Q Strange - RETURN TO STRANGELAND, Tech diss

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
I'm a Q fan, and I'll listen to this track when I'm on a comp, but LMAO @ all the comments on Q's Facebook being on some "I love Tech's music but yo that shit was hard!" and "You're coming back for the crown" and "This 1 song was better than Tech's last 3 albums." Q himself is downplaying it, stating he is a Tech fan, and yep made a Dee Snider comment as well.

What is with everybody thinking Tech's a biter? Necro~The Sexorcist? Ill Bill~Cult Leader? Q Strange~Strangeland? Yet no one wants to pay $ to actually copywrite a name or phrase huh?

Aug 31, 2005
this was a lot better then i expected, and yeah it's a lot of bitter jealousy but a lot of that was true even if most here won't acknowledge it. Tech is now a mainstream shadow of himself that doesn't have the drive or "hunger" in his lyrics, concepts, or execution. It isnt just Tech either, same could be said of Kutt and Kaliko as well

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
Q Strange. . . LMAO

This fucking guy got a deal with ICP and COULDN'T KEEP IT.

What does it take to lose a deal with Psychopathic?

I bet this faggot didn't give Dee Snider props.

I remember when this went down. He didn't get a deal with Psy though, he was going to be on the newly formed "Majik Records", with Twizid as they split from Psy... but, they ended up resigning.

I'm a pretty big fan of Q's older material "Creation To ExeQtion", "Strangland", ect, but this is obviously to get more plays and exposure. I thought the song was pretty good though. Some nice punch-lines here, and there... Good personals, and multi's. A lot of people don't like his voice, and material, but I've always liked his word-play, and story-telling.

This might sound a little crazy to some, but I think Q-Strange would win in the battle (if it were to happen, lol). Tech N9ne is obviously the better emcee, skill-wise and with flow... but, he's not really a battle rapper.

Sep 30, 2002
this was a lot better then i expected, and yeah it's a lot of bitter jealousy but a lot of that was true even if most here won't acknowledge it. Tech is now a mainstream shadow of himself that doesn't have the drive or "hunger" in his lyrics, concepts, or execution. It isnt just Tech either, same could be said of Kutt and Kaliko as well
I am sorry but you lost me on this shit. Say what you want but take your favorite Tech song or album regardless of how dope it is and just imagine for a minute that he duplicated the same "hunger" delivery, flow etc. Over 15+ year career and see how boring that shit would be. THIS DUDE Q STRANGE IS STILL "HUNGRY" BECAUSE NO ONE PAYS HIM FOR HIS MUSIC. and if doing 200+ shows a year, 2 albums, EP's, only taking about 30 days "off" to really enjoy his money, doing features for his label mates, and other artists, all while playing a more active role than most of you know in the day to day operations of Strange Music isn't hungry please tell me what is?

Dec 14, 2005
No bullshit... I see no loss in hunger from Tech.. WTSL is fuckin bomb..

"A mainstream shadow of himself"? Hahaha you act like dude is on commercials selling sneakers or something.. If I remember correctly, dude was on a BET cypher and was rapping backwards and shit.. or atleast making it sound backwards, which was cool.

His lyrical ability has clearly not left him, I point you in the direction of "Stars" "Who Do I Catch" and "Unfair".. shit the whole album... straight Tech N9ne shit through and through

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I remember when this went down. He didn't get a deal with Psy though, he was going to be on the newly formed "Majik Records", with Twizid as they split from Psy... but, they ended up resigning.
That's when Tom Dub wouldn't fork over the shares of the new label to ICP, so they blackballed the whole project.

Twiztid was on their way out at that point, unhappy about how they were being "treated" at the time.

There was more to it, though. I just didn't remember Q going toward that label. I could have sworn he was on one of ICP's sub-labels.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
That's when Tom Dub wouldn't fork over the shares of the new label to ICP, so they blackballed the whole project.

Twiztid was on their way out at that point, unhappy about how they were being "treated" at the time.

There was more to it, though. I just didn't remember Q going toward that label. I could have sworn he was on one of ICP's sub-labels.

He put the song "Pop" on a compilation that was released on one of their sub-labels (Hachethouse). The compilation was called "Tunnelrunners", and had a lot of popular underground, horrorcore acts on it like Mars, King Gordy, ect.

The Tom Dub situation was hilarious though, because the dude ended up getting a "Majik" tat on the side of his head, and then Twiztid re-signed to Psy. lol

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
Yea it was Majik that Q was suppose to sign to. At that point Twiztid even had their own website to sell their own merch on, and their big album out at that time was suppose to have no "Juggalo" references on it. Ironically, it was Tech himself who sorta broke that. But yea, Tom Dub ran off with money, next thing you know Twiztid are named "Dons" of Psy, and everything's back to normal.

D-Con

Sicc OG
Feb 25, 2007
What is with everybody thinking Tech's a biter? Necro~The Sexorcist? Ill Bill~Cult Leader? Q Strange~Strangeland?
How many "coincidences" is it going to take before you start thinking he is taking his ideas from underground acts, though?

Just saying...

Jul 1, 2004
Yea because "Who Do I Catch" isnt lyrical or a good concept, "Unfair" isnt executed very well, and the constant touring and puttin out more material than most rappers isnt hungry.

You need to join a special class. Tho new album is fire, I dont see where the hunger, lyrics, concepts and execution are missing.

Apr 30, 2008
hatemachine.us
He put the song "Pop" on a compilation that was released on one of their sub-labels (Hachethouse). The compilation was called "Tunnelrunners", and had a lot of popular underground, horrorcore acts on it like Mars, King Gordy, ect.

The Tom Dub situation was hilarious though, because the dude ended up getting a "Majik" tat on the side of his head, and then Twiztid re-signed to Psy. lol
I think Q also played the Big Ballas Christmas Party a few years back.

Feb 3, 2006
I am sorry but you lost me on this shit. Say what you want but take your favorite Tech song or album regardless of how dope it is and just imagine for a minute that he duplicated the same "hunger" delivery, flow etc. Over 15+ year career and see how boring that shit would be. THIS DUDE Q STRANGE IS STILL "HUNGRY" BECAUSE NO ONE PAYS HIM FOR HIS MUSIC. and if doing 200+ shows a year, 2 albums, EP's, only taking about 30 days "off" to really enjoy his money, doing features for his label mates, and other artists, all while playing a more active role than most of you know in the day to day operations of Strange Music isn't hungry please tell me what is?
amen. ... in the end. TECH > Q .. the argument is garbage.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
Everyone disses ICP and juggalos but reading through this thread it seems like yall are walking bibles on that whole scene :p

Haha. Once upon a time I liked some of ICP, and Twiztid's music. I never considered myself a juggalo, or part of that "WHOOP WHOOP" crowd. Lol. I've always supported underground rap, of any type though. Horrorcore stood out for me, because I'm huge fan of horror movies, and I dig the story-telling and imagery some of the rappers convey in their music.