new tool

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
amazing...beyond my expectations. worth the wait.

will get more detailed later,but based on my 2 listens through i am very impressed. couldnt ask any more from an album as a tool fan.

...and yes i downloaded it. but if you think i am not supporting tool you have another thing coming. i couldnt resist myself.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Tight shit. I have heard four of the songs but that's all I'm peeping before it drops. Have you checked out the other threads on here Sicc? As you can tell me, Cranky and Psilo have been going back and forth about this cd for almost a month now lol

Nuttkace

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Nuttkase said:
Have you checked out the other threads on here Sicc? As you can tell me, Cranky and Psilo have been going back and forth about this cd for almost a month now lol

Nuttkace
yeah,here and there. but think i purposly excluded myself so i wouldnt get too excited and over-hype the album to the point where i couldnt enjoy it. never even heard any of the songs that were released/leaked. up until the other night when RJ (b-buzz) brought it up i had no idea when the release date was either... i guess i am kind of a hypocrite now considering i downloaded it but oh well,haha.

but yeah,if you guys didnt know i am a HUGE tool fan. my all time favorite band by far. doesnt matter what i am listening to,tool is always in the rotation.

Mar 9, 2003
What's so great about this band? I downloaded Lateralus and Undertow years ago and wasn't impressed at all. Everyone seems to make them sound like a newer style Rush or something.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
they sound nothing like rush...dont know who you have been talking to

whats so great about them is they dont sound like anything else out there...at least thats on my main points.

Mar 9, 2003
Lol I didn't mean literally. My sister listens to a lot of alternative rock that sounds a lot like Tool, Deftones, and APC. Though she seems to hate them aswell for some reason. Whenever I talk to her I'll tell her to give me some names.

Apr 25, 2002
I don't know how to explain it, and I slept on Tool for YEARS. Once I started listening to them and really soaking their albums, I was addicted. They are one band that I never get sick of too. The more I listen, the better the music gets. It's strange......If you have their albums downloaded (especially Lateralus) you need to just zone out and soak that shit. That album is absolutely phenomenal......I think some people may compare them to Rush because both bands' drummers are held in very high regard as two of the best.......

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
I still havent listened to anything. I havent even put on Vicarious in a few days cause I dont want to play it out.

Some people dont understand "why" Tool is one of the best bands, and thats understandable to me, since Ive met so many people in that department.

But some of us, hear something else. We hear the true power behind the music.. we take in the lyrics and they mean 100x more than any other rock band's words ever has.. Their music tells a story along with the words, every song is an epic piece of work. Lateralus was definitely my favorite rock cd from 00-06, it was a complete, flowing masterpiece. haha... i cant wait to listen to the new one

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Syk0tic said:
What's so great about this band? I downloaded Lateralus and Undertow years ago and wasn't impressed at all. Everyone seems to make them sound like a newer style Rush or something.
The same can be said for any band/group/artist bro. It's all a an individuals personal opinion. I am a Bauhaus fan like your self and I have had people over at my house when I was listening to them and they are like "what the fuck is that crap." To me and you (and alot of others) Bauhaus is the shit...to others it couldn't be any closer to garbage.

For me I love how Tool's songs flow and I personally think Maynard has one of the best voices I have ever heard. Plus their music deals with alot of what's going on in the world and songs that were on Undertow still hold weight in todays world as much as they did back when it was released close to 15 years ago.

I don't know...that's my 2cents on Tool and music in general. I know I do it myself sometimes but that's why I TRY not to knock other peoples taste in music. One mans garbage is another mans treasure.

Nuttkace

Apr 25, 2002
Psilo707 said:
every song is an epic piece of work
I couldn't agree more. My favorite songs are generally the ones that are 7+ minutes long that just take you on a journey of sorts as the music builds and intensifies.......

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
lol when Vicarious was on the radio today the DJ starting going "I know the pieces fit I know the pieces fit". So funny. I've been pissed at how much it sounds like Schism too. I'm really not a big fan of the song, but if Maynard doesn't do that gravel voice on any of the other songs then I'll still love it.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
^^^ I have heard three other songs and he doesn't do it on any of those thre (the gravel voice thing)

At first I thought "Vicarious" was alright. But after listening to it and soaking in what he is saying I like it alot now.

Nuttkace

Doit

Sicc OG
Jan 30, 2006
I've been a fan of theirs since Undertow came out. They're my favorite band other than Nails in "that" category of music. I've heard the new album more than 15 times now and it doesn't impress me. It's a good album, but not great. To me it seems like they didn't spend enough time on it. I've been playing Lateralus a lot more lately than the new album. Again, I'll keep rotating the disc and give it time, but when I had heard Undertow, Aneima, and Lateralus the first couple times I was hooked. Those albums totally blew me away. And I still play them today. :paranoid:

Apr 25, 2002
I've read A LOT of opinions on this album, and it isn't looking good.....People seem to be pretty disappointed with it......I fuckin' hope I like the album......

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
Ill be first in line for suuure, especially since I didnt give in and dload it (which i thought wouldnt happen)..

Although im getting a different feeling from the responses.. at least on the Tool boards. I think the Tool fans who 'knew' it would be very different and unlike anything theyve done before.. are the ones who like it and say its good. As opposed to the tool fans who wanted a "Lateralus II" or more hard rock in the Aenima style..

just gotta wait to find out for myself i guess