Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2006
Don't get me wrong, if you can get a healthy Peyton Manning, you do it in a heartbeat. But if he goes somewhere else, Alex Smith is my first choice.

Alex Smith is your choice because of last season? come on brother, you know he doesn't have it in him to win superbowls ..

Now that they've brought in some big threat WR's ... Alex Smith is not the answer for them and Jim Harbaugh knows it..

In order to win a SB you need a QB that can actually read the field and get to his WR's ...Alex Smith can't do that..

Only reason he was able to reach V. Davis because those plays are part of the limited plays that were used for him ...

Crabtree was not happy because of the way they used him and how limited was the playbook for him....

but you bring in Peyton, that changes everything ...... you will see 2-3 TD's a game and that's a fact!

Sep 24, 2006
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-dolphins-on-sunday?module=HP11_breaking_news

Free-agent quarterback Alex Smith is visiting the Dolphins' team facility on Sunday, a league source tells NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora.

Former Packers QB Matt Flynn also visited the team over the weekend.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai
The San Francisco Chronicle reported on Saturday the 49ers have offered Smith a three-year, $24 million contract that the quarterback is weighing. However, the team is also believed to be a finalist for the services of Peyton Manning.

Smith reportedly might sever ties with longtime agent Tom Condon, who also represents Manning.

"I never thought a year ago (Peyton) Manning would be a free agent either," Smith told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel upon arriving in Miami on Sunday morning. "I'm never surprised by anything."

The Dolphins also courted Manning, but learned late last week they were not in the running to land the star QB.

Jan 12, 2006
I don't see our GM dropping that kind of money on Flynn unless Harbaugh thinks Flynn can be a starter in this league. Think that the 49ers must not think much of him since they have never even slightly hinted at being interested or felt the need to pursue him. Although I bet our front office has prepared themselves for a worst case scenario where they lose out on smith and manning. Who that replacement would be? I don't know and i don't think anyone outside the front office would know at this moment. Kap? Tolzien? Rookie?? Free Agent?

As for myself I would rather go with Kap or someone like hasselbeck if the 49ers where in that position. I think Flynn is over hyped and wouldn't pay him anymore then we gave Alex last year. 1 year 5 million, which obviously is a pipe dream. Some team is going to cash him out.

Jan 12, 2006
Clay Travis ‏ @ClayTravisBGID
Source close to Manning says Titans have weathered 49er storm and to expect presser by Tuesday at latest.

Clay Travis ‏ @ClayTravisBGID
Titans have now been Manning leader since Wednesday and source says nothing since has happened to change that.

Jan 12, 2006
D @D-MK nonsharpe
Just going by what I've heard thru the tea leaves. RT T @Tsar-M imusControl D @D-MK nonSharpe did Peyton chose Titans for sure?

J @JMoney2105 TitansNews
Per my team source "Peyton will hold a press conference on Tues to announce #Titans as his choice" @ClayTravisBGID confirmed the same news

@noonthirtythree @ClayTravisBGID blaine, clay, brent and myself all have diff sources reporting the same thing so

Jun 15, 2004
E @EgleVof jackson from what my sources close to manny have told me he wants to win a superbowl now,and 9ers is the top pick

@garywalkins,manny is said to make his new home in sf.tba monday at 1pm eastern time

Dec 4, 2006
Maybe the 49ers already worked out Flynn on some stealth mode shit like they did with Manning ...

Ha ha I said it best about Alex Smith landing in Seattle, good riddance! I say he'll sign with them for sure...and be a backup for Tavaris Jackson ha ha...

stupid bum askin $14 mill a year and 4-5 year deal, he should have settle for the $8 mill a year because mediocre QB's like him don't deserve more than $9 mill...

I'm hoping we land Peyton Manning or Flynn, others QB's I wouldn't mind Henne, Hasselbeck or Josh Johnson...

Jan 12, 2006
Maybe the 49ers already worked out Flynn on some stealth mode shit like they did with Manning ...

Ha ha I said it best about Alex Smith landing in Seattle, good riddance! I say he'll sign with them for sure...and be a backup for Tavaris Jackson ha ha...

stupid bum askin $14 mill a year and 4-5 year deal, he should have settle for the $8 mill a year because mediocre QB's like him don't deserve more than $9 mill...

I'm hoping we land Peyton Manning or Flynn, others QB's I wouldn't mind Henne, Hasselbeck or Josh Johnson...

Not saying you're wrong but where did you get 14 million a year from? Alex had accepted to sign a 3 year contract for around 10 million or less a year last I heard. I'm assuming his agent told him not to sign since it was his agent and manning that went out of their way to contact the 49ers. I bet his Alex's agent let him know last minute about his intentions. Alex got fucked over nice by his own agent, bet you he fires him and signs another soon. What else took Alex so long to schedule visits with other teams? I bet he was confident he would be a niner and had already agreed to a contract he just hadn't signed, last minute before that contract gets signed Peyton and Smiths agent get on the phone and tell the 49ers to reconsider and put alex contract on hold. What a coincidence Alex as of Monday said the contract was almost done and he was sure he would sign soon. Bet he left it to his scum bag agent who purposely delayed the signing until manning made his decision. Bad news for the agent and the 49ers is the secret workout that happened on Tuesday leaked to the media. Just my two cents.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
Although I bet our front office has prepared themselves for a worst case scenario where they lose out on smith and manning. Who that replacement would be? I don't know and i don't think anyone outside the front office would know at this moment. Kap? Tolzien? Rookie?? Free Agent?
It would be interesting if yall started kapernick. 2nd year so he may not be "ready" to start, but that kid is a winner.

I have doubts about yall getting manning cause he aint gonna like the field or the weather. I think he and harbaugh wont mesh well, probably but heads a lot. Plus manning played college ball in Tennessee, so you already know he has the experience playing in the climate, and living there.

Jan 12, 2006
It would be interesting if yall started kapernick. 2nd year so he may not be "ready" to start, but that kid is a winner.

I have doubts about yall getting manning cause he aint gonna like the field or the weather. I think he and harbaugh wont mesh well, probably but heads a lot. Plus manning played college ball in Tennessee, so you already know he has the experience playing in the climate, and living there.
Yeah as far as Kap I'm not completely sold on him. Mostly due to the fact that I haven't seen much of him on a NFL level. With the squad we have i would hate to take a chance on a second year player who is still unproven. Like every other decision Harbaugh has made though, if he thinks Kap is ready then I'll think Kap is ready. Harbaugh more times then not will make the correct decision.

I had the same doubts 3 days ago, right before the manning to 49ers news leaked. My questions are why did Manning and his agent go out of their way to contact the 49ers, did they want to use us to drive up the price? Does he truly see the 49ers as his best option and want to become a 49er?? Because clearly the 49ers front office didn't feel they could land manning, or else they would have persuaded him a lot sooner and made it clear they wanted him from the start. Manning told management and harbaugh something though that made them think they had a chance and still do and now put us in this situation. Because all signs point to the fact that before manning made that call, the 49ers were perfectly content with moving forward with alex smith for the next 3 years.