PS3 NEWS!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 27, 2006
www.myspace.com
the PS3 has been delayed untill November of 2006 and is going to have a hard drive to store games. more info can be found here

www.ps3land.com FYI the forums are koo if u want to look more into the ps3

Heres the newest info on the Hard Drive

Sony has confirmed to a number of gaming websites that the 60GB hard drive will ship with every PlayStation 3.

After Wednesday's conference, where Ken Kutaragi confirmed a worldwide PS3 launch in November, there was some ambiguity over whether the hard drive would be included as standard.

Kutaragi did say that the hard drive would be required, since Sony has told developers to assume the hard drive is present in every PS3.

But he also said that whether the hard drive would be included or not would depend on the market environment. Now, however, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has ensured gamers that the hard drive will definitely be included.

This is of course relieving news. Not only would it be frustrating to purchase a required hard drive separately, it could also alienate a lot of consumers.

As reported last week, the PlayStation 3 has been delayed until November because of Blu-ray copyright protection issues. Sony's next generation console will now launch in Japan/Asia, USA/Canada and Europe simultaneously.

By Bhavin Shah

Apr 25, 2002
im pretty sure its not gonna be more than 500.....420 is what the price translates to from japanese yen so anywhere from 400 to 450.....ill say closer to 400......the president of sony computer america has a press conference called "playstation 3:beyond the box" tommorrow......if we dont get alot of info then.....we will get all of it at E3 in may...i think 18th-20th

Feb 27, 2006
www.myspace.com
my guess would be around 500 for it. u gotta look at all the hardware thats in it to fully understand why it would cost so much, but please believe its gonna be worth every penny. imma have like 10G's stacked up by the end of summer so imma buy like 4 of this bitches and sell em on ebay.

Jan 14, 2006
it would be some certain price like what the XBOX 360 costed or less becuz Sony would try to outsell XBOX and if it costed more than $500 then the XBOX would hella outsell the PS3

May 13, 2002
aint gonna be more than 450-500....but prolly even less....

u get a blu ray player...a new video game system(i should say the best one) that plays all your old ps shit an dvds.....cant fuckin beat that

funny how some fools thought it was gonna be 1,000...lolol

retarded hatin ass muthafuckas

May 9, 2002
Pino said:
http://gear.ign.com/articles/700/700258p1.html

Sony Slips PS3 Price
French VP drops the big news.
by Gerry Block
April 5, 2006 - The word is out. Yesterday, Vice President of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe George Fornay let the PS3's European price slip. According to Fornay, the PS3 will cost between 499 and 599 euros. That translates to between $613 and $736 for us in the States.

Sony has been saying that the PS3 will be expensive for months now, and Fornay followed up his blunder by insisting that these price points are a quality deal for a Blu-ray player. Nevertheless, all previous attempts at selling videogame consoles at this price point have been rather dramatic failures, even when the systems incorporated 'new' multimedia features.

There may be some hope for lower price points in America. The European market generally gets screwed in consumer electronics, like the $299 iPod selling in Europe for 299…euros. That's a huge difference. Will we see the PS3 launch in the States at $499? Let's hope so, or else we'll be looking at the 360 to carry the industry for the next 5 years.

I'll be broke if get a PS3:cry:
It wont be that much...trust me....

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
The fanboys and hardcore gamers might pay $500 for it.
But I'm not sure that the average person will.

$100 extra for the Blu-ray drive might be justifiable in comparison to the $400 M$ is charging for the X360. But anything over $500 and it's game over for the PS3. I don't "think" Sony is that stupid, but who knows.
The PS3 will be up against the much cheaper $200/$300 Nintendo Rev this Christmas....

It's going to be interesting to see how it all unfolds....

May 9, 2002
Pino said:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/700/700432p1.html

Sony Clarifies PS3 Pricing Comments
The company states that executive's comments were "misunderstood."
by Wade Steel
April 6, 2006 - Sony stated today that comments regarding the price of the PlayStation 3 made by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) executive Georges Fornay on French radio were "misinterpreted", according to a report at gamesindustry.biz.

Nick Sharples, SCEE corporate communications director, told the industry website that the notion that Fornay's mention of a price range of €499 to €599 for the next-generation console was a "mistranslation or misunderstanding of the discussion, which was actually focused on the relative value of PS3 as a Blu-ray Disc player."

According to Sharples, the pricing discussion on French radio station Europe 1 was intended to focus on the fact that the PlayStation 3 would be priced "very competitively" when compared to other products that would use the Blu-ray optical technology if it were to be priced at €500, but that this pricepoint would put it "well above the range of other game console products."

Sharples claimed that Fornay was explaining that with both Blu-ray and high-definition functionality, the PS3 would be "cheap" relative to other products that have these features but more expensive when compared to other "current" game consoles which retail at "far below €500."

Sharples stated that any reports that suggest Fornway was providing a specific price point or price range for the PS3 were completely "incorrect."
LOL....sounds like Sony is back-pedling JUUUUUST a bit...

VIC

Sicc OG
Oct 29, 2002
IS SONY LIEIN AGAIN ABOUT THE OUTPUT LIKE THEY DID WITH THE PS2. I AM WILLING TO BET IT WONT LOOK AS GOOD AS THE VIDEO WE HAVE SEEN.