Personality And Character

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 28, 2006
i think a lot of people in todays society dont know the difference between the two. i believe the majority of people in todays society have a weak character. they instead focus more on personality. i think most people today go around putting up fronts to hide their true feelings and character. changing and molding their personality to fit in. afraid of what people might think of them. worried about people who think the same way they do. rather than develope their character which forces you to face the real you and go out their comfort zone, they choose the easy way out and simply change a part of their persnality when confronted with a dilema. only when you look inside yourself and face your true feelings and convictions. then can someone change and grow when they shape and mold their true character and convictions. only then can they form true opinions and feelings and not simply fronts they believe will please people. only then can someone truly be happy and gain lasting confidence in themselves. the confidence of acceptance. by understanding yourself and realizining and accepting that its ok to fail. realizing that we are not perfect and that to learn we must fail. we as humans learn from our mistakes. like the saying goes "the best lessons are learned hard".

What do you think? do you agree, disagree? and why?

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
completely agree, cept i dont believe losing exists since loss is more probable.- thats if God is just.
but surely everything is learned in anyway.

the way most people are today i believe is because of how far ahead we are in society.
industrialized n movin onto technological age supposedly.
the era of being fake, the era of selling out, the era of being accepted.
but to me that is just another lesson one must go through, and get to the next stop.
Never should one stop looking for lessons, and bettering his wisdom and self.

feelings i believe might not be easily experessed because it just feels like it exposes so much of what id feel to be a private part of myself, but i know it isnt really a big deal.

edit: also , any step is a step forward @ growth

Dec 25, 2003
Hemp said:
the way most people are today i believe is because of how far ahead we are in society.
industrialized n movin onto technological age supposedly.
the era of being fake, the era of selling out, the era of being accepted.
You're telling me the sort of conformity and social pressure that exists today is unique? What about many countries in the Middle East where women are killed for not being a virgin on their wedding night, kissing men they arent married to, etc.? What about tribal societies that mutilate genitals? What about arranged marriages? Japanese children who kill themselves when they don't pass entrance exams?

You want societies with pressure and conformity? Try the Middle East, East and Southeast Asia, Africa, etc. I'm not too sure about many Latin American countries because I haven't spent much time there or read up too much on their cultures.

But conformity and pressure exist everywhere. We rank high, in fact, on personal freedom and acceptance of individuality. Even many European countries like France, Spain, and the Netherlands have lots of social pressure and pressure to conform.

Aug 28, 2006
^^^i dont think it's human nature. i think its human emotion. and those that can control the emotions of other people have power over those people. therefore they are the ones that lay the standards, and if you dont fit the standard your looked down upon. so whose controling our emotions in america? if you dont think you can be manipulated look no further than capitalism.

edit: thats why i say that most people today have no character. because it takes character and fearlessness to stand up for something you believe in, when all odds are against you. in this case the one that's against you is society.