Question about fruity loops

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2004
Is it just me or does fruity only let you make 4 bar beats. Like for exanple on a triton keyboard or any keyboard for that matter, you have the option in the sequencer to make a 4, 8, 0r 16 bar beat before it loops again. In fruity loop if you set the step sequencer at 16 it's really only 4 bars and the reason being is because I chopped a nice 8 bar sample in acid pro and I exported it into Fruity to build the beat around. WHen I played the sample back only the first 4 bars would play back. I even increased the step sequencer up to 32 but still I only get the 4 bars playing back. It's like the 8 bars was to big for the sequencer. Anyone know how to mess with fruitys timing in the sequencer so that you can make a beat thats 8 bars or 16 or whatever you want? I'm either doin somethin foolishly wrong or fruity is limited to a 4 bar beat.....Thanks

May 10, 2004
Bigchill I appreciate that thanks! I'm gonna go try that now....

But is there any way at making the whole sequencer record up to 8 bars instead making the sample fit into 4 bars???? Am I explainen the problem right to you guys?

May 10, 2004
Al Boo Boo said:
did you go to the little box at the top left corner of the step sequencer and set it to 8 bars?

yep....set it to 8 and even up to 16. And yea it's a wav sample. In acid pro it was an 8bar sample.....so like I said I export it and load it in fruity in the step sequencer...I went up to 16 at a tempo of like 92 and it only got up to four bars and then it looped because thats all I was able to fit in the sequencer. It's a trip and I always new fruity's timing was a little bit different then most sequencers...now there are two ways I could make this work split the sample onto 2 tracks and then take care of it when I arrange or really slow the tempo down..but I was just wondering if there was a way to get the step sequencer to loop at 8 bars..I swear it sounds like it only goes up to four...I'm tryen to figure this shit out but thanks everyone for your help...