OT: What's Up with HoboTone?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 30, 2002
Anyone know if Hobotone is comin' out with something new? I saw him twice in Des Moines opening for Tech. I bought hobolavirus off of him at the first concert. Some of the funniest skits were on his album that I"ve heard. Dope cd with tech, lil flip, and others.I was just wondering if anyone knew what he was up to these days?

Law

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.sickmix.com
He got a new album coming out called specis or however you spell it... And look for him on DJRAH2K presents KANSAS CITY the MIXTAPE hosted by pittsburgh philthy

Mar 21, 2003
www.facebook.com
yeah thanks for the info law... his hobolavirus cd is hot.... i been waitin for species for a while now...

why we on the subject of oterh rappers.. n e one know whats up wit bg bulletwound - g 14 or whatever it is called

Dec 4, 2002
speaking of rappers i haven't heard in a while, what's up with greed? he put out an album or thinkin' about it, anything? i heard him on the flames mixtape, that's about it.

Aug 21, 2002
DeirDogg said:
speaking of rappers i haven't heard in a while, what's up with greed? he put out an album or thinkin' about it, anything? i heard him on the flames mixtape, that's about it.

Greed is still shopping for beats last I heard... There was some beats he had that I heard a while ago that I am sure he's trashed by now... Werent too impressive! He was to my knowledge ready to put it down, but I guess money hit him where it hurt...

Isnt that always the damned reason!!!

Sep 11, 2002

Over the past 15 years Anthony Smith (a.k.a.) Hobo Tone has been hard at work producing and rapping for audiences and artists throughout the Midwest. He has collaborated with artists such as Lil’ Flip, Spice 1, and Techn9ne and he’s opened for Ludacris, Lil’ Flip, Mya, Mystical, Eightball, Techn9ne, the late Biggie Smalls and KRS one to name a few. However, after touring with Techn9ne on the “Absolute Power Tour,” Hobo gained an even larger fan base and had an opportunity to deliver his message to thousands of fans throughout the country.

Hobo has just finished his new album Hood Boss . However, Kansas City’s premiere producer and rapper has found his voice in the industry and he’s nearing the top of his game. Smith is taking his music to another level by kicking out tracks for an upcoming independent film “Halfway Home” written by Vin Morreale of VSM Productions. After placing two of his beats on “Breaking and Entering,” a romantic comedy that was also written and directed by Morreale he was asked to contribute to his next project.

The new album Hood Boss features Lil Flip, Celly Cel, Tech N9NE, Hobo Tone (aka) Tony Smith, and Luni Coleone.

Source:Southwest-connection.com

Aug 18, 2002
A lot of new shit from KC coming this Summer/Fall:

Kutt Calhoun - Flamez Mixtape
BG Bulletwound - G14 Classified
3rd Degree - 1981-2005 (Its All Bad)
Donte' Slusha aka Big E - From The Block
Tech N9ne - Everready: The Religion
HoboTone - Hood Boss
Incredible Zig - Underground Icon