Protesting for peace?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 10, 2002
If is apparent that so called peace protests around the country are picking up steam in recent weeks. My question to all of these so called peace activists is why are so many of their demonstrations turning violent and destructive. Is it just me or is violent destructive behavior completely opposite of the peace they so desperately want. Also, why are they not protesting Sadam for his acts against hummanity such as gassing Kurds, torturing parents in front of their kids, raping women with broken bottles etc.... Or why not protest radical muslim groups or in that case Osama Bin Laden, after all these organizatons have single handedly killed thousands of innocent people. No, instead these so called peace protesters demonstrate against the Bush adminisatration with stupid slogans like "no blood for oil" and "what has Sadam done to us." God knows that none of these people would complain if we were self relient on oil not bothering any other nation for help and gas prices were a mere $5.00 per gallon. Furthermore, what did Sadam do to us? Ok, He did nothing, but neither did Hitler. Are they suggesting that the allied war on Nazi Germany was wrong and that Hitler should have been allowed to stay in power? If we use this "what did he do to us train of thought," that is exactly what they are saying. Just some thoughts from me too you. Think about it!

May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
"violent and destructive" is a HASTY GENERALIZATION that the news drops on you. Its a very weak argument when you consider the masses of people who dont do destruction and violence. that is a solid fact.

We did let Hitler stay in power. Why do you think we stayed out of the war for so long? It was a different situation then. Hitler was already waging war. Saddam isnt. He hasnt done shit. Maybe he does stock weapons? Until we see any proof (because so far I aint seen shit) its very bad to start a war because it will constitute any other country (say india) is allowed to follow our ill example. At the moment a unilateral war should be the last thing YOU want.

Feb 28, 2003
CRIPN & TRIPPN said:
If is apparent that so called peace protests around the country are picking up steam in recent weeks. My question to all of these so called peace activists is why are so many of their demonstrations turning violent and destructive. Is it just me or is violent destructive behavior completely opposite of the peace they so desperately want. Also, why are they not protesting Sadam for his acts against hummanity such as gassing Kurds, torturing parents in front of their kids, raping women with broken bottles etc.... Or why not protest radical muslim groups or in that case Osama Bin Laden, after all these organizatons have single handedly killed thousands of innocent people. No, instead these so called peace protesters demonstrate against the Bush adminisatration with stupid slogans like "no blood for oil" and "what has Sadam done to us." God knows that none of these people would complain if we were self relient on oil not bothering any other nation for help and gas prices were a mere $5.00 per gallon. Furthermore, what did Sadam do to us? Ok, He did nothing, but neither did Hitler. Are they suggesting that the allied war on Nazi Germany was wrong and that Hitler should have been allowed to stay in power? If we use this "what did he do to us train of thought," that is exactly what they are saying. Just some thoughts from me too you. Think about it!
Good Post, U seem Like U got some info 2 bacc, your shit up. Watch out they'll come callin' with some hippy bullshit. Keep postin'.

May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
Yeah, what "good info to back it up" None of it has real relevence until you quote DIRECTLY who witnessed it or knows on the topic. If you watch the news and cant pick out the weaknesses in it, your doomed to follow anyone to your death.

Show the statistics of the violent offender out of all the peace protesters? Im well aware some intend to get arrested befrore they even wake up that moning. But its a slight number, and the news generalizes and stereotypes beyond belief. You got any facts yet then?

Feb 28, 2003
Its true that America didn't get involved in WWII until Germanys allies Japan attacked Pearl Harbour, but would U rather not go 2 war and wait until Saddam either Attacks or if we can prove he help finace the 9/11 attacks or future attacks?? Would U have the same view if some of your family died in an attack finanse by or from Iraq. Would U wait until Innocent United States citizens get killed, in a another Terrorist/9/11 style attack?? I DON'T want war, but this world is ruled by force, and sometimes U have 2 do what U don't wanna do. I would rather hear about world peace, and beautiful shit like that, but thats not how the world works. Its neive 2 think otherwise.

May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
Find peace within your own self/way of life.

As for another attack, they can do whatever. But dont you ask yourself why they would want to do it in the first place? We must be some evil motherfuckers to provoke an attack like that. If i lost people in there, id be the same i am now. I still wont kill abyone, i wont fight war. Id be upset to loose people, but people die. SOmetimes you take losses, if you try and get even, you fall out of peace.

You can kill me before i kill you unles its strict delf defense that i know im right for acting how i am to save MY life or someone elses.

All i can say is wheres the proof? And quit being so secret about shit. Maybe then you (im directing this part to the government) may earn some trust.

Feb 28, 2003
Blight said:
And quit being so secret about shit. Maybe then you (im directing this part to the government) may earn some trust.
Alright I respect that and I agree with this statement^^^. I don't know why they would do it again, but I still don't know why they did 9/11. We may never know the real reason.....

May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
I dont know. I can agree that the world is ruled by force. Shit i learned that from the 5.5 foot fifth grader, lol. But i take myself out of it. Im pretty much peaceful to man, bug, and fish and whatever else. I try to recycle a lot and throw out other peoples garbage cause i like the earth to be at peace to.

(sorry i didnt get back to ya sooner, im in school)

Oct 10, 2002
unilateral?

I'm sorry blight, nearly all of Europe is for the war with the exeption of France,Germany and Russia. This is far froma unilateral military action. These countries are only using their veto power because they are all countries who have no oil ritches and need the middle east and people like Sadam with his food for oil programs to run their nations industry. Who is really in true need of the oil? You know what i would agree that france is key to a successful war in iraq, someone needs to teach Sadam's forces how to surender! Who better than france.

May 8, 2002
Re: unilateral?

CRIPN & TRIPPN said:
I'm sorry blight, nearly all of Europe is for the war with the exeption of France,Germany and Russia. This is far froma unilateral military action. These countries are only using their veto power because they are all countries who have no oil ritches and need the middle east and people like Sadam with his food for oil programs to run their nations industry. Who is really in true need of the oil? You know what i would agree that france is key to a successful war in iraq, someone needs to teach Sadam's forces how to surender! Who better than france.
over 40 countries support us in the iraq situation