outside of hiphop,what else do you listen to

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

best guitarist

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I hate the "best guitarist" discussion because what is it really based on? Who has created your favorite song? Most ability? Best ear for music? Biggest catalog of classics?

People like Yngwie Malmstein and Steve Vai could ice a lot of the guys mentioned in terms of ability, but they don't have a lot of great songs. Other arists like Clapton, Santana, and Hendrix have a huge list of classics.

This is one of my favorite guitar songs

Nov 1, 2005
I always trip out on the fact that Dave Grohl was the drummer in Nirvana, then went on to be the lead singer and (rhythm?) guitarist for a really successful group after that. That's pretty damn rare, if not unprecedented. I don't like the Foo Fighters but I give him hella props for that. Nirvana is one of the last great groups that has existed in music.
loinel richie was part of the commadores,sting was part of the police,genisis had peter gabriel and phil collins,jimmy hendrix played for the isley brothers at one point...plenty of stories similar to david grohls in the music world.

Last edited:

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
loinel richie was part of the commadores,sting was part of the police,genisis had peter gabriel and phil collins..plenty of stories similar to david grohls in the music world.
I didn't really think about Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins having a "band" after Genesis but I guess they did. There have been plenty of singers that went on to have solo careers, as singers. That's not what I was talking about. Grohl played the background for his entire Nirvana career (as an underrated drummer) and rarely had backup vocals that were all that noticeable. Then went on to be the lead singer of a group. Usually it is the lead singer that goes on to have a solo career. That has happened quite a bit in music.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
AUSTIN, Texas, (AP) — Rapper Tyler, The Creator, was arrested Saturday for allegedly inciting a riot during a show at the South By Southwest music festival.

Travis County Sheriff’s spokesman Roger Wade said the Odd Future rapper, whose name is Tyler Gregory Okonma, was arrested at Austin-Bergstrom Airport and was likely to be arraigned later Saturday. If convicted of inciting a riot, which is a misdemeanor, he faces up to a year in jail and a $4,000 fine.

His bond was set at $3,500.

The rapper’s publicist declined to comment about the arrest.

Police say the 23-year-old Los Angeles resident incited a large crowd of fans at the annual music conference and festival to push their way past venue employees controlling access to a Thursday show that was already at full capacity.

Officers who were at the scene said in a warrant that Tyler yelled for fans to push their way inside twice, and that a bartender had to protect a woman from injury in the resulting push.

Police released a video from the concert that shows scores of fans bursting through a gate at the Scoot Inn in downtown Austin.

Tyler and members of the Odd Future collective were denied a visa to travel to New Zealand in February after officials there said they were a potential “public threat” because of past troubles, “including incidents at past performances in which they have incited violence.” They pointed to a 2011 incident in which police were called to a comic book store in Boston where fans became unruly.

The group’s manager, Christian Clancy, defended them last month after the New Zealand decision, saying they were young at the time and were being judged too harshly.

May 4, 2007
www.myspace.com
No, he wasn't nice on the strings; he was AMAZING, and 99.999999% of music fans would say he was better. I just personally enjoy Tosin on the gee more.
I was listening to srv in the ride today. He was great but for guitarists I like Clint Strong. He's an old friend of my dad's and actually lived with us for awhile when I was in high school. He was Merle Haggard guitar player. Look him up on YouTube. He's been called one of the greatest improv jazz guitarists that's ever lived.
Aside from that I listen to old rock and metal. GnR, Def Leppard, and I dig slipknot. I like Bob Marley, Hendrix, some country like old hank and Vince Gill. A lil of everything I guess. Right now I really been diggin this Canadian band called Marianas Trench. I got into them when I was locked up in B.C.. their album Fix Me is in my top ten rock albums. Oh sorry, that doesn't sound gangsta. Ok, I only listen to hardcore gangsta rap shit from the hood cuz. Lol