NFC West Championship Game! Rams vs Hawks

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Minne

Sicc OG
Jan 20, 2007
Any season I did not have a legitimate shot at winning the Championship I would play for a draft pick.

Human's as a species have an innate tendency to overvalue the present and undervalue the future (which is why so many people still smoke cigarettes - because the negative consequences are not immediate).

A manager that has the ability to control that impulse would be at a great advantage over his peers.

If the Hawks make it to the Superbowl this season I will eat my words, otherwise, we just wasted the opportunity to make our franchise a legitimate contender to do so in the next few years.

Not only would I have played for a draft pick, I would have traded any player of value that is too old to still have value in 3-5 years when the franchise is ready to compete for the championship (Leon Washington being a prime example)
Well I don't think playing for draft picks is very fun, Going out there and not trying and just getting your ass kicked is not fun. People dont flood the stadiums to go see there team lose on purpose for a draft no matter what there record is. You play to win.