QUESTIONS???????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 10, 2006
[Its dead in here so Im just tryin to throw a few things at yall for conversation sake.........

1st...Question......How many of yall actually go out there to these events and shows and pay your hard earned money to go supprtyou NW Artists????????? Just wonderin cuzz A while ago I know alot of the dudes on here was really involved wit the scene around here but.......Now its alot of folks on here i never met or seen a a show....Matter Of Fact when was the Last rap Show You went to that was strictly a local event or at least went in support of one individual that was reppin your spot......

2nd...Question...Since the Blue Scholars are pretty much the biggest thing going right now in Seattle(IF U PAY ATTENTION U KNOW IM RIGHT) as far as media coverage....reviews printed in magazines...local buzz...and then signing & Releasing a Nationaly distributed album under Rawkus...I Just want to know how many people in this room fuck wit them.....and how many never heard a single thing from them B4.......

Basically what yall think of em and why.....Myself I heard a couple of their joints the beats was cool rhymes was ok nothing eyebrow raising .....kinda of the more concious rap/which i aint knockin..... in all their solid.... just not that agressive MCin that i like......Main reason im asking is.... I think that they(Blue Scholars) represent an element in the Seattle Rap/Hip-Hop Scene which i feel does'nt really have any voice in this forum.....Why Yall think that is???????....

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
This element of Seattle Hip-Hop doesn't really fit in the Siccness, unfortunately. I love the Blue Scholors, I definitely fuck with them and I'm glad to see their doing big... I don't feel compelled to talk much about them here though, because they're far from most of the music that gets posted here. I try to be a Northwest Supporter... I was a much bigger supporter a year or so ago... now a days, it's just not doing it for me like it used to.

Blue Scholors are great, Geologic and Sabzi are two very cool dudes and I love that they're blowing up... our city needs attention.

Funny thing, Sabzi of Blue Scholors, Blake Lewis from American Idol and Neema of Unexpected Arrival all went to the same High School together. Must have been something in the chicken tenders.

Apr 10, 2006
Good Shit Fridge......I know How u get down i seen u at many shows pimp.....I Do C what u sayin...But IMO....They should b spoke on in here....They trying to put us(Seattle) back on the map the same as all the rest of the artists who post in here or Make Music In the NW....Maybe some of these siccness NW folks may find out a lil bit more bout the diversity of what we got goin on here....

Interesting point you make bout them all goin to the same school!!! Good shit

Feb 1, 2006
I go to hellllla shows all the time in Portland when I'm in town, I was at the last Bosko show and Nutz' birthday partay, and I dj local music at strip clubs and dive bars from time to time when i'm pinch-hitting for some of the djs in a collective i'm cool with, so there, lol.

Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about them. Lifesavas is sick too, but that underground hippity-hop music has its own internet forums, and this is a GANGSTA (BLOW! BLOW!) forum, so there's yer answer.

Apr 10, 2006
I think Sometimes it just looks a lil ridiculous in here naybe thats why more artist dont post on here....Sometimes i come in here and look at some these posts and the topics..and its just Like What the Fuck is goin on.....I never seen so many people caught up in provin that their area is the most thuggish.... LET ALONE ON the INTERNET in a FORUM DEDICATED TO LOCAL RAP MUSIC.....
Plus you got folks in here runnin they mouth bout things thay should'nt be(peoples criminal records, personal business,....faulty unprovable accusations,,ETC..ETC..I myself took a long break from the siccness based on some these things....Sometimes I look at the forum and dont even want to bother looking like an idiot....Maybe some others feel the sam way.......
at the same time i picked a few things from here too tho.......

Apr 10, 2006
Sketchy----- I feel U too....But this forum is Is for all NW artists'.... if you fall under that category you are relevant to whats being discussed and should be included...LIfesavas is another group that seems to go unmentioned in here....I aint no gangster...my music has been discussed in here..some folks even like it......I do feel you tho...Its not what is popular in here...but its RELEVANT...Everybody needs to be included...Especially if some of yall is really feelin some of these cats....Let us know bout em.....

Feb 1, 2006
CEEOHELAY said:
Sketchy----- I feel U too....But this forum is Is for all NW artists'.... if you fall under that category you are relevant to whats being discussed and should be included...LIfesavas is another group that seems to go unmentioned in here....I aint no gangster...my music has been discussed in here..some folks even like it......I do feel you tho...Its not what is popular in here...but its RELEVANT...Everybody needs to be included...Especially if some of yall is really feelin some of these cats....Let us know bout em.....
Oh yeah, you're right, I dont think that the NW scene is big enough to be dividing everyone up into subcategories either -- and you'll see me at a Hungry Mob show or any of Mic Crenshaw's shows, he's one of the tightest in P-town, and same with Siren's Echo, for sure they are some of the best around and dont get nearly enough shine. But I think part of it is that the yuppie weekly newspapers will give those acts a lil' ink because they're less 'threatening' than some of the other underground acts that get discussed on here.

But Cool Nutz and Coleone broke into the Oregonian Arts and Entertainment pages so maybe thats changing!

But I'm still new here, and I'm not trying to change the character of the forums or anything, if shit gets brung up, like the new lifesavas album, I'll throw in my two cents, but thats it.

Feb 21, 2003
www.myspace.com
CEEOHELAY said:
[Its dead in here so Im just tryin to throw a few things at yall for conversation sake.........

1st...Question......How many of yall actually go out there to these events and shows and pay your hard earned money to go supprtyou NW Artists????????? Just wonderin cuzz A while ago I know alot of the dudes on here was really involved wit the scene around here but.......Now its alot of folks on here i never met or seen a a show....Matter Of Fact when was the Last rap Show You went to that was strictly a local event or at least went in support of one individual that was reppin your spot......
I used to go to alot of events but as of lately I haven't gone out to many shows. The last local hip hop show I went to was at Outlaws here in the town back in December, other than that I been checking out the live music as of late. One of the best live shows I've seen this year was Snoops Uncle Reo at the Candlelight Room.

CEEOHELAY said:
2nd...Question...Since the Blue Scholars are pretty much the biggest thing going right now in Seattle(IF U PAY ATTENTION U KNOW IM RIGHT) as far as media coverage....reviews printed in magazines...local buzz...and then signing & Releasing a Nationaly distributed album under Rawkus...I Just want to know how many people in this room fuck wit them.....and how many never heard a single thing from them B4.......
The few tracks I've heard from the Blue Scholars are good. The attention they gettin is real good for the NW as is the Lifesavas & recently Bosko in the Source as well as Cool Nutz & Luni Coleone.

CEEOHELAY said:
Basically what yall think of em and why.....Myself I heard a couple of their joints the beats was cool rhymes was ok nothing eyebrow raising .....kinda of the more concious rap/which i aint knockin..... in all their solid.... just not that agressive MCin that i like......Main reason im asking is.... I think that they(Blue Scholars) represent an element in the Seattle Rap/Hip-Hop Scene which i feel does'nt really have any voice in this forum.....Why Yall think that is???????....
The music I listen to that is like that as Sketchy B is the Lifesavas, Fabulous Satudays, Ol'Dominion, The Sandpeople, MyG, Pete Miser, the list can go on. I try to Support this PO movement as well as the NW movement when I see a NW CD I pick it up even if it is a gamble.