's what the experts think of Woodson....

taken from ESPN Insider....
Once thought by some to be the leagues top cornerback, Woodson was an enigma in 2003. He has the size, speed and athleticism to shut down elite receivers. Had been a lockdown guy in man-to-man coverage when healthy. Still has burst out of his backpedal, takes good angles, and has very fluid hips. A really good turn-and-run corner. Tracks the ball in the air very well. Has been an effective blitzer at times, though he is being used less in that role. Has a knack for stripping the ball. Mental lapses sink him. Lets receivers run by him, doesnt consistently recover, and gambles on the big play. Seems to play up or down to the level of competition. Technique gets sloppy. Bites on routes. Jumps some underneath routes, but also puts himself in tough spots. Vulnerable to double moves by good receivers. Something is missing. Some Raiders officials would prefer him at safety, where he wouldnt have to hold up on an island. Makes fewer and fewer spectacular plays. Woodson is a talent, but he simply gets beat too often and makes too many mistakes to be considered among the elite.