new pod, yellowcard

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I can't stand Yellowcard at all. DJ Mark 7 took the words right out of my mouth. Yellowcard, Blink 182, Good Charlotte, Sum 41...all those type of bands are garbage IMO. Travis Barker from Blink 182 is an amazing drummer though.

I have only heard POD's songs that they have videos for...they are alright. I might have to check them out.

Nuttkace

Aug 20, 2004
DJ Mark 7 said:
Just my opinion but I think Yellowcard is the EPITOME of what's wrong with the TRL Pop Blink-182 wannabe bands....Not feelin them at all
Thank you....they even made a great banc like Greenday look bad...

That new POD is hard though...im diggin it...

If you wanna dope rock album...check out the new Sw1tched album "Ghost In The Machin"...its not AS good as "Subject To Change"...but its damn close....PLUS it comes with a bonus disk with demo version of some of thier best songs from thier first album and some live songs...

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
a star impaled said:
lmao, I love how everyone is critisizing YC and praising P.O.D. THERE THE SAME THING. Nu-Metal is just as bad as Emo Pop if not worse. I fully admit that YC is a shit band, but I enjoy their music.
The only people who praised P.O.D. was the post starter and Gringo. I have only heard a couple of their songs so I really can't say. What I have heard though was alright at best.

Yellowcard I have heard alot of and it is all crap IMO. I know they both fall under Nu-Metal but they sound ALOT different...well atleast from what I heard of both groups atleast.

Eh...who cares? lol

Hey Smurf what do you think of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds? If you have heard them that is of course. A friend of mine from work let me borrow some of his cds and they are pretty sick IMO. Dude is a great story teller...in a sick kind of way lol.

Nuttkace

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Well first off just to let you know its not like hardcore rock music...so don't listen to it expecting that. It is really hard to explian what category you would put it in. First one to start with is hard...um I guess you could start with The Best of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

If you are looking to check out not a best of I would go with one of these three.

The Firstborn Is Dead
Tender Prey
Your Funeral...My Trial

He was the lead singer in the late 1970's early 1980's post punk/goth rock band The Birthday Party. I like them alot but I like his solo work better.

Let me know what you think. I will check out that Scarlet cd tommorow.

Nuttkace

May 16, 2002
Nick cave is badass. it is hard to define his style other than some sort of early alternative...

as for YC and POD...they are both TRL bands but i still find them both to be alright.... i must say that the violin in a poppy/punk band is kinna cool...makes me like YC more than any of the other poppy/punk shit.

Aug 20, 2004
Yellowcard is just a step away from bein N'Sync...at least POD rocks the fuck out....

We all have different taste in music...i find Goth Rock(most anyhow) straight up corny and Emo(pretty much) just be too damn soft and cuddly...its like alternative lyrics with punk music...not feelin that...if im gonna listen to some sad,depressing shit....il put out Staind or Nirvana...heavy,melodic and emotional...if i want some wicked,heavy shit...ill pull out Metallica or Tool....plain & simple....

I like Nu Metal...its great....Sw1tched is one of my favorite bands...the singer has an excellent voice and can really get gritty...

So everyone just relax...music is music...we all like it in different forms...and we all have opininons on these different genres...we not supposed to agree....thats the point of a discussion!

Aug 20, 2004
P.O.D has some hard hittin tracks on their new one...im talkin rockin out,head bangin fuckin moshin type shit...ill elbow the fuck outta someone to this album...

Ill check it out Smurf...props...

Apr 25, 2002
kinda what gringo said, we all have different taste, and i could give a flying fuck less if a band is close to TRL, or if they even got a video on TRL.. if i like their shit, ill play it...my thing is, i fucking hate metal...that shit is worse to me than anything else, shit gives me a headache....so the rock i jam to is probably more trl'ish cuz i cant stand the other shit.....nirvana was ther shit no doubt.....but the shit i really got into last year was the killers, fall out boy, my chemical romance....those albums i was reaaly feeling, and these two new albums are kinda jamming two.....

Oct 22, 2005
I think YC's new Album is good, its more of adult alternative then the Pop-Punk Ocean Avenue was.

And as for Payable On Death, I Don't think they have realeased an album I havent like they are always fire.

And for those who said P.O.D. and YC are the same, every time you walk into a room, the room gets alot dumber.