Question For Artist.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 20, 2003
to be honest bro i belive it helps and hinders at the same time. i personally have had quite a few people buy the album off me directly after they saw a few tracks off youtube.but it hurts also in lost sales. i hope if the project is strong enough it really wont matter.i will say this though once the albums stop selling due to bootlegging i will stop putting out music period. im greatfull that i can still turn a profit off each project i release so i can continue making music.i thank everyone that has supported evilside records.we do this for you.and please buy the strangulstion pt 5 double disc.you wont be dissipointed.everybody on the album came with heat....

Oct 20, 2003
I REALLY DONT LIKE IT, BECAUSE PEOPLE START STEALING IT OFF THE GATES. IT SUCKS TO SEE MONTHS OF HARD WORK TO GET SNATCHED IN THE CLICK OF A MOUSE, BUT THEN AGAIN, IF IT'S NOT THEM PUTTIN IT UP, IT WILL BE SOME ONE ELSE DOIN IT. I ALSO LOOK AT IT AS, AT THE SAME TIME I APPRECIATE SOME ONE WANTING TO STEAL IT AND BUMP IT BECAUSE I SEE A SHIT LOAD OF ARTIST THAT CANT EVEN GIVE THEIR MUSIC AWAY FOR PEOPLE TO BUMP. MAKES ME GREATFUL.

Jun 20, 2007
WWW.HOMEBOYRAP.COM
all i know is that if 831valleyrida and I ever meet, we're gettin busy. dude not only posted up my dvd but applied for the "pay per click" method on youtube. so he besically uploaded it and gets paid for it.

Jun 20, 2007
WWW.HOMEBOYRAP.COM
Hella scandolous bro. Dudes a sucka in my book. Tryna be a homie but stealing from a homie and not having the balls to put his own hand in my pocket to steal my cash. And when i sent him a message to remove it he blew me off. yea, we're fighting if we ever see eachother

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
somebody should invent a new type of file like mp3 that plays in the car like a mp3 but installed in the files programing a hidden virus that only activates when the file is shared on sites that alow free download of the music like Mp3 converter, fileshare, etc. and not only negates the upload to the net but installs a virus to the person who was trying to give out the songs for free a computer virus that permantely destroys their computers hard drive and erases everything from their computer. that be Sweet! lol

Apr 24, 2011
Ive come to the conclusion of .... a fan will buy ur project no matter what a sukka that downloads music will figure out how to.do it no matter what califasrider taken stuff down for me right away if asked i appreciate him for the promo but if they makin money off you and you arnt getting your cut fuck that nigga funk on sight gotta embrace the new age and figure out how to make it work for u

May 10, 2004
not an artist but ill admit ive downloaded shit(not a whole lot just if it aint out mostly) but 99% time ive bought it after. the more it slaps and i listen to it makes me wanna get my hands on a hard copy. only thing that really puts me off on buyin it is its oop, no way to get a hold of it, hot garbage, or the artist comes off as bitch. youtube can help a lot for promotion or to get out there for example red rag ent. i never heard em but hit up milo for a copy right after hearin it on there. also gives the listener a chance to listen to it before they buy it. nothin worse then spendin $15 on a cd thats got 1-2 good tracks and its gonna sit on a shelf collectin dust

Jun 1, 2004
as a fan i appreciate being able to put youtube on in the front room bump music while doin shit. especially with artists who have no way of gettin themselves out there. for example i like carillos music unfortunately the HOMEBOY is no longer with us and i do not think he ever put an album out as well as peoples martinez, these are reasons i appreciate youtube. Pero Artists who have a solid program like tone N other cats who been makin actual quality albums, where it shows in production not just content then permission should always be asked in regards to their projects.

I have to agree that there is good and bad in it.. A good point was made.. A real fan will support anyway.. But I to have found purchase album here links of my music that had nothing to do with me. Its a mess so its hard to pin point if its truely better.

Reck- that kind of software exists. I wrote a program myself that will only play a mp3 once and not again when I was still in school.. But they will always find ways around things..

May 10, 2004
like homie said above, its nice to have it runnin in the background while doin stuff. almost like a custom radio station. i was gonna wait til see what happens with court before orderin sav it out 4 but after hearin it more than likely ill pull the trigger friday