OT: White Rapper on VH1

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2006
Anyone watching this show on VH1. It's a freakin' train wreck. Kind of like Joe Schmo, American Idol, and Survivor thrown into a blender and shredded.

I just flipped by it on accident for the first episode. Definitely worth a good laugh.

nonlinear

Jul 14, 2005
the industry must think people are retarded. take a look at the description of the show. they have to resort to using dildos to get viewers.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
maybe this is before your time, but there used to be a magazine called Ego Trip. That mag was a pure hip hop magazine, would talk shit about commercial artists, show pictures of graff pieces from all over the world, and on the bottom of every single page would be a line from a song or some funny ass comment. they also put out a few books. they enjoy making fun of shit, and thats what this show is about. there's an abundance of white rappers that noone takes seriously because they're white. so why not make money of that? I mean, look at their acts, half are gimmicks, half are lyrical. and in case you haven't noticed, PRINCE FUCKING PAUL is on the show. (and I'm sure he's behind the skits that they show) he is the greatest hip hop comedian producer ever.....not that there's very many of those....or any other ones.....but he's a great producer with outrageously funny material. MC Serch is on there to make sure that these kids know about hip hop.....I watched the first 2 episodes, and the whole thing is a history lesson on hip hop with some "funny things that white people do" thrown in.

I see 2 people in this thread with Ali G in either their sig or avatar, and you mean to tell me you don't like people poking fun at hip hop???????? :confused:

Jun 3, 2006
Defy said:
maybe this is before your time, but there used to be a magazine called Ego Trip. That mag was a pure hip hop magazine, would talk shit about commercial artists, show pictures of graff pieces from all over the world, and on the bottom of every single page would be a line from a song or some funny ass comment. they also put out a few books. they enjoy making fun of shit, and thats what this show is about. there's an abundance of white rappers that noone takes seriously because they're white. so why not make money of that? I mean, look at their acts, half are gimmicks, half are lyrical. and in case you haven't noticed, PRINCE FUCKING PAUL is on the show. (and I'm sure he's behind the skits that they show) he is the greatest hip hop comedian producer ever.....not that there's very many of those....or any other ones.....but he's a great producer with outrageously funny material. MC Serch is on there to make sure that these kids know about hip hop.....I watched the first 2 episodes, and the whole thing is a history lesson on hip hop with some "funny things that white people do" thrown in.

I see 2 people in this thread with Ali G in either their sig or avatar, and you mean to tell me you don't like people poking fun at hip hop???????? :confused:
good post....not to mention prince paul basically made up the whole horrorcore thing and was one of the first,if not first producer to put skits on a record.....anyhow, i likeded that british bitch misfit...i got sumthin she can rap her lips around

Sep 26, 2002
techn9nehq said:
It's a joke, and I'm appalled that MC Search has any part of this. I would have expected someone like Vanilla Ice to host, but not Search. What a travesty.
yeah. never seen it but this cant be good in anyway

i heard serch is gonna have La Coca Nostra on the show as well
serch was with bill in the early days of nonphix and shit

Feb 8, 2006
jr916 said:
good post....not to mention prince paul basically made up the whole horrorcore thing
Is this true? I'd never really heard any of this. I remember him from Stetsasonic and 3 feet high (one of my favorite all-time albums). The first horrocore I remember was Ghetto Boys - my minds playing tricks on me. That was '91. I just remember the Bushwick Bill line "I chopped her up until her guts were like spaghetti". There probably were horror raps before then, but I don't remember them.

nonlinear

Dec 14, 2005
Most of those rappers suck balls..the only one whose any good is the dude from the Bean...

The whole show is fucking stupid...I figured they would have a little more talent than that...

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
word @ the guy who brought up Ego Trip

I think this show is fucking brilliant. It is BOTH making fun of different aspects of hip hop while keeping it real at the same time.

The aim is to point out that, yes, there are hordes of teeny-bopper, suburban, white rappers who claim they are "hip hop" while, at the same time, they are fucking CLUELESS about its roots and aboutwhere it came from.

I mean hello...fucking G-Child! her biggest hip hop influence is Vanilla Ice...the fucking ANTITHESIS of hip hop (and a person who was dissed for it by the show's host).

Many of the show's contestents couldn't name any of the damn hip hop songs that were played during the last episode's challenge!

The bigger girl Persia claims to be hip hop and dropped the N*Bomb like it was nothing

Dasit was toured the Boogie Down Bronx, met Grandmaster fucking Flash, and yet couldn't write a verse about his experience.

COME ON! These clowns will be exposed and the white kids on the show who are hip hop (or who are closer to it than the others) should come out on top. Dasit...EXPOSED and now he's gone. Persia...PUT IN HER PLACE when she had to wear the N*Word necklace...it started to sink in just how clueless she was and she actually felt embarassed. John "King of da Burbz" Brown is supposed to get put in his place by Lord Jamar because of his "ghetto revival" bullshit...I can't fucking WAIT for that.

HOWEVER...some of those kids do have talent. Persia, Sullee, and John Brown are all fairly nice...but even then, they aren't as hip hop as they think they are and this whole show will be a learning experience for them and others like them on the show (while we laugh at their expense) as well as a learning experience for viewer. I wonder how many white suburban kids felt dumb after not knowing any of the songs they playedi n the last show's challenge? or how many learned for the first time who Grandmaster Caz or Kurtis Blow was...

If done right, this show could teach the kiddies a thing or two and I think it will as long as they keep bringing up issues about race, class, and hip hop's history