PREDICTIONS FOR GAME 5- Kings vs. Lakers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2002
WHo do yall think will take it? ANd for those of you that are kings fans (me hehe) try not to be biased....u think this loss will make the kings hold on to ther lead next time?

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
its going to be tuff for both teams.. lakers are playing shitty and as for the kings dissapointed.. im a laker fan and i believe that the lakers could win back to back.. christie played shitty today.. the team who wins deserve the ring,

CALIFORNIA LOVE
go lakers..

May 7, 2002
Do you think the outcome of gave 4 will have any effect on the way they will play in game 5? And when is Peja Stojacovic coming back???? Cuz kings need his three pointers.

May 9, 2002
hmmm..i can't even make a prediction..i just don't know.......i'm still waiting for the lakers to break out and start shooting like they have been known to......but at the same time..i dunno..the kings keep shooting very well themselves.....

it's just been too up and down...i'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show

May 16, 2002
Its gonna be a war...The team that wants it more and plays solid D is gonna end up winning...

I think the Lakers experience will end up deciding the series...Its all out war though!

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
I gotta tell someone...yesterday, even though my heart said Kings over Lakers 90-88 my brain was whispering, "LA by 1 on a Will Smith three from KoME at the buzzer." LA wins 99-98. My finger hovered over the submit button for a few seconds then I obviously went back and changed it. From now on I will post with both brain and heart predictions.

The heart says: The Sacramento Kings are historicaly a very resiliant team and therefore I don't see that meltdown yesterday having any effect on game 5. I don't predict any significant adjustments in their overall game. I do know that offensive rebounding and smart passing will be stressed though. Other than that, you will simply see more of the same thing. i.e. Bibby running the offense like a well-oiled machine and, coupled with Webber, keeping the Arco faithul in the game. It's more than likely that the LA backcourt will come out and try to show Mike some early pressure and see if they can throw him off his game before the end of the 1st quarter (at Arco I doubt that da Fish or Hunter will be allowed to play football with Bibby this time though). I heavy dossage of KoME is to be expected as well to try and get that early lead and maybe get into the Kings heads. This one is gonna be an ugly grinder.

At the buzzer:
Kings 92
Lakers 91

The brain says: The Lakers will come out on fire and pick up just where they left off yesterday. But it won't last as the Kings match them nearly shot for shot. No one will lead by more than 9 points at any given time. Christie will be in early foul touble and will be out of the game halfway through the 4th quarter. With less than two minutes left to go Webber will be out as well and Vlade will be close. Bibby will get pinched out of the offensive scheme, Jackson will look like the second coming of J-Will and the Kings will fall with a strugling sputtering offense.

Final Score:
Kings 92
Lakers 97

Apr 25, 2002
IMA STICK WITH BOBBY JACKSON...."THEYRE SCARED OF US"....FOR SOME REASON...THEYRE SCARED. THEY JUST BERELY WON CUZ A GUY GOT LUCKY ON WHERE HE WUZ PLACED...INSTEAD OF FIGHTIN FOR THA REBOUND...HE WUZ ON THA THREE POINT LINE...IF THEYRE THINKIN THAT CLOSE GAMEZ IS THA ONLY WAY THEY CAN WIN....KINGZ ALL UP IN THEIR BRAIN.....KINGZ IN 6...$IDEWAYZ

May 16, 2002
The Lakers arent scared of the Kings...Please thats a joke...I think its the other way around...They just dont want to admit it....There gonna be pretty scary when they start playin Lakers basketball...The Kings are lucky as hell that the Lakers arent playin up to there full potential...Or it would be the Lakers up 3-1....

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
I don't think any one team is scared of the other. They're both playing with an equal amount of luck and skill. Minus a few blown calls (in both directions) this series is turning out to be very entertaining. I could watch (and I have no doubt I will) these two teams go at it every year in the playoffs for the next 7 years.

Like some comentator said last week, "...shame these two teams aren't in different Conferences and could play for the Championship."

Go Kings.

May 7, 2002
Deep Thought said:
Other than that, you will simply see more of the same thing. i.e. Bibby running the offense like a well-oiled machine

THey put Kobe on Bibby in the 4th...and Bibby was struggling. Ya'll see that airball he threw up? If Phil Jackson decides to put Kobe on Bibby from the get..I smell trouble for King's offence...

May 16, 2002
I really think the Lakers have been playin poor D...I noticed alot of the time they werent getting a hand in a shooter face and basically letting the Kings do what they wanted on offense...But in the 4th they finnaly dug in and played D...I think if they just play tough aggresive D for 48 min instead of 12 then there the ones who are gonna be up and having the Kings play comeback all game....

Apr 25, 2002
5ive1en said:
THey put Kobe on Bibby in the 4th...and Bibby was struggling. Ya'll see that airball he threw up? If Phil Jackson decides to put Kobe on Bibby from the get..I smell trouble for King's offence... [/B]
ARE YOU FUCKIN JOKING???....THEY WERENT PLAYIN DEFENSE...THEY WERE FUCKIN TRYNA RAPE BIBBY...AND PUT KOBE ON BIBBY...YOU GOT A MIS-MATCH WITH FISHER GUARDIN CHRISTIE...IM NOT SAYIN CHRISTIE OFFENSIVLY IS A BIG DEAL...BUT HE IZ KNOWN FOR EXPLODIN EVERY ONCE INA....KINGZ IN 6...$IDEWAYZ

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
5ive1en said:
f Phil Jackson decides to put Kobe on Bibby from the get..I smell trouble for King's offence...
Won't happen and I posted why on another thread here. I'll save you the trouble of looking for it though. Phil Jax cannot do that because, although KoME is a special type of player, he can't do both. What I mean by that is, shut down Bibby while simultaneously scoring 28 points. It's too much of an offensive gamble, not to mention the Christie/Fish missmatch as mentioned above. Notice that Doug was having a bad shooting night? That's why PJ rolled the dice.

I present as evidence game 4. No KoME on Bibby till the end. AFTER the Lakers were well on their way back and it was obvious they didn't need KoME to put the entire team on his back.

You will WILL see pressure on Mike early on in game 5, it just won't be from KoME.
Shark said:
I really think the Lakers have been playin poor D...I noticed alot of the time they werent getting a hand in a shooter face and basically letting the Kings do what they wanted on offense...But in the 4th they finnaly dug in and played D...I think if they just play tough aggresive D for 48 min instead of 12 then there the ones who are gonna be up and having the Kings play comeback all game....
While this is true don't forget that putting the "clamps down" takes a lot of energy. Try and do this for 48 minutes? Against a 5 man bomb squad like Sacramento? Big mistake. No, against teams like this you hope against hope for a bad night from at least two players and just try and stay close for at least 3 quarters. THEN you "D" up like a big dog.

May 27, 2002
www.google.com
i think the lakers gonna take game 5 and 7. before the series started i dint think the kings would take the lakers to a game 6 or 7. just yesterday they almost beat the lakers which ment they could beat them in 5. but the win gives them a lot of confidence so i think the lakers will take the next game :siccness:

May 7, 2002
^^^ Laker's Confidence has nothing on Kings...they lost game 1, and came back to win the next 2. Including one at Staples Center.. Deep thought....GOod Lookin out on that Kobe and Bibby question...when is Peja coming back???

May 27, 2002
www.google.com
game one was a normal game for the lakers cause they always think they all that. so they had confidence before that game that didnt do anything. but after losin by 13 and then next game coming back from 24 that gives u a lot of confidence. Peja will probeither come back in the last game or wont come back this series. Aldeman said that he would make Peja run some drills, but if he wouldnt be ready then he wouldnt play him.

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
You won't see Peja in this series I think. Although this factoid is sure to give uninformed and myopic Kings fan a ready excuse as to why we lost the series, I'm telling you Hedo is the better player (against the Lakers). It's no secret that Fox has taken Peja to task more times than not. Peja is the typical Euro who does not like the defensive player all in his grill. And Pretty Ricky is very physical when it comes to the Kings Allstar small forward.

Brother Hedo is quicker, a better driver, and is more athletic. Best of all, he can create his own shot without having to push off. Yes, Peja has torched Fox for like 31 of 'em before but, he ain't gonna do it for 4 games strait. Especially not on a bum wheel.

May 27, 2002
www.google.com
naah man, i dont i agree with you. stoja would be making those big time threes that no one else on the kings except maybe bibby can do. the reason the kings lost the first game was becuz of hedo . he even admitted it himself