Pats have nothing on Browns!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 13, 2007
As an example….Steelers fans think football started in the 70’s. Niners fans think football started in the 80’s…Dallas fans in the 90’s…and of course the Pats now. I'm just showing my team a little love…just some info that some may not know.
pffffffffffffffffffffffffffft .... lol jp nah i feel u everything is wut happens now and ppl forget wut happened before now. every time i bring up somethin regarding my teams history ppl tell me... well that was then this is now.

Nov 7, 2006
pffffffffffffffffffffffffffft .... lol jp nah i feel u everything is wut happens now and ppl forget wut happened before now. every time i bring up somethin regarding my teams history ppl tell me... well that was then this is now. :mad:
i aint like that i'm just sayin the 40's doesnt really exist for anybody lol. i mean even the experts dont even talk about this shit and theres nothing in the record books for there shit they did cause it wasnt NFL

Apr 13, 2007
lol i know i wasnt directing that towards u. i was just sayin dude was just postin up some of his teams history to show some love. yea the 40s is long long looong time ago. and i agree with u. in todays sports environment. everyone is alot more competitive and like u said some players wouldve even been considered super human. so the fact the pats acomplished wut they did when they did is gonna be the reason this seasons pats will be talked about for years to come probably.

Nov 7, 2006
lol i know i wasnt directing that towards u. i was just sayin dude was just postin up some of his teams history to show some love. yea the 40s is long long looong time ago. and i agree with u. in todays sports environment. everyone is alot more competitive and like u said some players wouldve even been considered super human. so the fact the pats acomplished wut they did when they did is gonna be the reason this seasons pats will be talked about for years to come probably.
yeah my bad for quoting u i tried quoting what u quoted lol and fucked up but i was directing it with what u quoted from sum1 else

Nov 7, 2006
^^^believe me if u were serious i wouldnt mind at all cause every1 hates em around accept for a select few but usually every1 hates the select few. i prolly have a couple enemies from backing my team

Apr 13, 2007
lol eeeeeh i dont like ur team but ur not gonna be my enemy cause of it. lol thats a lil too far. unless ofcourse u bash on my team infront of me. then its off with ur head :)

May 30, 2006
Different eras, yes…but who’s to say it's more competitive now.

I’m sure some people think RUN DMC or the Sugar Hill Gang is better than the Luniz or the Mob Figaz.

Some think with this many teams the league is watered down. Plus…the rules nowadays take away from the game…you can barely touch a player it seems.

Is that better…I don’t know.
I don't think u get what I'm saying. The game was played totally different back then. Look @ Otto Ghrams career stats. Ibet his passer rating was like 70.5 or some shit. Players today specailize a& don't play multi positions. They had athletes back then. Today these are football players & that's a big difference too. Did I mention that the league was about 98% white? That means they didn't play against the best players. That alone should shut this arguement down.

And can't nobody say the Sugar Hill gang was even a great group. Besides Rappers Delight what other good song did they put out? Name one!!!!

May 30, 2006
You know what's really funny? How there have been about 2-3 threads per week for the past few months where the thread topic was about discrediting the Pats. When Frisco & Dallas was on top I saw nothing but dick riding. I remember that shit like it was last month. Esp the local media out here. They were riding the Niners dicks like something rediculous. When Dallas came back up in the 90's they got the same dick ryding treatment. Cowboy fans came outta nowhere in N.Cali. When the Packers came up Green Bay fans started popping up when there was no such thing as a packer fan in the state of California. When the Rams had their explosive offense a few years back cats started dick riding the Rams.

May 2, 2002
You also don't play all the other teams twice and then the seasons a wrap.
Uhh…no. You do play all of the teams twice…so you play 14 games. And then you have 1 more game for the Championship. A total of 15 games.

With pro sports being in its infancy and with only eight teams, it would be easier to have a shitload of talent on one team.That's exactly what happened, and that's why the Browns had to divide their players amongst the other teams.
Pro football has been played since around 1910…probably even before that in one way or another. That would mean by 1948 it was around for 38 years. Is 38 years still being in its infancy?

As for a shitload of talent on one team…is that any different today? Do the Patriots have a shitload of talent on one team? Is that why they are undefeated? I would say so.

Would that EVER happen in todays game?
No need to…there are more people on each team than back then. 53 players and a practice squad is more than enough.

But it does happen when you have an expansion team.

And, don't try to play like I'm dumb. I could have been a little more clear about my question, but you and I both know that the pass wasn't being used then like it is today.
I’m not a mind reader…if you could have been more clear…maybe you should have. I thought you really didn’t know there was a forward pass. And I was just saying…if you didn’t even know that, maybe I was wasting my time.

As for the forward pass…you may think that the pass wasn’t used like it is today…and you are wrong.

Do you know who Paul Brown is? He started it. Do some research on him…he made football what it is today.

Every single great coach you can think of…it all started with Paul Brown.

What's the significance? it takes a different kind of athlete to run routes and defend routes.
Again…Paul Brown. He was the first to design these types of routes…and also the first to have his defense defend them.

Like I said…the NFL as you know it today...he started it all.

Also, did you know there was a guy back then that lead the league in rushing, INT's, and kickoff returns. What does that say about the quality of athlete and level of play throughout the league?
Sounds to me like he was a great athlete that played offense/defense and ran back kicks. Doesn’t say much more than that. There have been players in recent history that have played D and ran back kicks…and even played offense from time to time.

The reason they don’t do that now isn’t that they can’t…it’s that there are more players on each team. And the money invested in these players is so great. They don’t want you getting injured.

lol…you make it sound like it’s impossible to do now.

Don't make it seem as if the Browns accomplishments are somehow on par with the Pats of today. You trying to argue makes it seem like you believe that shit.
I didn’t write these articles…and there are more out there. But I do think they are on par. 10 straight Championships…that’s impressive. Try and discredit it all you want.

How is not on par with the Pats? Cause the passing was a little different…the D was a little different?

So in 40 years would it be fair to say that the Pats recent dynasty isn’t on par with however they are playing in the future? I’m sure football will be different than it is now.

For that era in football…they were dominant…for 10 years. I don’t see how you can say it isn’t on par.

This is a history lesson, nothing more. Thanks.
No problem...it looks like you needed it.

Jun 15, 2005
Uhh…no. You do play all of the teams twice…so you play 14 games. And then you have 1 more game for the Championship. A total of 15 games.
Im talking about the league NOW. You play those in your division twice, then you play a mix of other teams for a 16 game season.

Back then the Browns only had 7 other teams to play. There's a difference.

Pro football has been played since around 1910…probably even before that in one way or another. That would mean by 1948 it was around for 38 years. Is 38 years still being in its infancy?
The rest of your post is helping to prove that football was in its infancy, regardless of 38 years or not. Paul Brown a genius? In those times. Now, he would be normal. 14 game schedule of only 7 opponents, vs todays schedule? The 38 years means nothing, how far have we advanced since then is my point.

As for a shitload of talent on one team…is that any different today? Do the Patriots have a shitload of talent on one team? Is that why they are undefeated? I would say so.
The reason why people are talking about the Patriots is because its a fucking RARITY. I hope you understand that.

How is not on par with the Pats? Cause the passing was a little different…the D was a little different?
that small example is speaking to how the game is very different than today.

If the Browns feat was so much on par with the Pats, then why don't we hear someone besides you and people in Cleveland talking about this?

For that era in football…they were dominant…for 10 years. I don’t see how you can say it isn’t on par.

No problem...it looks like you needed it.
I've tried to explain it to you, and we both know you ain't budging.

Nobody in this thread/sports forum believes you, so I'm thinking you should let this thread just die. Send your little history lesson to ESPN and the NFL network, seems like they need it, too. They obviously know nothing about the history of football.

I sure didn't need it. Doesn't change my feelings about football or the browns either way.

Jun 15, 2005
when only one person thinks they're right and everyone else thinks they're wrong - that person is either a genius or insane.

I know which one some of us think you are.

Wanna make a poll about this?

Nov 7, 2006
is this kid a browns fan? if so then i'm not wasting my time with his biased opinions acting like he watches the 40's brown n shit lol. fucking stupid

May 2, 2002
when only one person thinks they're right and everyone else thinks they're wrong - that person is either a genius or insane.

I know which one some of us think you are.

Wanna make a poll about this?
Who is everyone else? The people on this board? There are people not on here you know.

I was letting you guys know a little history on the league...while giving my team some love. You want to be ignorant and choose to ignore it...that's fine.

The league has been around a LONG time…before the first Super Bowl. But if you want to believe that football didn’t exist before that....then OK…nothing I say can change that.

But the fact of the matter is that without Paul Brown and the Cleveland Browns…football wouldn’t be what it is today.

That’s a fact.

May 2, 2002
is this kid a browns fan? if so then i'm not wasting my time with his biased opinions acting like he watches the 40's brown n shit lol. fucking stupid
Yes, I am a Browns fan...I thought that was obvious. You aren't biased being a Pats fan?

I don't watch 40's football...but I know alot about football.

And with my family being from Cleveland all being Browns fans...I know pretty much everything about them.

You make it seem as though I’m making this all up…only people being stupid are you and enserio.

Nov 7, 2006
Yes, I am a Browns fan...I thought that was obvious. You aren't biased being a Pats fan?

I don't watch 40's football...but I know alot about football.

And with my family being from Cleveland all being Browns fans...I know pretty much everything about them.

You make it seem as though I’m making this all up…only people being stupid are you and enserio.
no, actually ur being stupid. if what they accomplished was as serious as u make then u woulda been hearing about them to this day and guess what, there not. it was the fucking 40's and if u ask me if u put the dolphins team back in that same era then they would stomp the browns and i would bet anything they would. if u put the pats in there or even the cowboys then ppl wouldnt even show up to face em cause it would be too unfair. i'm not being biased i'm calling it how i see it and for the pats to win 3 sb's in 4 years and if they get this one then it is WAAAAAYYY more of an accomplishment then a teams from the fucking 40's when hitlar was still around n shit lol

May 2, 2002
no, actually ur being stupid. if what they accomplished was as serious as u make then u woulda been hearing about them to this day and guess what, there not. it was the fucking 40's and if u ask me if u put the dolphins team back in that same era then they would stomp the browns and i would bet anything they would. if u put the pats in there or even the cowboys then ppl wouldnt even show up to face em cause it would be too unfair. i'm not being biased i'm calling it how i see it and for the pats to win 3 sb's in 4 years and if they get this one then it is WAAAAAYYY more of an accomplishment then a teams from the fucking 40's when hitlar was still around n shit lol
You aren't getting it...and I'm beginning to wonder if you can comprehend anything I am saying.

This was a 10 year span...from '46-'55. Hitler wasn't even alive.

I said a few times now...this wasn't about them beating a team now. How hard is that for you to grasp?

lol...nevermind...don't answer that.