palin

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall

By the way they raided dudes house that "hacked" Palin's yahoo but I guess he got the heads up and bounced with some friends. They did it hella early this morning and there was still a party going on at his pad lol.

Sep 12, 2004
www.myspace.com

By the way they raided dudes house that "hacked" Palin's yahoo but I guess he got the heads up and bounced with some friends. They did it hella early this morning and there was still a party going on at his pad lol.
lol yeah i heard about that... its that congress man's son.. LOL

---
By John Leyden • Get more from this author

Posted in Security, 22nd September 2008 09:55 GMT

Federal investigators served a search warrant on a suspect in the Sarah Palin webmail hack case in the early hours of Sunday morning.

They reportedly interrupted a student party to search the apartment of David Kernell, 20, in Knoxville, Tennessee. Reports of the raid itself remain confused amid reports that Kernell and his flatmates fled the scene.

No charges have been filed against Kernell or anyone else yet, but his three roommates have been served with court summons, Wired reports. A grand jury is reportedly due to convene and consider the case in Chattanooga on Tuesday.

Kernell - son of state democrat rep Mike Kernell - came to the attention of the feds after his email address was linked to an admission in a post on the 4Chan discussion board made under the pseudonym of Rubico.

Rubico claimed he was easily able to break into the Republican Vice-Presidential candidate's email account after resetting her password to popcorn, after a modicum of internet research and a little guesswork turned up the likely responses the three challenge questions needed. Palin's date of birth, zip address and information on where she met her husband were all that were needed to reset the [email protected] account.

Not much of political substance was revealed by the attack. Screenshots of the webmail account posted on the net showed the hacker used a web proxy service called Ctunnel.com in an attempt to cover his tracks. But he slipped up badly by posting the full URL of screenshots. As previously reported, Ctunnel.com Gabriel Ramuglia is in touch with federal investigators and willing to turn over Ctunnel.com logs, a move likely to yield valuable clues.

The affair highlights concerns about how easy it might be to reset a target's webmail account. Yahoo!, Gmail and Hotmail all use similar systems. Political questions have also been raised by Palin's use of a webmail account on government business.

Jun 4, 2004
All this money being spent investigating someone hacking an e-Mail account? This is stupid..... they can investigate someone hacking one persons e-Mail, but they can't stop spam and viruses... I guess that's Your Tax Dollars At Work keeping politicians safe and screwing the rest of us.........

and as for that kid... what an idiot, hope he never posted on the Siccness or we all gonna get a Court Summons.