old school bay > new bay ..tr00f? discuss

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 14, 2003
I'm bored....about to each some steak, so.....old bay...does it for me. Even though new bay dudes seemed to be more sophisticated and somewhat hungry, old bay had more original sound.
I'll sit back read other posts.

Nov 1, 2004
damn tough question, i like the old Bay just cause its better to mob to in ya car, but the new shit rips up the club ya know.
either way, i like em both

Aug 7, 2003
old bay by far their sound was original. all this hyphy shit was the same style pretty much that crunk was doing couple years ago. only about 5 songs in the last 5 years can touch the old hits.

Apr 20, 2005
yea old school has its originality the new school does sound the same hyphy shit is kinda getting played out (IMO) That BlockBuster On mistah fabs "Tonight show" (I think dats what its called) is tight tho. . .it has dat old school feel to it. But to answer the question OLD Bay > New Bay

Oct 31, 2003
Too soon to tell...I think that we only remember the best of the Old Bay shit. We arn't mentioning all of the garbage shit that was going on side by side with the classic matterial. Now we are in the moment and it is hard to tell what's good and what's bad. In a few years as the cream rises to the top I bet their will be classics from the New Bay and truth be told they already have a list of bangers under their belt. Honestly it doesn't matter aslong as they rep the Bay, I'm fuckin with them...Old or New.

Jun 16, 2005
the old bay nobody could fuck with rappin ron,ant diddley dog,ant banks the old too $hort before he started fucking with lil jon too much and the old E-40..... was mr ill from the bay i always thought he was but i read somewhere that he was from the south but mr ill is hella tight..... but to me the hardest rapper ever from the bay is rappin ron imo

Jan 6, 2003
Old Bay outscores the new bay any day. I have not found any track on any album of today's club beat based bay rap that can reach up to the standards of the shit from 94-97.

May 10, 2002
STREETFIGHT THATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NOW AND BACK THEN, WHEN YOU BOUGHT A CERTAIN ARTISTS ALBUM BACK THEN THAT YOU LIKED YOU WERE DAMN GURANTEED TO HAVE A DOPE ALBUM, OLD BAY KILLS THE NEW BAY ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Mar 16, 2004
The old bay. IMP, RBL, GLP, UDI, 11-5, cellski , fly nate the banksta, etc. that just frisco. I bumped the old bay. For insistance when i bumped a classic like fly nate the banksta everyone wants that shit that old frisco sound.

Jul 24, 2005
ah man old skool dre dog,san quinn, 11/5,messy marv, cougnut..theres too many

the new bay is crackin too, alotta club bangers, rik rok beats.

Jun 27, 2005
STREETFIGHT said:
Too soon to tell...I think that we only remember the best of the Old Bay shit. We arn't mentioning all of the garbage shit that was going on side by side with the classic matterial. Now we are in the moment and it is hard to tell what's good and what's bad. In a few years as the cream rises to the top I bet their will be classics from the New Bay and truth be told they already have a list of bangers under their belt. Honestly it doesn't matter aslong as they rep the Bay, I'm fuckin with them...Old or New.
Smartest shit I read on the siccness in a long time. I agree with this but at the same time, the best songs in 96 is killin the best songs from now. I think the Bay aint really bein itself right now. I think all this club shit is the Bay trying to adjust to an industry that dont give a fuck about us in our natural state. Hyphy shit is tight but remember when the Bay could put out whatever the fuck it wanted and it would do good regardless? remember when you could buy an album on word of mouth and you never even heard it before and you was never disappointed? I bought a lot of classic shit that way back then. These days it dont seem like you could make a classic record even if you took all the best songs from the new artists and put em on one cd.