OT:doin a sociology project

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 16, 2003
I'm doin a project for my class I'm actually enjoying this one so I'm goin all out for this one

try to be serious please i'm really tryin to do this shit right

I have a survey that i have to do....and hand it out to a lot of people and i'm askin you all to do me a favor and just fill it out nothin major it'z a short survey but please be truthful i'm not payin attention to who fillz this out i'm just collecting the data

the topic is this: Does the way race is portrayed in movies affect people's outlooks towards that culture?

How old are you?

What is your race, as you believe it to be?

Is racism still a big issue in America?

Do American movies encourage any kind of racism?

Do foreign movies encourage any kind of racism?

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in American movies, if any?

Do you watch Asian movies? (Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, etc.)

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Asian movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be.

Do you watch European movies?

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in European movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be.

Do you watch Desi movies?(India, Pakistan, etc aka Bollywood, Lollywood, Telugu, etc)

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Desi movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be.

Do you watch Latin movies? (Mexico, Cuba, Brazil, etc.)

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Latin movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be.

Do you watch African movies?

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in African movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be.

Have you ever watched a movie that changed your view of another race?

If so, which movies?

Do you think that the way race is portrayed in movies affects people’s outlooks towards that culture?

For everyone who fillz this out, thanx a lot i really appreciate it!

if you can, send it to other people to answer and send to me i'd appreciate that too

one luv peace mon

Ian

Sep 23, 2002
www.wannabattle.com
How old are you?

What is your race, as you believe it to be?
human

Is racism still a big issue in America?
yes

Do American movies encourage any kind of racism?
yes

Do foreign movies encourage any kind of racism?
yes

where i live... blacks

Do you watch Asian movies? (Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, etc.)
they make movies?

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Asian movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be.
white people

yes

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in European movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be.
jamaicans

Do you watch Desi movies?(India, Pakistan, etc aka Bollywood, Lollywood, Telugu, etc)
they have movies, too?

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Desi movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be.
africans

Do you watch Latin movies? (Mexico, Cuba, Brazil, etc.)
yes

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Latin movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be.
mexicans

Do you watch African movies?
no

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in African movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be.
africans

yes

If so, which movies?
Every movie i watch.

Do you think that the way race is portrayed in movies affects people’s outlooks towards that culture?
yes, subliminaly.

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
Gravy...i'm getting my masters degree in sociology :)

the topic is this: Does the way race is portrayed in movies affect people's outlooks towards that culture?

How old are you? 24

What is your race, as you believe it to be? cracker

Is racism still a big issue in America? yes...HUGE (i've noticed all the way through this survey you've used "racism" when it seems you mean to use "racial stereotyping". racism is more an act based on racial stereotyping. of course the sociological definition is even more complex, and usually involves how race leads to a system of advantage and disadvantage)

Do American movies encourage any kind of racism? yes (do you really mean encourage or do you mean perpetuate?)

Do foreign movies encourage any kind of racism? probably (haven't seen many...and see above)

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in American movies, if any? tough to tell. do you mean "most" as in "most often stereotyped" or "most negatively affected". these two are entirely different. Asians usually stereotyped as martial artists or computer nerds, even in big roles. Blacks, on the other hand, have managed to get some big roles, but when they ARE stereotyped the stereotype itself is usually more negative, revolving around violence, laziness, etc.

Do you watch Asian movies? (Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, etc.) no

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Asian movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. i would say "if you don't watch, skip this question" might provide more valid findings....

no

Do you watch Desi movies?(India, Pakistan, etc aka Bollywood, Lollywood, Telugu, etc) no

Do you watch Latin movies? (Mexico, Cuba, Brazil, etc.) no

Do you watch African movies? no

no...no movie has changed my views entirely, and rarely are simple issues of race brought to my attention that i haven't already thought about...

Do you think that the way race is portrayed in movies affects people’s outlooks towards that culture? 110%

Jul 22, 2004
How old are you? 19

What is your race, as you believe it to be? white

Is racism still a big issue in America? yes

Do American movies encourage any kind of racism? some

Do foreign movies encourage any kind of racism? Probably/not sure

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in American movies, if any? African Americans

Do you watch Asian movies? (Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, etc.) No

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Asian movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. White?

Do you watch European movies? Some

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in European movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. Eachother

Do you watch Desi movies?(India, Pakistan, etc aka Bollywood, Lollywood, Telugu, etc) No

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Desi movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. Everyone?

Do you watch Latin movies? (Mexico, Cuba, Brazil, etc.) Some

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Latin movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. Mexican

Do you watch African movies? Some

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in African movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. African Americans

Have you ever watched a movie that changed your view of another race? nawwww

If so, which movies? ----

Do you think that the way race is portrayed in movies affects people’s outlooks towards that culture? Some Yes, espically younger kids

Jan 28, 2005
How old are you? 17

What is your race, as you believe it to be? caucasion

Is racism still a big issue in America? to some extent

Do American movies encourage any kind of racism? yes they do

Do foreign movies encourage any kind of racism? yes they do

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in American movies, if any? african americans, definately.

Do you watch Asian movies? (Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, etc.) Yes, I do and I have.

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Asian movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. They switch it up, those asian are too tricky for my dumb white ass.

Do you watch European movies? nope.

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in European movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be......

Do you watch Desi movies?(India, Pakistan, etc aka Bollywood, Lollywood, Telugu, etc) No I do not.

Do you watch Latin movies? (Mexico, Cuba, Brazil, etc.) No.

Do you watch African movies? Not the native ones.

Have you ever watched a movie that changed your view of another race? American History X. It made me want to kill white people with shaved heads.

If so, which movies? (see above)

Do you think that the way race is portrayed in movies affects people’s outlooks towards that culture? Yes, it does...but on an unconcious level. I think to help your sociology report, theres a test that would help you at...

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/selectatest.html

obviously, you're going to want to take the race test.

results from that test would prove that most (if not all) people are racially biased.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
How old are you? 21

What is your race, as you believe it to be? Caucasian

Is racism still a big issue in America? Yes, but I think it has gotten better than it was in the past.

Do American movies encourage any kind of racism? Yes

Do foreign movies encourage any kind of racism? ? I don't know.

African Americans

Do you watch Asian movies? (Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, etc.) No

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Asian movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. Caucasians

Do you watch European movies? No

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in European movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. Caucasians

Do you watch Desi movies?(India, Pakistan, etc aka Bollywood, Lollywood, Telugu, etc) No

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Desi movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. Caucasians

Do you watch Latin movies? (Mexico, Cuba, Brazil, etc.) No

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Latin movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. Caucasians

Do you watch African movies? No

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in African movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. Caucasians

Have you ever watched a movie that changed your view of another race? Yes

If so, which movies? American History X and Greenmile

Do you think that the way race is portrayed in movies affects people’s outlooks towards that culture? Yes

Jan 12, 2003
How old are you? 23, almost 24

What is your race, as you believe it to be? cock asian

Is racism still a big issue in America? couldn't tell ya....I work and gamble too fuckin much

Do American movies encourage any kind of racism? Yes. Whenever I see a jap in a gas station I always say "You not a drink beer in sto" and "HURRY UP AND BUY"

Do foreign movies encourage any kind of racism? who the fuck watches foreign movies anyways? Imma go w/ no

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in American movies, if any? All races. Cuz there's different kinds of racism for everybody...believe it or not.

Do you watch Asian movies? (Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, etc.) No...but I seen this Jap once and wanted to MAKE a movie w/ her. Nice titties.. :cool:

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Asian movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. Couldn't tell ya cuz I don't understand shit they're saying.....its too jiberish for me.

Do you watch European movies? No. But I own the movie "Euro Trip". That one white chick in there looks kinda good in some parts. I'd say she's fuck-able"

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in European movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. Not even gonna assume......BUT I'm going to assume that you yourself and from a far away land cuz these questions are getting more lame as the clock ticks.

Do you watch Desi movies?(India, Pakistan, etc aka Bollywood, Lollywood, Telugu, etc) WTF is Bollywood or Lollywood? I also couldn't think of anything clever to say using the word morning wood...so I'll just move on.

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Desi movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. Don't know and don't care.

Do you watch Latin movies? (Mexico, Cuba, Brazil, etc.) No. and i regret doing this damn survey now. I can't even have fun w/ this...

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Latin movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. Don't know...so we'll go w/ Etheopians. Is that even a race?

Do you watch African movies? Most of my movies have them in it at some point. But nothing from the mother land.

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in African movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. whites.....cuz its their chance to get back at us *:makes and evil laugh:*

Have you ever watched a movie that changed your view of another race? No this question is better than that other crap you threw at us. Yes.

If so, which movies? I don't really care to go look at my movies at this present time. Gotta get ready for work soon

Do you think that the way race is portrayed in movies affects people’s outlooks towards that culture? Definately. I've never seen any old Japanese man NOT work in a gas station in the ghetto. True story

Jun 22, 2004
How old are you? ------ 14

What is your race, as you believe it to be? ------ Cacausasian

Is racism still a big issue in America? ------- Yes

Do American movies encourage any kind of racism? ------Yes

Do foreign movies encourage any kind of racism? ------Somewhat

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in American movies, if any? -----Jews (if its a race) Mexiconos, Blacks

Do you watch Asian movies? (Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, etc.) ----- Not really

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Asian movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. ---- N/A

Do you watch European movies? ------ No.

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in European movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. N/A

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Desi movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. ----- N/A

Do you watch Latin movies? (Mexico, Cuba, Brazil, etc.) ---- No

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in Latin movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. ----- N/A

Do you watch African movies? No

Which race do you feel experiences the most racism in African movies? If you don’t watch, then give what you assume the answer would be. ------ Whites.

Have you ever watched a movie that changed your view of another race? ------ Yes

If so, which movies? ------- Greenmile, sum movies on the Holocaost

Do you think that the way race is portrayed in movies affects people’s outlooks towards that culture? ------- Yes, lil kids are very influenceable... (uve currupted my fragile little mind)

-sam