Question for those that work out

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2002
what do you eat for protein? After I work out I usually go home and drink like 2 cups of 2% milk. It's high in protein but are there any other good things to eat? Tuna is low in fat and high in protein but it doesn't go down as easy as milk...

May 2, 2002
After I work out I usually go home and drink like 2 cups of 2% milk.
lol...you got a lot of reading to do my friend.

If you are gonna work out, and then drink 2 cups of milk...you shouldn't even bother going to the gym. You're just wasting your time.....

May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
yeah specially if you gonna plan on getting cut.

HERES MY RECOMENDATION:
During your workout drink a weight gainer or a whey protein powder (either one, but mixed in water) and when you get done and home, which should be within an hour at the latest from your hard workout, eat something with a lot of complex carbs, some fiber (to slow down the digestion) a bit of simple carbs (like maybe 8oz. of O.J.) 4 grams of good fats (settle for a serving or 2 of olive oil or flax seed oil if you dont have good fat pills) and then 35-60 grams of protein from REAL FOOD not supps.

After Leg day, Deadlift day, and Chest day i eat:
1 cup Orange juice or Prune Juice
6 slices of multi grain bread
1 cornish hen
2 servings of fiber-y vegetables.
1 litre of water
EQUALS: 65 grams protein/ 130 (avg.) Carbs depending on vegetable and juice choices. SUBTRACT YOUR FIBER INTAKE FROM YOUR TOTAL CARB INTAKES!!!

After any other workout day (Ex: Bi's)
1 cup juice
4 slices multi grain bread
6oz. turkey burger
1 litre of water
EQUALS 30protein/60carb-80carb depending on choices
^^THEN REPEAT AN HOUR AND A HALF LATER.

I have many meals, but those are two common meals.

IF YOU WANT TO GET BIG,,,,,,, MAKE A LOT OF HEALTHY MEALS ON ONE DAY OF THE WEEK TO LAST YOU FOR AT LEAST 5 DAYS AND SAVE THEM IN EASY TO REMEMBER AND EASY TO REHEAT PACKAGES. You will not want to waste so much time everyday measuring food. Do it all at once, and learn how much you need to eat to gain your goals.

May 12, 2002
thanks for posting that up blight... what do you mean by "subtract your fiber intake from your carb intake"?

i gotta rethink my whole working out schedule because it's probably pretty ineffective right now. I work from 5-9 and usually go to the gym after that for about an hour. So I get home at around 1030 and go to sleep about an hour after that. But since I go to sleep after working out and I also need to eat something I would be digesting the whole meal and not burning off anything, or do I want to digest the whole meal?

I want to get big but also achieve some definition. I'm pretty sure I got a great 6 pack, its just hidden under a layer of fat :cool: ... how can I lose that fat and get big at the same time?

also what type of whey protein do you recommend and what's a cheap source for it?

May 2, 2002
bangvan...Check out this site. It will answer alot of the questions that you have about working out and having a proper diet.

http://www.t-mag.com/

If you want to gain alot of muscle, you're gonna get some fat along with it. You need to eat alot of food too...5-6 times a day.

People seem to forget that your diet is the most important part of working out. If you are not eating right, all that lifting is for nothing.

When you're happy with your muscle gain, go on a diet and lose the fat.

But you can't lose weight and gain weight at the same time.....

May 12, 2002
thanks gimpy.. i checked out that site but it seemed like they were trying to sell some supplement shit... but I did see a lot of work out routines that i might try to follow, but i didnt find many good answers to my basic questions

do you got any other sites about this shit?

Apr 25, 2002
i just started lifting again...i never got into studying what type of foods i should eat and when they shoudl be eaten....but heres whats worked for me...

breakfast usually consists of either a large bowl of somewhat healthy cereal or a couple packets of oatmeal with a tad of milk and raisens mixed in. after that i eat a thing of yogurt. then i try to have some sort of fruit, like an apple, orange, banana, etc. also a small cup of 100% juice, and a glass or 2 of waterthroughout the courses of breakfast i take 8 different vitamins/supplements. a Centrum multi vitamin, a calcium/zinc/magneseum pill, a fish oil pill (for the poly-unsaturated fat=good stuff...your breathe might taste like fish for a whiel after you eat it tho), co-enzyme Q10, chromium picolinate, MSM, glucosamine, and i forget the name of the other one, lol.

some snacks in between breakfast and lunch, but i try to keep it as healthy as i can

lunch usually consists of a couple sandwhiches, usually either tuna or turkey, with mayo (and relish for tuna), soem lettuce, and soem tomato. ill also have some water, juice, and some fruit. maybe a string cheese as well, or some other sort of snack

then i usually workout right before dinner, and drink a shitload of water during the workout. right after my workout, i drink soem whey protien (with about 22 grams of protien in the serving) mixed with milk. then its dinner time, and i usually eat TV dinners, but i go for shit like chicken, turkey, fish, etc. as much protien as i can, some veggies like corn, green beans, maybe a salad, some potatoes, maybe another fruit of some kind, and if i continue to be hungry afetr this, ill have some "chunky" soup like split pea n ham, somethin with a decent amount of protien, or just eat a bunch of small protien filled smacks till i pass out...

i dont know if im fucking up with my diet, but it seems to treat me good, lol....what do you think blight? you seem to be the pimp master when it coems to physical fitness

Apr 25, 2002
BTW, im only about 5'9"-10", 160-165lbs...so tell me if you think im eating too much or too little. i used to lift all the time back when i was 15/16, and i was only about 150lbs then, but got up to benching 210 from 140 in about 3 monthes....i was also eatin about 170 grams of whey protien a day, lol

S

SHOHEI BABA

look - first get in SHAPE, then put on bulk - i'm not saying you, but most people are fat lazy pieces of horse shit that think drinking protein shakes and bench pressing (putting muscle on top of the fat they have) will help them be buff.

get to the point where you can do sets of 50 pushups every 3 minutes until you reach 500 in a complete set - and run 3 miles a day - at that point your body is IN SHAPE and you can now start shaping the muscle and building

don't be cartman

May 2, 2002
DeluzioN...I'm not Blight, but I'll see if I can help a little.

You seem to be eating relatively healthy, but your diet should reflect what you are trying to accomplish.

Are you trying to stay thin and cut, or are you trying to put on some mass?

Based on your diet above, I'm assuming you are trying to stay thin and cut cause you seem to be taking in alot of Protein, and not too many Carbs.

i never got into studying what type of foods i should eat and when they shoudl be eaten.
If you want to stay thin and cut, stick with the low carbs. If you want to put on mass, start eating alot more carbs. Either way you need to eat every 3 hours or so.

im only about 5'9"-10", 160-165lbs...so tell me if you think im eating too much or too little.
It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you have been trying to put on some mass, been working out for some time, and you have stayed about the same size...you are eating too little.

If you want to grow, eat, eat, and eat some more. Every 3 hours...

Check out the site I posted above...it should help you alot.....

May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
Nah, he (DLuzion) is gettin a shit load of carbs. And about 135estimated protein grams. I weigh 216 and eat at least 250grams on a workout day, sometimes like 280. During a off day of rest or an off day of light workout, i get at least 200. For cardio day i try and get 215-250. At least 80 grams is from protein powder mixed with water.

I think to gain a lot of mass you need at least 1 gram for your total body weight. No subtracting your skeleton or bones. Just 1 to 1. If you want to try more do like 1.25 or 1.5. Save anything over that for the roiders.

That website is good that you posted. I also belong to Muscle Magazine dot Com My name is Blight there too. I dont join if my name isnt Blight.

Right now im sitting in a computer lab eating 9grain bread. I got a loaf in my bag along with a litre of water, 2 servings of protein powder and my weight gainer in containers to mix as the day goes on. If you want to get big, like i mean for real where youre gonna be seperated form the average people in your gym, you need to keep shit with you. Shit, i take protein bars almost anywhere. I eat em during meetings and shit, lol.

When i went to the 91siccness BBQ i took a backpack with over 40 protein bars to last me for 8 days.

REMEMBER: Calories make you and break you. You can watch your carbs to get cut all you want, but if you dont cut out unnescesary calories, your just making it harder.

Try to write down your complete diet for a week. Try to eat basically the same the next week. Then try to cut out the bad stuff and fill it with good stuff to eat, with. LAter on, you can learn to keep track of this all in your head cause i wrote down everything i ate for 4 months and by then you can remember servings and how much protein, calories, carbs, fat is in each one.

Think ahead. Like 14 salads can actually be a pound of fat if you use enough dressing. Cut down on the bad stuff and youll eventually cut weight. As long as you are working out and resing and recovering enough it will make it just faster and better.

May 2, 2002
Nah, he (DLuzion) is gettin a shit load of carbs.
I meant like rice, pasta, etc...stuff that will really pack on the weight.

I agree that you should always be carrying something with you.

You eat 10 times a day Blight? Are these full meals or are you counting your protein bar as a meal.

6 meals is plenty enough for me.....

Meals at

6:00am
9:00am
12:00pm
3:00pm
6:00 (or right after the gym on workout days)
9:00pm

And maybe a little something before bed.....

May 5, 2002
you want to know how to diet to get big-eat alot of mexican food homeboy carne,potatoes,rice, and beans. you ain't got to measure either just eat alot.

for your six pack you gotta run holmes at least 2-3 miles every other day working for me right now got a four pack bottom two are a bitch.

May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
^^^ That much and type of cardio is too much.

You dont want to work over a tempo that is too hard. Just work enough to be able to keep a conversation. Its not important to sweat to be effective. Besides youre gona burn off all those precious calories by running so much, and youre gonna kill your knees one day because when you get heavy its just gonna grind your knees into shit.

I suggest if youre tryna go all out tho like youd be running, try swimming instead, or run in water, or use an eliptical machine.

BENCH
DEADLIFT
SQUAT
and all the other stuff should come later. Space it out, get enough rest. Its mainly eating tho, as long as you work hard enough and proper. And you gotta measure that stuff. You can eat all the mexican food at once and GET FAT . You want to measure it so you keep off fat, by minimizing your meals over 500 calories, thats why i eat like 10 times a day. (counting my protein shake meals)

Apr 25, 2002
I did the Atkins diet for a while
basically it went:

protein shake for breakfast
fruit
chicken for lunch
workout
protein shake or bar
steak for dinner

only about 50 carbs a day...then one day a week you carbload and eat like pasta cereal all carbs and it replenishes your body supply and goes out the other end pretty fast.
Anyways, I dropped a good 20 lbs. of fat and got cut up real quick. Then I gained probly about 10 in muscle.

Its a great thing to do but its dangerous. You can only do it for a few months though and if you dont drink enough water you can get kidney stones the size of a baseball and die.
So yea, great idea if your lookin to drop some fat and build up again. needless to say I dont do it anymore though.