New Matic Lee Album Tease

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

what do youthink of Matic's new shit

• Shit is FUCKIN HOT...WHEN DOES THE ALBUM DROP!!!!

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • ITS OK..NEED TO HEAR MORE

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I LIKE HIS OLD SHIT BETTER

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN TRASH AND STILL IS

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
Feb 11, 2008
www.myspace.com
Upon second and third listen, I think my main problem with the first track is the hook.... the verse was straight, flow was good, and the beat is nice... but there's just too much goin on with the hook, it's distracting and kind of just comes off as noise to me... I think it'd really benefit from the omission of one of the added elements, either in the beat or in the vocal, cuz that'd really take away that distraction and let the rest of the track shine for what it is...

Second track, I just really wasn't feelin... it wasn't too complex by any means, but subject-matter and content I couldn't get into... the beat was decent tho...

I'm really gonna have to check out more of those other albums, I think before I just listened to what was on myspace... it'll give me a better idea as to how you're evolving overall...
These tracks aren't mastered yet so that may have alot to do with why you refer to it as, "a lot going on" because alot of the freqencies haven't been managed properly...the tracks are just rough mixes

Sep 22, 2006
Germany
I'm really feelin your shit. new tracks are fucking HOT.
But I think what you need to work on is to make your lyrics sound "sharper" or "harder" (not that ghetto-gangsta-harder-shit) like...sometimes you slurr your words and your verse looses prescence and becomes one wobbling piece of words. same goes for the hooks, I'm kinda missing the pressure behind them on some tracks.

but that's just meant as constructive criticism (I exaggerated to make my point clearer)..your music is great, I've been listening to your other shit a LOT and I think you've got mad talent and style. good luck with your dream :)

Jan 20, 2007
IamGilgamesh.guru
What Flava^^^ means is he thinks you need to work on your annunciation.

I personally love the different mixing, sound, vibe, and vocal fx & eq's that self-produced MC's like Matic have. The way they know ALL aspects of the track so well that they can mix and master the vocals and dubs and all into the beat while its still in pieces instead of just pasting over a instrumental track is MAD beautiful to me. To quote a great, 'its a wonderful thing.'

Jun 9, 2007
What Flava^^^ means is he thinks you need to work on your annunciation.

I personally love the different mixing, sound, vibe, and vocal fx & eq's that self-produced MC's like Matic have. The way they know ALL aspects of the track so well that they can mix and master the vocals and dubs and all into the beat while its still in pieces instead of just pasting over a instrumental track is MAD beautiful to me. To quote a great, 'its a wonderful thing.'

damn bro you need a kleenex for that load you just shot?

I'm going to hold off final judgment until I hear the finalized versions of these tracks... BUT, I will say I'm feelin this new shit so far more than the shit off the last album (just heard the whole thing earlier today)... it was cool, but lacking in a lot of areas.

May 31, 2006
Thanx for the that. Gave it a few listens. I like the first part better , I think the complexity of the whole thing is really nice , the lyrics and flow are on point and the beat goes hard! I guess I just wasn't feeling the second part too much , don't know why , just need a few more listens to get into it I guess....
I'm eager to hear the full mastered versions of these songs , and your whole album actually. I'm still listening to the old ones. Good stuff.
Peace!