Percussion/Drum Kits

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
I haven't updated my library in a minute and I'm really on the look out for some clean one shots, singles, specifically kicks and snares. Mainly for use in Battery. If anyone wants to share or trade or can point me in the direction to some good kits, throw me the names of them, or whatever, I'd appreciate it.

Man, I've found that building a good percussive library is, difficult. But as a producer or composer, I think your personal percussive library, is your identity. I'm very picky about my percussion, I think it's the most important aspect of a solid beat and is where most of the quality boils down to. I'm looking for SOLID kits.

Oct 21, 2006
Well I would never buy that, I think it's overkill like they say themselves. LOL. Why are you ever gonna need that many drum samples? I have a pack of 200 drum machine samples and I barely use half of them, and I never even seen half of em. And about 3/4 of the ones I've heard are lousy and could not even be tweaked into something good.

I would rather buy the M-Tron for those prices. It has a bunch of vintage synthesizers that sound very good cuz they sampled each one manually (I think each key too). And it's "vintage" but they have a lotta clean modern sounds too.

Apr 26, 2006
Well I would never buy that, I think it's overkill like they say themselves. LOL. Why are you ever gonna need that many drum samples? I have a pack of 200 drum machine samples and I barely use half of them, and I never even seen half of em. And about 3/4 of the ones I've heard are lousy and could not even be tweaked into something good.

I would rather buy the M-Tron for those prices. It has a bunch of vintage synthesizers that sound very good cuz they sampled each one manually (I think each key too). And it's "vintage" but they have a lotta clean modern sounds too.
We'll I'm assuming all those samples in that OverKill are "useable." I mean a lot of the samples out there that you find on the internet sound cheap, because they are cheap. Cheaply recorded or cheaply sampled, low-fi bit,etc... So I'm assuming all those samples in that Overkill sound good sonically, even though if the sound itself is corny or g@y sounding. You also got to take into consideration that this Overkill covers A LOT of different genres of music, that's why there's so many d@mn samples. I mean if it was that many samples just for Hiphop, that would probably then be pretty unnecessary.