NO DISRESPECT- on GP, is the SICCNESS really a waist of ARTIST's time???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 11, 2003
www.cali-rap.com
JUST A QUESTION. ?. no dis'spect!

Really, how many of you colaborate?
How may of you Network?
How many of you actually sell CD??

cus artist dont buy other artist shit!
and major playa's are the only ones that really sell,,,, and they aint on here posting every day. loggin !!

HOW MANY AND LONG YOU BEEN LOGIN ON FO? HOW MANY TIMES A DAY? HOW MANY POST'S SHOW YOUR Album COVER?

Honestly--------------????

Now, really is the SICCNESS just a PIPE dream, or does IT REALLY help YOUR CD SALES$??????

REAL TALK!
PLEASE!!

:dead:

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
obviously school was a WAIST of time for you. are you upset because none of the artists will sign your mouse pad???

noWetaG

Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2002
GateWonProduct.com
:eek: ^^LOL

me personally promoting my music is 1 of the last things
i think bout when im on here....
if people like what they hear coo...
if not hey, maybe i can improve on sumthing
(like life itself, u never stop learning)
or @ least take their opinion n consideration...
i make music 4 myself more than anything.....
so all that will i sell is irrelevant.....
im a hustler by nature & a businessman......
but my arts integrity is sacred 2 me....

as a fan of music i buy shit i can listen 2
5 years later and its still trump tight..........
imo any artist that doesnt contribute
2 supportin their peers doin their thing wont make it far......
and my covers been posted 0 (ZERO) times
but u can search 4 the ART forum
4 other peoples projects ive done....

u might be able 2 piss on sum peoples parade w/this post....
but im not 1 of them.....imma do my thing with or without the internet.

Apr 25, 2002
Obviously you're new and dont understand what the siccness is about. Whoever told you that its a site for promoting and getting sales misinformed you...this is a site for hip hop fans to discuss music and anything else going on in their lives. After a while it evolved into a great networking tool as well...but that certainly isnt the main focus of the board. Trust me...nobody comes on the siccness thinking "man...if I come on here everyday and promote my ass off, Ill eventually make it big!"...at least, I sure hope nobody does.

Apr 22, 2002
www.siccness.net
A pipe dream? This is an online community that is fortunate to have the artists that make the music that this site is based on actually here. None of us ever said that if you promote your album, you're gonna sell 10's of thousands of copies. Use this site to put your music out there and get uncensored feedback..

We get 13-15 million hits a month, but that doesn't guarantee anything. But from my own experience, there are a lot of connections that have come from this site, but it's what you make of it and how you carry yourself. I'd just be yourself and post when you have something to say and if you click with some people, then go with that, but don't expect it to take you anywhere..

Vamps
IX.

Jan 7, 2003
Yeaaa what;s up..? Man I luv tha Siccness I met some coo New Unsigned Rappers on here. We collab. and share beats.. share Recording tips.. and Exchange Tracks and We help each other in music. n shit.. we even promote shit.. But i just first started comin here. jus to talk about music..and kick it. It just happened by chance that i started meetin coo peeps.. I got to hear some SICC new rappers,. and i even bought they shit.. And all kinds of rappers post links to they sites.. and we exchange.. info.. some of us collab. and I KNOW rappers makin sales cuase i bought some albums.. from peeps i was really feelin... So I dont think tha Siccness is a Pipe dream.. if you know what you doing you can reach hella peeps.. and Start workin with other rappers.. LIke Vamps.. said there's nothing that gaurantee's.. you gonna make it big just cuase you promote in tha siccness.. But it;s a good way to start tha internet in General is a great way to promote.. ur self.. So yeaaaa from my experience. I meet new rappers everyday.. and artists will buy other atists Music. if they really like it.. so yeaaa i think tha siccness isn't made for promotion.. but you can use it for that.. and all i can say if show peeps a sample of ur music.. and then promote ur CD cover.. adn shit. then.. if they like what they hear they might wanna collab or get ur shit. I know this from Experience on tha Siccness.. so yeaaa im out.. now.. Peace.