Pro Tools LE 7 to trigger MPC

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 29, 2002
www.facebook.com
Man I can get this going with the Digi 002 mixer it seems it works when using Nuendo (with the 002 in stand alone)...but I cant get it to work with Pro Tools via Beat Clock. Can anyone break it down for me Ive been on the DUC boards and still havent found a solution.

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
what you tryin to do?? u tryin to have pro tools the master??

all i did was go to the midi section of the mpc and turn the clock to midi/// i cant remember exactly what i did in the pro tools ill check when i get to the lab

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Drivers\MMERefresh.exe

Boot your computer, but don't boot pro tools. Go to the drive you have pro tools on and go to Program Files-->Digidesign-->Drivers-->MMERefresh.exe

Double click MMERefresh, and restart the computer. Boot pro tools, go inside the midi beat clock settings and check the appropriate midi boxes (digi 002, or whatever device it is you want to use midi for.)

Let me know if this works.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
You won't know if the file did anything until you double click it, shut down, reboot, lauch pro tools, go in the midi settings and select midi 1 and 2 for the 002. Did you do this? If you doubled clicked on teh file but failed to go to midi beat clock to pick the midi ports it won't work because you didn't follow the last steps.

And you are using the midi ports on teh 002 and not an external midi device correct?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Then its user errror on your part, nuendo isn't letting go of the midi drivers or nuendo is using conflicting drivers, or there is something wrong with your version of pro tools. If mmerefresh didn't work and you can't select the correct ports when you go to midi beat clock AFTER you have double clicked mmerefresh and rebooted the computer, I suggest you do a reinstall or repair.