Native American delivers the deathblow to Illegal Immigration Protestors.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
another misconcetion due to hollywood. natives have the highest sobriety rate of all people...
I don't know about that homie, maybe where you're from in the Northwest is different but all of the Natives I grew up with in the midwest including some of my own family is a whole different story.

Read up a little on Pine Ridge in South Dakota, second biggest rez in the US. 97% live under the federal poverty level, 70% never make it out of highschool, 150% higher suicide rate then the rest of the country. All of this due to alcohol and drugs. Pine Ridge got so bad they made it illegal to buy and sell alcohol on the reservation itself (but of course liquor store popped up all over the borders.)

Stats About Pine Ridge

Some key quotes from that article I posted:

- Alcoholism affects eight out of ten families on the Reservation.

- The death rate from alcohol-related problems on the Reservation is 300% higher than the remaining US population.

Pine Ridge is only an example, most reservations all across the midwest is exactly the same. I lived in Pine Ridge and Eagle Butte in SD at a point in my life and both were worse then any big city ghetto i've ever seen and all of this is due to the insane alcoholism percentage among the people spread all throughout the midwest.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
One thing I have mixed feelings about is this though....

While I DO feel like Native Americans have been completely fucked over & done wrong as it gets by the American government:

I was born here. didnt ask to be born here neither did my parents; so saying that I am 'just as illegal' as your daily border crosser / illegal immigrant is false.

I think that is the equivalent to telling black folks to "go back to Africa", majority have never even been to Africa, & I have never been to Ireland nor Italy.

But it does give me this shitty feeling inside when I think of how bad Native Americans had their prosperous land taken with no regards.
There are plenty of children who were born here to undocumented immigrants but the opposition wants them out also.

Jul 29, 2002
One thing I have mixed feelings about is this though....

While I DO feel like Native Americans have been completely fucked over & done wrong as it gets by the American government:

I was born here. didnt ask to be born here neither did my parents; so saying that I am 'just as illegal' as your daily border crosser / illegal immigrant is false.

I think that is the equivalent to telling black folks to "go back to Africa", majority have never even been to Africa, & I have never been to Ireland nor Italy.

But it does give me this shitty feeling inside when I think of how bad Native Americans had their prosperous land taken with no regards.

but some one from your family came here illegally is the point! Not saying you're one of those people that look down on illegals now but your families struggle from generations ago is there struggle today! Now!

Sep 21, 2012
I don't know about that homie, maybe where you're from in the Northwest is different but all of the Natives I grew up with in the midwest including some of my own family is a whole different story.

Read up a little on Pine Ridge in South Dakota, second biggest rez in the US. 97% live under the federal poverty level, 70% never make it out of highschool, 150% higher suicide rate then the rest of the country. All of this due to alcohol and drugs. Pine Ridge got so bad they made it illegal to buy and sell alcohol on the reservation itself (but of course liquor store popped up all over the borders.)

Stats About Pine Ridge

- The death rate from alcohol-related problems on the Reservation is 300% higher than the remaining US population.

Pine Ridge is only an example, most reservations all across the midwest is exactly the same. I lived in Pine Ridge and Eagle Butte in SD at a point in my life and both were worse then any big city ghetto i've ever seen and all of this is due to the insane alcoholism percentage among the people spread all throughout the midwest.

Dam, thats some sad shit, i did not now that.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
but some one from your family came here illegally is the point! Not saying you're one of those people that look down on illegals now but your families struggle from generations ago is there struggle today! Now!
Nah breh my family was not here illegally they followed the process of the government in place the time.

Feb 21, 2003
www.myspace.com

Stats About Pine Ridge

I worked for a rehabilitation center yrs ago & that was one of the misconception I learned while working there...

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I was waiting for the deathblow the whole time.

I use to be ignorant to NA problems, then I met my wife who is not active in the community, but her brother is active with the tribe, and I get doses of exposure from time to time.

There def major socio-economic issues that community faces - but I admire the pride, and the way they try and pass along there traditions and heritage.

But being the "angry" Native American can only get you so far - they really need to fix there education system. Also they have diabetes and obesity epidemic that is killing there people to fast.

Mar 24, 2006
There were no laws here when the Europeans came over, so how was it illegal?

What alot of people don't understand about this whole situation is the fact that if it wasn't the Europeans who came here and setup shop first it was going to eventually be the Asians, Russians, MiddleEasterns, Hindus ect. ect. ect. instead. The natives were eventually going to get their shit taken at some point by someone, it just happened to be by the Europeans.

Its not the natives fault that they weren't with the times when they came over, hell the entire Americas were isolated from the rest of the world for a very long time and they weren't able to flourish as fast.

Feb 21, 2003
www.myspace.com
I was waiting for the deathblow the whole time.

I use to be ignorant to NA problems, then I met my wife who is not active in the community, but her brother is active with the tribe, and I get doses of exposure from time to time.

There def major socio-economic issues that community faces - but I admire the pride, and the way they try and pass along there traditions and heritage.

But being the "angry" Native American can only get you so far - they really need to fix there education system. Also they have diabetes and obesity epidemic that is killing there people to fast.
Easier said than done. It a decolonialization process. It that eurocentric idealogy that has brought upon the issues we face as a people. Living in 2 worlds is a challenge. We all are Earth based people. A tree with no roots can't grow. As Indigenous people our DNA still has that connection to this land. Non-natives that live here may have been born here but thay have no true connection to the identity that is embedded in there DNA which is why most people are LOST!

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Easier said than done. It a decolonialization process. It that eurocentric idealogy that has brought upon the issues we face as a people. Living in 2 worlds is a challenge. We all are Earth based people. A tree with no roots can't grow. As Indigenous people our DNA still has that connection to this land. Non-natives that live here may have been born here but thay have no true connection to the identity that is embedded in there DNA which is why most people are LOST!
Is integrating not possible while keeping identity?

and devils advocate, how do you know if someone does not feel connection to this land like you?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2002
There were no laws here when the Europeans came over, so how was it illegal?

What alot of people don't understand about this whole situation is the fact that if it wasn't the Europeans who came here and setup shop first it was going to eventually be the Asians, Russians, MiddleEasterns, Hindus ect. ect. ect. instead. The natives were eventually going to get their shit taken at some point by someone, it just happened to be by the Europeans.

Its not the natives fault that they weren't with the times when they came over, hell the entire Americas were isolated from the rest of the world for a very long time and they weren't able to flourish as fast.

of course there werent laws, they just killed everyone they came across......i know you're throwing other races like the Asians, Middle easterns, etc... in your argument to make a point but we all know that didn't happen. History showes us different, just saying vato. Dont feed me that , i aint buying it.

Props: cheeto
Mar 24, 2006
of course there werent laws, they just killed everyone they came across......i know you're throwing other races like the Asians, Middle easterns, etc... in your argument to make a point but we all know that didn't happen. History showes us different, just saying vato. Dont feed me that , i aint buying it.
Like I said, If it weren't the Europeans it was going to be some other civilization. It was inevitable.

Props: S.SAVAGE