Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
^^^^^Gigantic but fucking awesome.

Brandon Jacobs is not listed on the 49ers' injury report for the first time this season.
Jacobs has dressed for recent game days, but he hasn't actually gotten any snaps or touches. "That remains to be seen," OC Greg Roman said when asked whether Jacobs would make his Niners debut on Monday Night Football against the Cardinals. "Ninety minutes before the game, we'll release our inactives."

Props: IronLungs420
Jan 27, 2005
Randy Moss Visits with Lil Wayne
November 7, 2012 @ 3:00 PM › Taylor Price
↓ Leave a comment

It’s not often you get one of the world’s best entertainers and football players in the same room, but that’s what happened weeks back when multi-platinum recording artist Lil Wayne came to 49ers headquarters to shoot an interview with future Hall of Fame wide receiver Randy Moss.

The interview, which features the hip hop artist asking the 49ers wideout about his remarkable playing career and many other topics, airs this Sunday morning at 7 a.m. PT on ESPN’s Sunday Countdown Show.

On Wednesday, Moss discussed his appreciation for Wayne’s involvement with ESPN and the opportunity to visit with one of the most famous musicians in the world today.

“I think a lot of people listen to Lil Wayne’s music over the years and for him to be able to take the music industry and mix it with professional sports, I thought it was something both sides wanted to see,” Moss said. “The music world wanted to see it; the sports world wanted to see it.”

Now, 49ers fans want to see it.

In the interview, the team’s Faithful fans will get to learn about Moss’ hard work behind the scenes and relationships with teammates.

It covers a number of topics according to Moss.

“I think it’s more of understanding me and how I work,” the 14year veteran wideout explained. “For us to do the interview and for him to ask the questions that he asked about my life, the 49ers, (Michael) Crabtree, there was a lot of things talked about.”

Moss’ 47-yard touchdown against the Arizona Cardinals might serve as his greatest on-field memory with San Francisco so far. The interview with the respected entertainer might be considered as his top moment off of it.

“I considered it a blessing, a blessing in disguise because I try to stay humble,” Moss detailed. “I try to stay grounded and for Lil Wayne to come in an interview me, man, that’s something special.”

So special, Moss considered it to be a humbling feeling.

“I’ve said time and time again that we are human, they don’t think we’re human, but we are human,” Moss said. “It was a blessing for a famous rapper, an icon, to come in and interview me. I’m very humble and very blessed to be able to do that.”

Feb 12, 2004
Anyone else think Kap can be a more athletic, more mobile, faster version of Ben Rapelisberger? They both like to extend the play and both have a big arm. If Kap can add some mass and get some touch on his passes he can be really good. Still needs A LOT more work tho because he does a lot of shit he shouldn't do like not properly protecting the football, slow throwing motion and waiting too long to make a decision.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2006
"Coach Harbaugh is not at the facility today under doctor's orders. He is having a minor procedure done at Stanford Hospital today for an irregular heartbeat. We anticipate that he will be back at the facility tomorrow, but do not have any further information to share at this time. Assistant head coach and special teams coordinator Brad Seely will be overseeing today's practice and meetings. When more information regarding coach Harbaugh is available we will pass that along."

Jan 12, 2006
Matt Barrows ‏ M @Matt barrows Harbaugh began feeling ill last night, is believed to have gone to Stanford then. He is expected to be on hand tomorrow, spokesman says.

Jan 12, 2006
Matt Barrows ‏ M @Matt barrows
Looks like the 49ers are trying out some kickers today. ... Also new practice squander Chad Hall is in the building.