Pro Tools (M-Powered)/ReWire Question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
I just got Pro Tools M-Powered and I'm trying to ReWire Reason to it. From the looks of it, it's ReWired (tells me that a ReWire application hasn't been terminated when I try to close Reason before closing Pro Tools), but I'm not getting Pro Tools to control/play Reason after hitting play. The guy at Guitar Center showed me how to do this earlier today, but it looks like I'm missing something from what he showed me.

I had it ReWired with Cubase before, so I know it's possible to do on my system. Anyone know what the problem may be?

May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
And I'm also getting feedback when I'm recording. I'm getting what I'm running in coming back out through the headphone/speakers while I'm recording. Anyone have any idea what this may be?

Feb 2, 2006
make an instrument track and then add reason as an instrument through the insert at the top of the track. then bus the output to an audio track and record it. make sure your tempo is set in pro tools already because once it opens up reason it changes the tempo in there to match pro tools. it should be pretty easy. I am not sure about the feedback thing, never had that problem. what kind of track are you using?

also your instruments should not be plugged in the mixer in reason. they should be plugged in the rewire interface at the very top.

May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
Okay. I'll try the ReWire thing in a minute. But the feedback was coming from my MPC which is plugged into an analog mixer (then to the MobilePre interface) and I'm recording it on an audio track. I just check it with Cubase and I'm not getting that feedback, so there's something in Pro Tools that I need to set.

May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
I figured out how to get it to sync up, but I can't get the audio track to record what's playing through Reason. Can I get a little more detailed description of how to do this. I'm pretty new to Pro Tools, would be much appreciated.

And I got the feedback problem fixed. I was told to turn down the input monitoring in Pro Tools when I'm recording. Worked perfect.