Newbe question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 4, 2006
I just got into mixtape design and photoshop so I'm wondering if there's standard fonts when it comes to tracklists on mixtapes. Fonts that are often used. I've noticed that they look very much like the impact font, they're plain, simple and very easy to read.
I'm also interested in learning the teqhnigue that makes pictures of people and anything else for that matter, cartoonish and game-like. I see it all the time on mixtapes, and now recently on the Fabolous - Loso's Way mixtape, even though that's not the best one I've seen.
Last but not least, I wanna learn how to add lights and shine to pictures. At this very moment, I actually see it used on the face on the yukmouth presents banner on this very site. I also saw it on another thread with a cover of Foxy Brown on this forum. I know you can use the lightening effect, but are there other ways to go about it as well. That Foxy Brown piece looked great, but I can't manage to create the same effect with the lightening effect on photoshop.

Thanks in advance,
Blabbermouth Chea!!!

Apr 4, 2006
thanks for the tips lol...off course I must be creative and make my own stuff and not bite and stuff, but in the beginning, when you're a newbe, it's always good to copy others good work and try to learn the same effects and techniques etc...but when it comes to fonts, the playlist font on mixtapes, I know you've recognized that the same font is being used a lot, you don't know what that font is?
With the "cartoonish" look, is it hard to get advice on that technique? Why? I've seen people in here using it, so what's the procedure? How do you get em "cartoonish"?

Thanks;)

noWetaG

Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2002
GateWonProduct.com
ure gonna have a hard time gettin that outta people on here......
alot of folks are stingy as hell with knowledge and tips.......
especially a look everybody and they mama been tryna copy anyway....