OT: A letter to Herm Edwards

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 10, 2005
* Note* I posted this in the sports section but thought I would put it here as well.

Dear Herm,
As a life long Chiefs fan let me say that I have never been more embarrassed to support the Red and Gold as I have been since you have taken over as head coach. You are slowly destroying everything I love. You have single handedly destroyed the offense and after years of needing an offensive line you draft one player expecting him to fix everything. You blame the defense for a loss when our offense only averages 10 points or less. Just a note 21 points is not a lot, it is average in the NFL.
The final straw for me was last Sunday when you allowed Oakland to come into sacred Arrowhead and beat us. Not just beat us but dominate us. What bothers me worse than that was that Arrowhead was only at 85% capacity with 5-10% of that Oakland fans. Arrowhead has been sold out for a decade and now we can’t sell out against our most hated rivals????? Not only that but we now allow their fans into our stadium?????
I have supported the Chiefs when they were bad but this is a whole new level of suck. You have not only made them bad but boring to watch at the same time with your “we play to keep it close until the 4th”. I want a head coach that plays to win no matter what. I want a head coach that can get my team fired up, especially when we are playing our hated rivals. I want a coach that takes the fault whenever he makes mistakes, not one that tells the fans to “just get over it.” I want a coach that makes getting up at 7 am and driving 2 hours to Kansas City worth it on a Sunday morning. I want you to leave Kansas City now.
That is why I am starting the Paper Bag Brigade. I still have tickets to go to the Titans game and the Dolphins game, and you can find me there with a paper bag over my head that reads FIRE HERM. You will find me before and during the games handing out the bags to all the fans who are tired of you destroying our team. Some fans have already started protesting by not attending the home games. Now I hope the fans that do go to the game protest as well. Hopefully Clark Hunt will pay attention and hire us a new coach, a coach we deserve.
Sincerely,
Nathan Pierson
Columbia Mo

May 8, 2008
maybe you can start draftin somethin up for Coach Brad Childress also..... the Vikings are not so hot right now, lol

Dec 14, 2005
Yup.

The chiefs are horrible.

But it comes down to the players, not the coach. Fucking Lombardi would have a hellava hard time getting a win with that team...

You guys dont need a better draft strategy, yall need a plane crash that wipes out the entire team except for maybe LJ and Dwayne Bowe.

Start fresh. Theyd have a better chance than they have now...

Sep 1, 2006
Yup.

The chiefs are horrible.

But it comes down to the players, not the coach. Fucking Lombardi would have a hellava hard time getting a win with that team...

You guys dont need a better draft strategy, yall need a plane crash that wipes out the entire team except for maybe LJ and Dwayne Bowe.

Start fresh. Theyd have a better chance than they have now...
Yeah because LJ is running for how many yards a game? Yeah it has a lot to do with the O line but still. It is horrible.

Nov 14, 2003
maybe you can start draftin somethin up for Coach Brad Childress also..... the Vikings are not so hot right now, lol
according to a text i got from espn, childress made the second smartest decision ever as head coach for the vikings, he is benching tjac and starting ferrotte the rest of the way. the smartest decision obviously was drafting adrian. will it get us more wins? more then with tjac leading things. will we have a chance in the superbowl? no fucking way. i say we will make the first round of the playoffs and lose to dallas, or better yet, greenbay (we would be the wildcard team of course).

Aug 31, 2006
^^ i agree

Jacksons been suckin it up and the only thing Minn. has going for them is AP.

Though the defense aint too bad. Its like the team has done a complete switch from a couple years ago. The offense was amazing and defense shitty. now its the complete opposite.

Jun 10, 2005
^^ i agree

Jacksons been suckin it up and the only thing Minn. has going for them is AP.

Though the defense aint too bad. Its like the team has done a complete switch from a couple years ago. The offense was amazing and defense shitty. now its the complete opposite.
Its because we now have a head coach who thinks that 21 points is a lot of points. He plays put up field goals, not touchdowns and has ignored our offense for the last 2 seasons ( with the exception of drafting Dwayne Bowe)

Nov 7, 2006
fuck LJ that bitch got his payday and now he aint puttin in work no more.
um no he had a good season cause he was unexpected. but once when teams gameplan against you and ur still as good as u looked when u blewup then u know ur good like LT or Tom Brady or Peyton. LJ was a one hit wonder.

Sep 30, 2002
um no he had a good season cause he was unexpected. but once when teams gameplan against you and ur still as good as u looked when u blewup then u know ur good like LT or Tom Brady or Peyton. LJ was a one hit wonder.
UM, he had more than one good season bro, he is the second leading rusher in franchise history for a franchise that had predominately (with the exception of a few years) been a running team. He had the best 2 or 3 year stretch in the history of football. Look it up. I don't have the time but I am pretty sure I am right on.

Jun 22, 2007
you are right on. He was unstoppable when Priest got hurt in 04 and 05. In 06 he did the same. Last season, the O Line was a disgrace and he got hurt because of all the carries he took on the year before. Hes not a one hit wonder.