Raider's Offseason Makeover

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 18, 2004
The O-Line is fukked. Our Kicker is hungover. We have a solid backup (Aaron Brooks)playing starter w/2 schmucks behind him. We have 3 (Curry, Whitted, and Madsen)salvagable recievers. 1 Tight end and a couple more schmucks. Good fullbacks. No RB. A good return guy. A hall of fame PUNTER. And finally a D-Fence that could maybe use a couple of late round pick but otherwise is fearsome! What do we do?

Apr 25, 2002
Trade Moss & Porter for draft picks
Find a real offensive coordinator
Draft Adrian Peterson
Grab some solid O-lineman in free agency(C, G, and T)
Draft or sign a run stopping DT, blocking FB, blocking TE

Jan 4, 2003
hitthegas said:
Jano was hurt all week besides that i think he is consistent.
agreed Jano has been good for us this season even had a big 55-56 yder... He played the game after missing pracatices with back problems.. So I don't think we needa worry about a kicker rite now...

We needa build a solid oline.. and get WRs that want to play here or use what we got Curry, Whitted, Morant

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
we pretty much have the best kicking game in the nfl....today's sebass was a fluke.....

O-line! O-line! O-line!

if we trade moss & porter for some PROVEN offensive linemen and/or a better running back than jordan, and put in a good offensive coordinator IMO we'll be good.....at least ready to compete in our division....drafting a good QB (cut tui) will be good for the long run, if not sticking with walter and having someone work with him to advance him, although I like Aaron Brooks, but tahts just me.....or make a move for Vick!

Dec 30, 2003
i really think brooks can do it iono i just have faith i guess.... but fargas should stay hes got a lotta heart.. hes still young so mistakes will happen....

moss can go to hell i dont care.......
porter i would rather stay but i dont think thats gonna happen

O-LINE bigtime needs work.........

so iono ........... just gotta wait and see wtf happens

Jan 4, 2003
SLRider510 said:
i really think brooks can do it iono i just have faith i guess.... but fargas should stay hes got a lotta heart.. hes still young so mistakes will happen....

moss can go to hell i dont care.......
porter i would rather stay but i dont think thats gonna happen

O-LINE bigtime needs work.........

so iono ........... just gotta wait and see wtf happens
I as well think Brooks can still work for this team..... So I see no point in gettin a new QB.... We work with Brooks once we get a complete offense and if that fails we got the future of the Raiders in Andrew Walter.. Walter can get it done behind a solid oline and WRs that don't drop too many passes

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
^I agree with y'all. If we want to win next season I would say stick with Brooks one more year to see what he can do that way we won't have to worry about drafting a Qb and starting all over.

Art Shell needs to get his o-line problems fixed first. When he came he re-shuffled damn near the whole line. Next he needs to trade Moss for a first rounder and then draft a receiver in the first round of next years draft. A speedy receiver with height that can catch. Next I would draft the best running back available too. That way we could have a new running back fresh out of college and a new receiver fresh out of college. And then I would sign an offensive lineman or two (free agent veterans) and then hire someone that has a creative offensive mind.

The defense is cool.

May 3, 2002
I think the raiders should draft a qb (brady quinn).............. I heard somewhere that Vick wants to play in Oakland but I don't know how true that is

Jan 4, 2003
killahoe666 said:
I think the raiders should draft a qb (brady quinn).............. I heard somewhere that Vick wants to play in Oakland but I don't know how true that is
I aint really buyin into the whole Vick thing..... I mean we basically can have our own Vick in Aaron Brooks if we can get the Oline together.. Yah Vick may still be better but is it really worth it in the long run with the salaray and all that

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
If we can get the o-line together and a running back we could still work with Brooks. Since the Raiders maybe picking in the top 5, they should draft the best back available and then sign some free agent offensive linemen in the offseason. That way our rookie running back will have some lanes to run through. We need some veterans on the o-line and move Gallery to guard so he's not on an island against speedy pass rushers.

ESCOBAR 92113

BARRIO LOGAN
Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
DO NOT DRAFT O-LINE (SEE ROBERT GALLERY) YOU CAN FIND GOOD SOLID VETERANS AND PIECE A DECENT O LINE TOGETHER......KEEP BROOKS, GET RID OF MOSS,PORTER. DRAFT A RUNNING BACK, ANY STUDS IN COLLEGE RIGHT NOW? THE RAIDERS SEEM TO BE CLOSER THAN I ORIGINALLY THOUGHT. OH AND THE D COORDINATOR SHOULD BE THE HEAD COACH

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
^I agree with everything you said!! 100%. That's pretty good coming from a Chargers fan. I can respect that. So since he showed us respect I am going to pull for the Chargers in the playoffs since we're in the same division. We couldn't get to the playoffs, so hopefully yall will do damage and represent the AFC West.

Jan 18, 2006
FINALLY SOME RESPECTABLE CONVERSATION, THAT SHIT TALKING GETS OLD WHEN ITS THE SAME THING EVERY WEEK, IF THE RAIDERS GET VICK THEY WILL GO TO THE SUPERBOWL BUT I DONT SEE THAT HAPPENING, HOPEFULLY PORTER GETS ON SHELLS GOOD SIDE BY THE START OF NEXT YEAR BUT PROBABLY NOT, MOSS CAN STILL BE A FACTOR BUT I DONT THINK HE WILL BE WITH US NEXT YEAR, OVERALL IF THEY GET A BETTER O-LINE WE WILL BE IN GOOD SHAPE NEXT YEAR

Feb 1, 2006
I would love to see the Radiers draft Adrian Petersen out of Oklahoma with their first round pick. Dude is a beast and can handle 25-30 carries a game, and gets stronger as the game goes on.... on the O-Line, I agree with with folks have already said get free agent O-Line through free agency -- or trade draft picks for vets. Look how much better Minnesota got at running the ball by signing one good guard, Hutchinson, away from the Seahawks. Who knows, after a few years some of our young O-Linemen starting now might develop into adequate starters.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
RAS 925 said:
I aint really buyin into the whole Vick thing..... I mean we basically can have our own Vick in Aaron Brooks if we can get the Oline together.. Yah Vick may still be better but is it really worth it in the long run with the salaray and all that

I hope you were joking or drunk when you made that comment........