Over Before It Started... BARS Awards

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 15, 2006
www.myspace.com
If you're looking for the perfect recipe for disaster, the BARS Awards had it on lock tonight!

Security was a joke. Personally, I did not have a ticket. Yet I was able to cruise directly to back stage, as did everybody else. I should have never made it past the gate.

One of the opening acts was just awful. And I'm being nice. It was so bad, it was almost enjoyable. Like slowing down to check out a violent car wreck. They did throw Swishers and money out to the audience. That didn't stop the people in the back from booing.

The show itself was not well prepared. The DJ's weren't given any music for some of the artists, which added to delays, which caused people to lose interest, which encouraged people to go cruise around and end up back stage because of the fucked up security.

I felt bad for the artists. This was their time to be recognized and shine a little brighter. The event to honor them was taken away. Not because of their fans, but solely due to poor planning by the event coordinators.

If you're from the Bay, you know how we do it... They should have been better prepared.

All in all it was another missed opportunity for the Bay Area rap scene to get some positive national exposure.

What a disappointment.

Jun 11, 2006
are you talkin about that dumb bitch rapping? i can actually remeber one of her lines. "im going dumb in the club, i got my stunna shades on, and you know im thizzin, cuz im going real stupid". damn, she finna be a legend in a minute.

Apr 12, 2004
GasChamber707 said:
If you're looking for the perfect recipe for disaster, the BARS Awards had it on lock tonight!

Security was a joke. Personally, I did not have a ticket. Yet I was able to cruise directly to back stage, as did everybody else. I should have never made it past the gate.

One of the opening acts was just awful. And I'm being nice. It was so bad, it was almost enjoyable. Like slowing down to check out a violent car wreck. They did throw Swishers and money out to the audience. That didn't stop the people in the back from booing.

The show itself was not well prepared. The DJ's weren't given any music for some of the artists, which added to delays, which caused people to lose interest, which encouraged people to go cruise around and end up back stage because of the fucked up security.

I felt bad for the artists. This was their time to be recognized and shine a little brighter. The event to honor them was taken away. Not because of their fans, but solely due to poor planning by the event coordinators.

If you're from the Bay, you know how we do it... They should have been better prepared.

All in all it was another missed opportunity for the Bay Area rap scene to get some positive national exposure.

What a disappointment.
im just like u bro i had a 100$ ticket didnt even matter i just went way 2 the front wit the rappers man, the public took over man did whatever they wanted and did it movin, the rest of the artist didnt even get there awards.

Sep 15, 2006
www.myspace.com
alhafsnawy said:
are you talkin about that dumb bitch rapping? i can actually remeber one of her lines. "im going dumb in the club, i got my stunna shades on, and you know im thizzin, cuz im going real stupid". damn, she finna be a legend in a minute.
Ya man... she tried to do that "...hyphy hyphy hyphy..." echo thing that Keak does. Did you hear that shit! I was in the third row on the left with Committee Click and 2wiceberg Slym. We were laughin so hard. All except 2wice. I think he was busy plottin on how he was gonna get put on those bitches on a different kind of track.

Aug 18, 2006
alhafsnawy said:
hella funny...

Jan 31, 2006
GasChamber707 said:
Ya man... she tried to do that "...hyphy hyphy hyphy..." echo thing that Keak does. Did you hear that shit! I was in the third row on the left with Committee Click and 2wiceberg Slym. We were laughin so hard. All except 2wice. I think he was busy plottin on how he was gonna get put on those bitches on a different kind of track.

LMAO... anyone know who she was?

Jun 11, 2006
GasChamber707 said:
lol @ hyphy hyphy hyphy

Aug 24, 2006
alhafsnawy said:

hahaha

Nov 7, 2005
not to hate but she was not ready to do a big show like that. she seemed a little nervous and her dancers were stiff and her show looked disorganized. we were saying somebody paid big bread for her to be up here. ypu can not buy your way to the top. you gotta grind. do them little clubs and 18 and up spots. get used to being up there. they had a stretch limo, personal security the whole nine.

Sep 15, 2006
www.myspace.com
pharoah said:
not to hate but she was not ready to do a big show like that. she seemed a little nervous and her dancers were stiff and her show looked disorganized. we were saying somebody paid big bread for her to be up here. ypu can not buy your way to the top. you gotta grind. do them little clubs and 18 and up spots. get used to being up there. they had a stretch limo, personal security the whole nine.
Ya, I agree. I really shouldn't hate, but they were far from ready for that venue. And they probably had to pay (one way or another) to get on stage.

My initial reaction was embarassment for them. They had ZERO confidence. That would have made a difference.

Blame should also be put on their manager/producer for allowing them to think they were ready.

May 12, 2005
alhafsnawy said:
LoL

Apr 11, 2005
www.myspace.com
No one caught the name because she was affiliated with the people giving the show. She did not even have 50 votes in the preliminary voting to get down to the top 6 in the Female of the Year voting. For her to get to perform and put on that type of display was a travesty. Her name was Lolo Swift. Maybe the event organizer can explain that!

Tequila was the only female scheduled to perform at this event with the legendary Mike Mezzy and she got deprived of her opportunity to showcase for all the Bay Area hip hop fans that she is the real deal. Their lost, but we are in negotiations with several major labels as we speak.

Check the profile! New single "The Boss" has been picked up in both New York radio and Fresno. Daily feature request from all over the world, and she is fully endorsed by DJ Pimp. Check out DJ Classic's latest mixtape.

www.myspace.com/tequila

Broyce Batchan
Manager