questions about fruityloops/reason

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

EAT

May 14, 2002
any help would be greatly appreciated.

1.I'm trying to get a certain effect with fruityloops or reason. if your beat was on vinyl or tape and you physically slowed it down, the pitch would lower as well as the tempo of the whole track. in fruityloops I can only slow the tempo down, withought affecting the pitch. any help?? I want it to sound like if your boombox's batteries were low and the song just slowed down a bit.

2. Does anyone know if you can write out a beat on fruityloops and then import it into reason? i think the drum machine in reason sucks compared to the piano roll in fruityloops for complex beats. it seems like you can't "map out" your composition in reason like you can in fruityloops...

3. what are the advantages of reason over fruityloops? I haven't gotten around to learning reason yet, but i've used fruityloops for a couple years.

Thanks for your input folks. and remember, you cant spell failure without URA

May 2, 2002
When you lower the pitch in FL, the tempo is slowed down too...

If you're talking about where you'd like it to gradually slow down and go down in pitch at the same time, you might want to try reason, you can load up your sample in the sampler and set the mod wheel to however many steps you'd like the range at, then play it and record yourself moving your mod wheel down. Or you could just draw in the automation in the sequencer window (if you don't have a midi controller, or you want to get it more exact)

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
there is nothing fruity loops does that reason doesnt, definitely head on to reason if you have a good grasp of fruity loops