Not so fast people ...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 19, 2005
I understand people being excited because E-40 is on TV right now. Keep in mind you're going to be seeing and hearing a lot from E-40. This is normal for any artist on a major label right around the time his record is to be released. Keep things in perspective and don't get TOO excited for things that haven't happened yet (case in point - TBIB).

Give it time. If you don't, you may be in for a big let down.

Keepin it realistic,

The Last Word

nofx

Sicc OG
Apr 14, 2005
Thats coo but its been quite a few years since the bay hass seen this much national exposure, i say enjoy it while it lasts

Apr 19, 2005
nofx said:
Not alot yet, but the best is yet to come.
I believe so as well. Just let it get there. All of this hootin and hollerin before deals are signed and videos are played aint gon make the shit go any faster.

We have to our part to try to get 40 & Keak on one of these countdowns tho. Cats want that instant gratification so when they don't immediately see Tell Me When To Go on one of these countdowns, they give up and stop voting when they need to KEEP voting to get it on there.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
The Last Word said:
Other than Tell Me When To Go and Superhyphy (to a certain extent) what other exposure has come to the bay?
true... but thats how it starts... it just takes one song

look at Texas... Mike Jones came with "Still Tippin" and Texas rap blew up

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
RAPresentah said:
yah i hear that, but southern rap was kickin way before that single
so was the bay.

Am I alone in not wanting the bay to blow up?
I want my favorite artists to get the respect/money they deserve but at the same point look at the houston scene. Or anyother rap scene that as blown up for that matter. They get watered down and played out. I'd rather the bay get their respect, but not necissarily blow up.

Jan 14, 2006
i feel you on dat Mac.....i mean....i don't care if the bay blow or not....imma still feel dat shit till I die. bay rap/hip hop is better than all that wack bullshit in the mainstream.

Feb 23, 2003
The Last Word said:
I understand people being excited because E-40 is on TV right now. Keep in mind you're going to be seeing and hearing a lot from E-40. This is normal for any artist on a major label right around the time his record is to be released. Keep things in perspective and don't get TOO excited for things that haven't happened yet (case in point - TBIB).

Give it time. If you don't, you may be in for a big let down.

Keepin it realistic,

The Last Word
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY

Jan 17, 2006
from trhe post ive seen from u, u r a very negative person....u just hate on wat every1 says, just calm da fuck dat wit all dis...u just seem to want every1 to know that u think they aint as smart as u or some shit

Jan 14, 2006
MAC DRIZZA said:
from trhe post ive seen from u, u r a very negative person....u just hate on wat every1 says, just calm da fuck dat wit all dis...u just seem to want every1 to know that u think they aint as smart as u or some shit
like I said in the 40 used thizz first thread,

what the fuck are you talkin about?

Jan 17, 2006
dR3 VaN HaL3n said:
like I said in the 40 used thizz first thread,

what the fuck are you talkin about?
im talkin bout The Last Word dumb fuck....it dont involve u....get off his nuts....dis nikka stay hatin on whoeva speaks dey mind....and u stay on his nuts