Patriots waive Albert Haynesworth

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2004
The Patriots' experiment with defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth has come to an end. The Patriots have waived Haynesworth, the Globe's Greg Bedard confirmed via a league source.

Haynesworth was benched for more than 20 minutes of Sunday's 24-20 loss to the New York Giants and didn't play after the nine-minute mark of the third quarter. Since the move comes after the trade deadline, teams have until 4 p.m. tomorrow to claim Haynesworth.

The Patriots traded for Haynesworth during training camp, ending Haynesworth's troubled tenure with the Washington Redskins.

There were reports that Haynesworth and Patriots defensive line coach Pepper Johnson had a heated exchange on the sidelines during the game, but the Patriots pointed to his absence as a result of the defensive rotation.

“We had a lot of defensive linemen active and so they played in different rotations,’’ Bill Belichick said yesterday. “Vince [Wilfork] is a guy obviously that we don’t want off the field, but the rest of those guys, they can’t all play. One guy plays for a while and then somebody else plays and they rotate."

Haynesworth had three tackles in six games for the Patriots.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/11/patriots_waive_1.html

Feb 14, 2004
I wouldn't mind if Seattle picked him up. Seattle runs the 4-3 that he likes. Redskins and Patriots both ran the 3-4.

Apr 2, 2010
He doesn't have the same drive as he use to, and he is overpriced now due to the redskins giving him the huge contract that boosted his ego.

At this point he either needs to work hard again or just hang it up and retire. You wouldn't want him on your team.

Jan 4, 2003
dude is a failure!! if tha patriots couldn't even get him in check that speaks volumes.. keep that cancer away from my team plz..as stated once he got that 100 mil $ payday his game went out tha window while him and his wallet got fatter

Aug 9, 2006
haynesworth isnt a nose tackle, not even belicheck could change that, he isnt a 3-4 DE ...someone, who ever takes a chance on him and puts him in the scheme where he can play between the center and right guard will get a good player, i refuse to think he has nothing left after play so little the last two years, hes been injured but hes ALWAYS injured.

FUCK i wouldnt mind the titans taking a look at him, he lives in tennessee full time, it would be ideal for him...would make one of the better d-lines in the leauge that much better. we have a bunch of undersize linemen expect for rookies after he left

Apr 2, 2010
haynesworth isnt a nose tackle, not even belicheck could change that, he isnt a 3-4 DE ...someone, who ever takes a chance on him and puts him in the scheme where he can play between the center and right guard will get a good player, i refuse to think he has nothing left after play so little the last two years, hes been injured but hes ALWAYS injured.

FUCK i wouldnt mind the titans taking a look at him, he lives in tennessee full time, it would be ideal for him...would make one of the better d-lines in the leauge that much better. we have a bunch of undersize linemen expect for rookies after he left
Our d-line is already great though, Haynesworth isn't the same player he use to be where teams would stack 2 offensive linemen on him and he would still break through.

I think the owner and Munchak are moving forward with their new team and not taking any chances anyways so it won't happen.

Feb 14, 2004

Yup, he excelled in the 4-3.