Nintendo steals the show at E3

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 7, 2002
If success was judged by the size of the queues at this week's E3 games expo, then Nintendo would win hands down.

As E3 entered its final hours on Friday afternoon, the queues to play the PS3 had vanished.

At that price [PS3], enthusiasts were expecting to be blown away by the games at E3 but left disappointed.

"They [PS3] are saying the next generation begins when we say it begins, but at the moment what they are showing isn't bearing that out.

In the end, the success of the systems is often determined by the quality and variety of games available, rather than processing power or crisp graphics.

you can read rest at the bbc
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4767807.stm

Feb 9, 2003
Oh Coy!Ocerto said:
Hmm....thats a load of shit if you ask me....
No, that's actually been historically proven.

From the Atari going against the Coleco to the SNES going against the Sega Genesis with it's 32bit games and even the Sega CD and even more recently the PS2 going against the X-Box.

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
Some people just don't get the fact that great gameplay will triumph over great graphics every single time. A game could look exactly like real life, but if it's boring as fuck to play, nobody is going to want to play it. I seriously think that unless Sony does something absolutely huge, that they will fall to the number 3 spot, right behind Microsoft. Before E3, I thoght a lot differently, I figured that Ps3 would be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but after E3, it just looks like a mildly better 360, for $200 more. I'll save the $200 and put it towards the Wii.

Apr 25, 2002
MEXICANCOMMANDO said:

From the Atari going against the Coleco to the SNES going against the Sega Genesis with it's 32bit games and even the Sega CD and even more recently the PS2 going against the X-Box.
very true

May 9, 2002
MEXICANCOMMANDO said:

Its all opinion...i like good gameplay and great graphics...and if a game has SHITTY graphics...and great play...i might pass...nothin worse than lookin at pure shit....

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
See I am 25 and I guess you have to be from the oldschool to appreciate things like this. I grew up on Nintendo where you had to blow into the damn system and then the game itself to make it work. all the little pressing tricks when the game was inserted and then the thrill of knowing it finally worked and you can now play super Mario bros after 20min of waiting to get it to work. NES and SNES games had originality too it. Games now days just don’t have the same fun as older games. When I worked at radio shack around Xmas time we had XaviX Virtual Game system with the baseball game.

http://www.xavix.com/products/baseball.htm
The graphics on this were not that great but the fact you had to use a bat and act like you were actually doing it made it fun and addicting as hell to the point we almost forgot we were working when we hooked the demo up. The point I am trying to make is this, All the other systems out there are focusing on better graphics and better chips and Nintendo decides to go with a game system that focuses more on virtual game play with its motion sensor controller, to me this is going to be much more fun than just sitting there pressing buttons. I mean shit how many of you already know someone who plays a racing game and lifts the controller up at a jump or at a left turn in the race turns the controller too the left lolol its instinct I guess but it just shows how much more people want to be part of the game. Look at arcades. Daytona USA is still popular as hell because you are actually racing and doing something. I tried playing this same game for pc just using a game pad and it was no where near as fun. I think Nintendo going the direction they are will be a good thing. I have not liked Nintendo shit in the past IE n64 Nintendo Game cube cause they didn’t offer much but this new shit looks kind of tight. Wouldn’t mind trying out a baseball game with this although I don’t see how a basketball game would work or anything like that since the controller looks like a remote or something.