Question for the rappers/producers on here..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 26, 2007
www.myspace.com
I know this might be on the wrong part of the forum but im talkin directly towars rappers in socal...i was wonderin what mics yall be using or a suggestion for a good mic yall have used before, im gettin new equipment next week but im not sure which mic is good, im thinkin bout the mxl 9000 but not sure yet

any suggestions

Dec 5, 2007
im on a neumann right now and its ill.. but i started on a lil $250 dollar groove tubes mic and it was tight (i think a GT66). you just gotta do some research on whatever mics is in your price range homie. also, know that you can talk them niggaz way way down at guitar center. dont never buy shit there for the displayed price. the mark up is ridiculous.. like a car.. spend some time before you buy. might even wanna call up some studios and ask them what they use and why...they usually wont mind choppin it up with you. thats what studio geeks live for...

also know that the pre amp you use makes a difference too. you can use a nice mic and a bullshit pre amp or a nice pre amp and a whatever ass mic and it will be about the same (pretty good)... if you can afford to swing a neumann mic and a cool pre like the avalon or same caliber... you can fart on the mic and sound good