New Tech & Kaliko video interview from raptalk

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2006
Short tech interview

I don't know how to post yyou tube vids or any shit like that, but I was just on Streethop.com and saw a quick little video on Tech telling Dj's to play his music. I don't see it posted here if someone can do it that would be great, thanks.

Jan 6, 2006
heres the new video interview with Tech N9ne & Krizz Kaliko from raptalk. checks it outs. good stuff.

After debuting our Slaughterhouse video interview, it is clear that Raptalk.Net got the VIP treatment at the Rock the Bells show in Toronto, Canada on July 5th.

We also got the opportunity to hook up with independent stars Tech N9ne and Krizz Kaliko for an exclusive video interview. In this feature, we discuss many issues such as the Rock the Bells tour itself and how it's treating these two. Tech N9ne is well known for his independent success, a topic of discussion which we dive into. With over a million records sold independently, would Tech N9ne ever consider signing to a major? Read/Watch on and find out!

The topic then moves onto the highly anticipated next solo album from Tech N9ne, titled "K.O.D." - an unknown meaning but Tech explains his plans behind the title in this interview!

We also get a few words in from Krizz Kaliko about his latest release, "Genius" which is in stores now and made an impressive debut on the charts.

Enjoy!

Watch/Read here:

http://raptalk.net/website/content/view/1760/54/

Raptalk.Net: We’re right here with Tech N9ne and Krizz Kaliko. How are you boys doing?

Tech N9ne: Raptalk.Net, what’s cracking man? We kicking it like donkeys, feeling like monkeys as usual. What up?

Raptalk.Net: (Laughs) I’m doing well. My first question is how does it feel to be apart of Rock the Bells?

Tech N9ne: Oh my God, it’s a beautiful thing. When you’re in your own world and create your own world, all you know is you. When you come outside of that world to a place like Rock the Bells with a lot of major artists on it, and they all commend you on it and it’s all a family oriented ordeal, it’s a wonderful thing.

Raptalk.Net: How is the tour treating you so far?

Tech N9ne: Very nice. Everybody, there are no assholes on this tour that I’ve discovered. Everybody is showing us love and respect.

Krizz Kaliko: It seems from the crowd, some of the people don’t know us and there hands are crossed like this. When they start knowing all the songs and hands go up. When we get off the stage, they all congratulate us as we walk through the crowd.

Tech N9ne: They’ve showed us a lot of love.

Raptalk.Net: “The Killer” album went number one on the independent charts. It sold a whole lot of units. Tell us about your independent success.

Tech N9ne: It’s a wonderful thing to be independent. After “Killer” came out and we reached that one million mark with sales, ever since then it’s been stuff like Paid Dues, Rock the Bells, Billboard articles. It’s a wonderful thing to be independent and call your own shots. Everybody is on one accord now, paying attention to what we do. It’s a wonderful thing.

Raptalk.Net: Over a million sold independent. Some artists have a tough time reaching 100K on major labels if we can be honest. A million independent is fantastic so my next question for that is, would you ever consider signing to a major?

Tech N9ne: I mean if we sign to a major, it don’t sound too good.

Krizz Kaliko: They’d have to sign our label.

Tech N9ne: Yeah, they’d have to sign the label. It would have to be for a lot of money. Me and my partner put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this. We’re not trying to hear that. Of course we don’t have video and radio so maybe we could use that, but other than that, it doesn’t sound attractive unless it’s something “monsterific.”

Raptalk.Net: I don’t blame you. What they do is put the major radio and television machine behind you. You guys look good to me with a million sold independent.

Tech N9ne: They gotta’ pay for those blood, sweat and tears. I don’t know if they have enough money to do that though.

Raptalk.Net: You don’t think so huh?

Tech N9ne: (laughs) No

Raptalk.Net: What advice would you give to any up and coming independent artists?

Tech N9ne: No matter how hard it gets, when you start out it’s hard as hell. Money is hard to come by. If you believe in it, you will achieve in it. Don’t let anybody discourage you. They told me a lot of times, even my family members told me “you need to get a side job or another job” because they thought it seemed like a hobby. I didn’t believe it was a hobby. I felt it was something I had to say that a lot of people try to get into. And now it’s happening like I planned. Now I’m over here in Toronto; I’ve never been to Toronto. I get to preach my gospel to a lot more people.

Raptalk.Net: I’m sure everyone is supporting you now.

Tech N9ne: Yes. We still have a long way to go though. I have a lot of places that I haven’t been that we have to go. My quest is to get into the rest of the world. That is my quest. I’ve never been to Japan so we gotta’ get over there to Japan. I’m finally about to go to Amsterdam, I’ve never been there before. Switzerland, I’ve never been there before. It’s happening like I planned. My plan is to get into the rest of the world so I have a little way to go. We have some more millions to sell.

Krizz Kaliko: All you gotta’ do is be there once. (As woman walks by Krizz turns head) WOOOO!

Tech N9ne: (laughs)

Krizz Kaliko: (laughs) that’s our little call.

Raptalk.Net: Thank God for this nice Toronto weather today allowing them to wear that.

Krizz Kaliko: (laughs) Yes! Thank you Toronto! Toronto! Thank you Toronto.

Raptalk.Net: (Laughs) “Sickology 101” was recently released and also did good numbers for an independent project. Are there any more albums with that collaboration concept planned at this time?

Tech N9ne: Well we do them every year. The Tech N9ne collabo’s that was the second one that we’ve done. It’s usually an appetizer to get ready for the big album. The big album that “Sickology” got you ready for is called “K.O.D.” which will come out October 27th. We do them every year and will do another one next year. I don’t know what it’ll be called because the impulse usually just hits with me and Travis. Travis will call me and be like “hey man we need to do some more collabo’s” and I’ll be like (snaps fingers) “Sickology 101.” I said the word “Sickology” in a past song on a past album. The album was “Everready” and I said it on “Welcome to the Midwest”, a song with me and Krizz Kaliko. I said something like “get ready for Sickology.” I won’t know until we get on stage and do it tonight. I said the word “Sickology” in that song and it always stuck out to me.

Krizz Kaliko: We were joking around about going over the lyrics “Sickology, yeah I said Sickology everybody!”

Tech N9ne: we’re gonna’ do another one {collabo album] next year I’m sure. This is the year of “K.O.D.” and I can’t tell you what it stands for because we’re having a contest to see if people can guess it around album time. Sorry that I can’t tell you what “K.O.D.” stands for.

Raptalk.Net: What type of producers and guest appearances are you working with for “K.O.D.?”

Tech N9ne: I actually won’t start until Tuesday. I was supposed to start last week on Monday but we were finishing our DVD that is going to come out this year. “Strictly Strange” is our first live show DVD. I lost one week so we will start on Tuesday. I’ve been talking to Cory Taylor from Slipknot, trying to get him to do a chorus for us. I’ve been trying to get at Three 6 Mafia. I want to try and get at Beth Gibbons from Portishead. I really want to get at Trent Reznor to see if I can get a track out of him, possibly a chorus. A lot of different types of people. Of course Krizz Kaliko is going to come out sing and out rap everybody on it too. His album is about to come out July 14h and he is going to let everybody know that he is “Genius.”

Raptalk.Net: Is that the name of the album?

Krizz Kaliko: The name of the album is “Genius.” It’s coming out in two weeks! (editor’s note: release date is July 14). July 14th and I can’t wait for the world to hear it. People keep coming up and saying “I can’t wait for “Genius” and I’m like “I can’t wait for you to hear it” (laughs). It’s probably the best I feel and this is a big statement, but I feel it’s the best work I’ve ever done. If they got “Vitiligo” which was my first album, this is leaps and bounds above that album. July 14th, you tell me.

Tech N9ne: You’re going to listen to it and say “WOOOOO”

Krizz Kaliko: (laughs)

Raptalk.Net: So July 14th, “Genius” and October 27th, “K.O.D.” It’s going to be a big year for you guys.

Tech N9ne: Totally, and also we have another artist by the name of Big Scoob coming out with his first solo album and it’s called “Monsterific” and it comes out September 15th. We also just signed Brotha Lynch Hung from Sacramento so be looking for “Dinner & a Movie” sometime this year hopefully if we’re lucky.

Raptalk.Net: that is good news right here. Brotha Lynch Hung has a large following on the west coast. Congratulations on that move.

Tech N9ne: Totally, thank you.

Raptalk.Net: That is it. Raptalk.Net, Lunatic and we have Tech N9ne and Krizz Kaliko.

Krizz Kaliko: Kali baby!

Tech N9ne: Tech N9ne on Raptalk.Net!

Raptalk.Net: Do you guys have any last words for Raptalk?

Tech N9ne: Celebrate life.

Krizz Kaliko: “Genius!” and WOOOOO! (laughs).

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Most notably:

Raptalk.Net: What type of producers and guest appearances are you working with for “K.O.D.?”

Tech N9ne: I actually won’t start until Tuesday. I was supposed to start last week on Monday but we were finishing our DVD that is going to come out this year. “Strictly Strange” is our first live show DVD. I lost one week so we will start on Tuesday. I’ve been talking to Cory Taylor from Slipknot, trying to get him to do a chorus for us. I’ve been trying to get at Three 6 Mafia. I want to try and get at Beth Gibbons from Portishead. I really want to get at Trent Reznor to see if I can get a track out of him, possibly a chorus. A lot of different types of people. Of course Krizz Kaliko is going to come out sing and out rap everybody on it too. His album is about to come out July 14h and he is going to let everybody know that he is “Genius.”

Jun 22, 2007
Maybe a few years ago when it was more than just Juicy J & DJ Paul. Three 6 has fallen off a great deal.
True, they definetely arent the same. But still if he can get a beat from them, that would make me extremely giddy being a die hard 3 6 fan forever. I dont even care if Paul or Juicy is on the song, just get a beat from them.