nuendo

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
And no, I don't run nuendo, and I no longer run cubase sx. Both programs are great IMHO. My workflow is faster within pro tools, but I've had mixes that sounded better to me coming out of cubase sx (which was output through a 002R). Nuendo and cubase are almost the same, but I would choose Nuendo (over cubase) if I were doing a lot of post production, 5:1 and dvd authoring work.

Oct 2, 2006
As much as I hated on Cakewalk forever I actually really like the workflow in Sonar, feels a bit more intuitive than Cubase for me.
Also really like how they're quick to support new technologies like 64bit, shits all personal preference tho.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Even though you own both there is still no comparison. One is a fully functional program that has no limitations written into the softwares code (besides dongle/ilok or whatever protection they now use), and it doesn't need specific hardware to run. The other is proprietary software, which would still be crippled even if it weren't proprietary. Cubase SE, Pro Tools LE and Logic Express are all entry level products. Does that mean they are bad or you can't get good results? Nope. It just means it ain't the cream of the crop, when it comes to things like plugin delay compensation, plugin cpu usage, track count, etc.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I have a question about using different kinds of DAW software..

How easy is it to lets say bring a project into pro tools into another like cubase and vice versa? Is it all together or do you have to import it wav by wav? Like will cubase read a pro tools session file and put everything where its supposed to be?

I personally like pro tools just cuz its the first DAW software I used that was easy to use The changes they made on 7 are great. I first learned on logic and that shit is a pain in the ass to do everything, that shit is a beast too though when you get used to it just like every other DAW. I'm sure you can be a beast with sonar or live if they get used to that particular DAWs workflow.

Also is there a PC versian of AMS? Hopefully I'm saying the right thing here but on a mac they had this MIDI control/routing software and it was really nice and i believe it comes stock on macs i believe thats what it was called. Havn't been on a mac in a second

May 14, 2006
i already own cubase sx but i was looken at protools and nuendo 3.i was thinken bout getten nuendo 1 but could'nt afford tha price back then.but im builden a whole new studio looken to get a mac g5 and run just tha tighest shit i could buy.im on a pc right now fucken wit cubase and acid 6.
thanks tah all yall for your feedback though.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
InsaneMixaken said:
The writer of this topic is just askin about Nuendo so I gave him my opinion since I own various programs. Now if he could afford an HD system I think he would have bought one already. Im just giving him a general idea.
Cuzzo, the only thing I'm sayin is you are comparing the cream of the crop to something that is basically half-assed.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
jayda650 said:
I have a question about using different kinds of DAW software..

How easy is it to lets say bring a project into pro tools into another like cubase and vice versa? Is it all together or do you have to import it wav by wav? Like will cubase read a pro tools session file and put everything where its supposed to be?

I personally like pro tools just cuz its the first DAW software I used that was easy to use The changes they made on 7 are great. I first learned on logic and that shit is a pain in the ass to do everything, that shit is a beast too though when you get used to it just like every other DAW. I'm sure you can be a beast with sonar or live if they get used to that particular DAWs workflow.

Also is there a PC versian of AMS? Hopefully I'm saying the right thing here but on a mac they had this MIDI control/routing software and it was really nice and i believe it comes stock on macs i believe thats what it was called. Havn't been on a mac in a second
You'll need OMF to import the session, if not all the tracks must have the same start time. If I'm not mistaken I think Logic opens pro tools sessions/files, but I haven't worked in that app in YEARS so DON'T quote me on that. But importing wav by wav isn't a long process that needs to be done piece by piece. With PT 7 you can add the files directly to the session and in 6.X all you needed to do was import, select the tracks, convert (if they needed to be converted) and wait while your computer added the tracks (time spent on this depends on speed of computer and size of files.)

Pro tools is easy for most people because you're basically only dealing with two screens, but with the other apps its like 5 or more screens you deal with.

If track count is your thing and you absolutely need over 48 stereo tracks (thats the highest you'll get with an LE or M-powered system) I suggest you bypass Pro Tools LE and M-powered and go with Nuendo or TDM if you can afford it. If compatiblility with clients and plugin use is your thing I suggest you go with an LE system (or higher.)

But on the real, I feel what Insane is saying and yes it DOES blow LE away, but I think a more important question you should probably be asking is what interface/sound card you should get and the pros and cons of each.

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
I use Nuendo and Cubase SX. Nuendo on PC (Creation Station Pro) and Cubase on the Mac (G4). I sequence beats on Cubase, and I track audio and mix with Nuendo, and use the Wave Diamond Bundle for effects and processing tools. Nuendo has an unlimited amount of Audio tracks(As much as your PC can handle). I use a MOTU 24I for audio tracking. My sound is just as clean as recording out of your average mid level studio. Of course High end studios can afford all of the bells and whistles, but for what I have, I'll never have to spend another dime except on mastering. Nuendo is definitely top shelf for recording and mixing audio.

Apr 25, 2002
CSIDERICHCITY said:
i already own cubase sx but i was looken at protools and nuendo 3.i was thinken bout getten nuendo 1 but could'nt afford tha price back then.but im builden a whole new studio looken to get a mac g5 and run just tha tighest shit i could buy.im on a pc right now fucken wit cubase and acid 6.
thanks tah all yall for your feedback though.
i'll sell you nuendo 3...for real
get at me

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
What do you mean so? You just told the man shit doesn't come cheap, but now you are saying "Sell man theres cracked versions all over the net! Cubase 4 is the lick tho". You don't see a problem with that? Not only are you contradicting what you just told him, but now you're blockin a potential sale by suggesting a crack AND by suggesting cubase 4. WTF?!?!?:confused:

Dec 29, 2002
www.facebook.com
I said theres cracks all over the net. If dude was gonna sell him a legit version not a crack then thats all good. But Cubase 4 is the shit basically its Nuendo 3 and some. Im not in the business to rip anyone off by selling a crack version but Ill put it out there the app is on the net..I am a registered user of Steinberg because their programs are the lick!